Luggage Valet Service

We used Luggage Valet on The Reflection in July. First but absolutely not the last. Put the bags out on the last night, as usual, and didn't see them again until we landed at IAD.

We enjoyed breakfast, walked off the ship and were on the airport shuttle by 9:30. We had a 6 PM flight so we picked up a rental car and enjoyed the day.

We're on OASIS in January and wouldn't do it any other way.

Unfortunately it is not offered in Tampa. We used it out of FLL in March of this year and loved the service, worth every penny. We were looking forward to using it next February when we sail on Brilliance, but were disappointed when we were told by RCCL that it is not offered in Tampa. Hoping someday that changes. Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 months later...

Was thinking of doing the Luggage Valet. My only thing is that I would rather check myself in because the sooner you check in, the better your boarding order number will be. Since Southwest allows you to check in two bags for free, I was thinking that we could check in two bags under one person and just pay $20 instead of $40, then check-in online ourselves instead of having Royal do it for us. That wouldn't be a problem right?

Was thinking of doing the Luggage Valet. My only thing is that I would rather check myself in because the sooner you check in, the better your boarding order number will be. Since Southwest allows you to check in two bags for free, I was thinking that we could check in two bags under one person and just pay $20 instead of $40, then check-in online ourselves instead of having Royal do it for us. That wouldn't be a problem right?

That would work. You could also pay for Early Bird check-in and have check-in done automatically.

I have used Luggage Valet twice now, and both times I was flying on Southwest - to Philadelphia. ;)

I absolutely check myself in! I sit at that keyboard and wait for the exact second, and BOOM! Hit "submit".

:)

And yes, if you have two bags to check, just sign up for "one person" and pay just $20 to Royal Caribbean for the service.

Be sure to keep back what you really need to disembark and get home for your carry-on(s)!!!

There will be TWO tags to attach to each of the bags. Don't miss one of them. (ahem. Yes, I did that once. :rolleyes:)

I have used Luggage Valet twice now, and both times I was flying on Southwest - to Philadelphia. ;)

I absolutely check myself in! I sit at that keyboard and wait for the exact second, and BOOM! Hit "submit".

:)

And yes, if you have two bags to check, just sign up for "one person" and pay just $20 to Royal Caribbean for the service.

Be sure to keep back what you really need to disembark and get home for your carry-on(s)!!!

There will be TWO tags to attach to each of the bags. Don't miss one of them. (ahem. Yes, I did that once. :rolleyes:)

You sound just like me :) I sit at the computer and wait for the moment check-in comes available lol

This is new to me, so please fill me in on the basics. I googled it, and Royal Caribbean website is a little lacking on the information. So, here is how I think it work(please correct me if I am wrong), and I also have a question.

This March is our first time flying into FLL for a Royal Caribbean cruise - we've driven all other times. This luggage valet service sounds very appealing.

How I think it works:

• Luggage Valet is not available on arrivals - only when you are leaving the ship. You cannot purchase this before your cruise - you can only signup once you are onboard.
  • You pay $20 per person and feed Royal Caribbean your flight details. They will give you luggage tags to attach to your luggage
  • They will also give you boarding passes for your flights. This means you are checked in for your flight, and you simply walk through security to your gate
  • You put your luggage out in the hallway on the last night - just like we are used to
  • That's it! Royal takes care of getting your luggage to the airport - so you simply just pick up your luggage at your final destination.

Did I get any of this wrong?

If not, I have a question - what about getting to the ship from the airport on arrival? Does Royal have a program for this? Do they take your luggage from you too, or is it simply a shuttle - where they drop you off at the porters with your luggage?

T...If not, I have a question - what about getting to the ship from the airport on arrival? Does Royal have a program for this? Do they take your luggage from you too, or is it simply a shuttle - where they drop you off at the porters with your luggage?

The last time I did Royal transfer to the ship, which was several years ago, they took our bags at the airport and the next time we saw them was in our stateroom. This was at Miami.

You sound just like me :) I sit at the computer and wait for the moment check-in comes available lol

We used to do that and then.....umh...we were having a little too much fun onboard on our last day of the cruise and totally forgot about SWA check in.

I think it was about 6:30 that night that we remembered. We received the end of the B boarding. After that we just decided to pay for early bird, and print them out when we get to the airport. :D

Hmm, I just found this when I clicked a link in my reservation:

Luggage Valet

If you're sailing out Miami, FL; Los Angeles, CA; or Port Canaveral, FL; you can take advantage of our Luggage Valet service. It allows you to get your boarding passes and luggage checked in before you get to the airport. To use the service, your final destination must be in the U.S. Participating airlines are American, Continental, Delta, and United. You can purchase it while onboard the ship for only $10.

Seems way out of date to me :) Doesn't even mention Port Everglades. Plus Continental was merged into United several years ago.

But, I wonder if Air Canada is included, and/or flights to Canada are included. I'll give them a call and report back later.

Hmm, I just found this when I clicked a link in my reservation:

Luggage Valet

If you're sailing out Miami, FL; Los Angeles, CA; or Port Canaveral, FL; you can take advantage of our Luggage Valet service. It allows you to get your boarding passes and luggage checked in before you get to the airport. To use the service, your final destination must be in the U.S. Participating airlines are American, Continental, Delta, and United. You can purchase it while onboard the ship for only $10.

Seems way out of date to me :) Doesn't even mention Port Everglades. Plus Continental was merged into United several years ago.

But, I wonder if Air Canada is included, and/or flights to Canada are included. I'll give them a call and report back later.

I think this link is more up to date: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

This service is available in these selected ports:

• Fort Lauderdale
  • Port Canaveral
  • Miami
  • Seattle
  • Seward

and on these selected airlines:

• Air Tran
  • Alaska Airlines
  • American
  • Delta
  • United
  • US Airways
  • Jet Blue
  • Southwest Airlines

Participating airlines vary by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for specific port qualifications and additional information. An additional fee will apply