Advice needed for Enchantment of the Seas

myboys78

Thanks for the info, looks like that is where we will have lunch pork or beef OK with me.

There are other items on the menu too: pizza slices, small sandwiches, wraps, fruit cups, panini, salads, and chips.

The Park cafe is pretty good eats, when it's open. It's not open that often. Every day I tried going mid afternoon it was always closed . The only time I got to eat there was on embarkation day. Do eat there when you can as the buffet is horrible on Enchantment of the Seas and should be avoided at all costs.

The Park cafe is pretty good eats, when it's open. It's not open that often. Every day I tried going mid afternoon it was always closed . The only time I got to eat there was on embarkation day. Do eat there when you can as the buffet is horrible on Enchantment of the Seas and should be avoided at all costs.

The buffet was crowded for us, but we had no problem with the quality of the food.

We enjoyed the park cafe for a later breakfast. I can get oatmeal & fruit with ease. To the original poster...... enjoy being served dinner in the main dining room. It a wonderful treat for me. I don't have to go shopping for food to cook nor do I have to worry about others. A simple event that makes my cruise.

Park Cafe is great, and I plan on using it more this cruise, as it is usually less crowded and the food there has always been great.

I just hope with so many people talking about it now it doesnt become too busy!!..lol

It does close from time to time, but just look at the cruise compass and you can see when its open/closed.

I NEVER found the food in the WJ bad. I think its a very good quality and choice. I have had much worse in my travels.

The nachos/pizza at late nite at the Park Cafe are amazing as well!!

Hubby and I have sailed on the Enchantment twice, once with the equivalent of 4 generations. We chose the EoS for our family cruise because she had plenty for everyone to do or not do as they chose without feeling overwhelmed by wanting to see or do it all. Everyone had a fantastic time and no one had any problem finding something to do or eat. Keep in mind we did a 4 night Coco Cay/Nassau that turned into 3 sea days because of weather with a 60's couple, a 40's couple, 3 early 20's, and a 6 year old picky eater - we put EoS to the test lmao.

It's your vacation, it is what you make it. Relax and enjoy - the only requirement :)

One more thing, when you go to Coco Cay, don't forget your camera. We didn't take our camera with us when we went there on Oct.21st. On the way back to the ship there were 5 Dolphins swimming right next to the tender boat. The tender operator slowed down so everyone could take pictures except you know who.;)

What are the breakfast items in the Park Cafe? We won't be on until next July but I'm just curious.

Egg/muffin sandwiches, wraps, panini, oatmeal, grits, fruit cups, bagels. I'm sure I forgot something.

Regarding dress code, I recommend slacks all nights in the dining room. A collared shirt (dress or polo) will be fine except for formal night. I recommend at least a dress shirt and tie and preferably a sport coat or suit.

I was on the EOS this past summer. Great ship, great entertainment. Capt. Gus was entertaining, you folks sailing Quantum are getting a great captain. Windjammer was a bit crowded, but not too bad. I will respectfully disagree with the poster who said the food is as good as the MDR. DW and I had breakfast and lunch there and found the food OK, but lacked much variation between days.

As stated, you can either party hearty or relax to your hearts content. DW spent a lot of time in the Solarium and enjoyed it.

Enjoy your cruise. It is what you make of it.

Hello I am a first time cruiser, cruising on November 7-10. Just wondering if someone can give me some insight on RCL Enchantment of the Seas. Just wanted to get some reviews of the ship/activities/etc.

Also, I've always had difficulty with determining casual vs smart casual, any pointers/advice on the dress code will be most helpful as well.

Thanks

Enchantment is a great ship, we actually love it. Sleek lines, love the extension they did with the overhang at the pool. For a smaller ship, she is gorgeous.

As far as dress, we do not do FORMAL on short cruises, I wear a halter dress and hubby wears silk slacks and silk shirt. He wears that on all nights. I do skort/skirts on non formal night. It is a very casual cruise so don't stress about it.

We enjoyed our cruise on the Enchantment but found it very crowded in some of the public areas (Windjammer, theatre) since they stretched the ship and added cabins but did not increase the public areas. This did not ruin our cruise as we still had a great time and did miss it after it left Baltimore. Have fun and I am sure you will get hooked just like the rest of us on here.

Not entirely true. I think Bolero's is in the stretch, and the most important public place is bigger, pool deck. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hello I am a first time cruiser, cruising on November 7-10. Just wondering if someone can give me some insight on RCL Enchantment of the Seas. Just wanted to get some reviews of the ship/activities/etc.

Also, I've always had difficulty with determining casual vs smart casual, any pointers/advice on the dress code will be most helpful as well.

Thanks

Here are three reviews I wrote about the Enchantment, all from 2014.

January: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980397

June: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059380

October: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44375399

Best pictures are from most recent one in October.

You will love Enchantment OTS. We did. There is a review in my signature.

I bring a few tops and pants and a skirt and then wear what I want to that day. I bring one cocktail dress for the formal night. The main dining room service and food were fantastic.