Celebrity reflection wine list

jssn2014

I too am looking for this answer. I have called celebrity several times and have been told each time they would email me the wine list under 13$ a glass on the reflection. I want to make an informed decision, regarding upgrading to the premium beverage package. To date I have not received any such email. I followed up the phone call to make sure they have my correct email address. I was assured each time that indeed they did have my correct address and would send the info requested. It has been a week since the last phone call, no email yet...... Disappointing :(

The easiest thing for you to do is to simply look at the wine list once you board and decide if you need to upgrade, it's so easy to do on board, any bartender can take care of it for you, or you can go to Guest Relations.

Sad to say but Celebrity is not good with follow up regarding requests like yours. Also, there isn't a generic wine list, there is some ship to ship variation so it's quite likely that Miami office doesn't have a current list for your ship. And finally, even if you got a list, remember that they do run out of certain wines, so you can never count on having a wine be served during your particular cruise.

I have searched everywhere and am unable to find out what the wine list is on this ship. Looking also for the difference between 9$ and 14$ wine by the glass and also bottle list.

Hi JSSN2014,

There is a Comolete Celebrity Fleet Wine List available for Pax in the Dining Room (MDR) as well as CellarMasters ... And usually smaller Lists for other individual venues (along with Drink Menus for them as well).

I did a omprehensive post here in early 2012 that shared the then Celebrity Fleet Wide List (actually book) so that other CC Members who are wine lovers like Mr Sloop & myself had more info available pre cruise... You can find that post here

Celebrity Fleet Wide Wine List (2012) = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1566983

Of course prices have gone up since 2012 (by the bottle, by the glass, and even the Bevvy Pkgs) but the 2012 List should give you a basic idea of what sort of wines are available onboard no matter how you choose to purchase them

Since then, occasionally other Cruisers have shared Drink Menues from various venues...

My plan is to Update the Celebrity Fleet Wide List here after my upcoming cruise in December (posting sometime early in 2015)

Now beyond all that...

There are always issues with having a whole lot of this type of detailed info pre cruise... Most notably when it comes to alcohol offerings, that availability can fluctuate / differ ship to ship, and even cruise to cruise depending on WHERE in the world the ship is - Restocking - Consumption - and Pax local preferences

Same issues that the Celebrity Bevvy Pkg Lists suffer from ( and why that info s not found anywhere on Celebrity's Website for Pax)

What I will say, is we have always been very satisfied with Celebrity's wine offerings... Especially with the Premium Pkg

If you are a serious wine lover, then I suggest that you get to know your Sommelier... And spend some time talking wine. Celebrity Sommeliers are trained to make suggestions based a lot on how wine knowledgeable the Guest is. We have found the more you know... The more exciting the Sommelier is about pleasing you (get the impression that a lot of Pax don't engage them much... Or are the type who just say "White Please")

So even if you are just a little knowledgeable can be helpful... "we like light whites... Not a fan of Chardonnay tho, much prefer Pionot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc". Now you've given the Sommelier something more concrete than just a standard sort of "Surprise me" and then saying you don't like the outcome.

If you have a Bevvy Pkg tell them that too

The list is passable for Classic... But far more extensive for Premium

As well, your Sommelier may have access to wines by the glass that are not on any standard Premium By The Glass List... We came across this a lot

If he / she knows your likes, they can make things happen for you. We figured that it has something to do with how the Soms pool their resources... Example, if there is an Italan Wine Region Tasting going on that day, then some Italian Wones may suddenly be available for Soms to offer By The Glass to their Dinner Tables.

Lol, wine was never a disappointment for uson Celebrity. Getting to know your Sommelier can really pay off. We had many excellent varietals & vintages... 99% of them covered by the Premium Pkg (including whole bottles that found their way to our MDR table top)

In the end we were happy Customers. And our Sommelier ended out his week with an excellent Extra Tip (Cash Bonus) as well

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

In addition to the link in the posts above, there was a recent posting of all the wines offered by the glass on an Eclipse sailing last May on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44321241&

Note that this list was on a sailing from the UK where menu prices are listed inclusive of the gratuity and the package price limits are adjusted upward accordingly. But the poster included the adjusted limits and even identified which wines on the list were under the limits of the two packages by color coding them. While the wines are generally the same throughout the fleet there could be some differences from time to time and from ship to ship. But the list should still give you a fairly good idea of what you can expect on your Reflection cruise.

The most recent full wine list I've seen posted is the one referred to in neptuno's post above. Unfortunately a few of the pages in that thread no longer come through. If you're interested I also have a PDF file of a March 2013 list available (click here) which might be a little dated but still can give you an idea in addition to the other links above.

Edited by Lsimon

• 11 months later...
I have searched everywhere and am unable to find out what the wine list is on this ship. Looking also for the difference between 9$ and 14$ wine by the glass and also bottle list.

Did you ever find one? Or did you photo one and post it? Going out on the holiday cruise with friends and they would like to know what wines are available on their classic drinks package. Their first time on Celebrity.

I've been researching this same question for quite awhile in an effort to decide if we should or should not upgrade our beverage package. What I've learned is that the selection of wines vary from ship to ship, also based on itinerary due to what's available when the ships need to restock while in port. This means that some of the wines on a published menu may not always be available, but other equitable wines are typically substituted. We plan to stay with classic for the first day or two and consider an upgrade if we're not satisfied with the selections. We also plan to ask the servers to help make suggestions for wines that are within our package. Some cruisers have reported that this strategy has kept them within their package while widening the variety of wines they've been able to sample.

Here's a link to the Reflection beverage menus that were posted by CC member Pipo (thanks Pipo!) last week. This should give an idea of what's available within both packages on the Reflection.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2266065

Keep in mind that if you have classic and select a wine that is more than $9 then you have to pay the full price for that glass. If you have the premium package and select a wine that is more than $13 then you only pay the difference.

Understand the wine list changes for EVERY cruise, EVERY ship, and often changes during the cruise if they run out of something and substitute. Kathy is correct and if you are going to upgrade do it after a day or two when you see what they have and are willing to pour. The differences are because Celebrity buys from wholesalers. There is a different wholesaler in every state and usually port as well. Thus different availability.

The servers will often pour a $10 or up wine with the classic package if you are nice to them and possibly provide a nice tip early on; especially in the MDR.

• 2 weeks later...