Best beaches

CaribSailor

My favorite beaches are as follows:

West Bay Beach in Roatan for it's incredible snorkeling right off the beach, and the selection of places to eat and drink. Also known as Tabayna Beach for cruise ship passengers (will be there land based in 6 weeks)

Tulum Mexico for it's miles of unspoiled talcum powder sand beach. The beach is off the electrical grid so no big resorts. Plenty of small places to rent a lounger and enjoy

Grace Bay Beach on Provo T&C, 14 miles of white sandy beach, need to be at a resort to have loungers, as a result not super crowded/

St John. Trunk Bay or any others around there.

Hub, (Sorry OP not meaning to hijack this thread), but I wanted to ask you a question about going to St. John's Trunk Bay on your own. You had a post in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1196166&highlight=getting+to+trunk+bay+on+your+own&page=56

About using the ship tour as transportation to Trunk Bay.

If you could please email me at hvac62 at yahoo dot com. So i can ask you a question I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hub, (Sorry OP not meaning to hijack this thread), but I wanted to ask you a question about going to St. John's Trunk Bay on your own. You had a post in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1196166&highlight=getting+to+trunk+bay+on+your+own&page=56

About using the ship tour as transportation to Trunk Bay.

If you could please email me at hvac62 at yahoo dot com. So i can ask you a question I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

I sent you an email. We have done the RCI "on your own" excursion and also actually gone to St John entirely on our own. I can help with either, but the RCI excursion is one of the few exceptions to my rule of not using cruise lines for excursions. The RCI "excursion" is actually cost effective and time effective and still gives you the freedom to be on your own. I'll be happy to answer any questions. My favorite part of knowing that St Thomas is on an itinerary is the chance to spend a few hours at the best beaches in the Caribbean. In my mind, it's not even close (but everyone has his or her favorites).