Balcony dividers

Only if they are side facing and the ship's management permits it.

Bob, could you please clarify what you meant by side facing? Also is it an all or none type decision made by management. I mean could they say "OK anyone on deck 9 and above that wants to open dividers can but deck 8 and below cannot" for whatever reason.

Bob, could you please clarify what you meant by side facing? Also is it an all or none type decision made by management. I mean could they say "OK anyone on deck 9 and above that wants to open dividers can but deck 8 and below cannot" for whatever reason.

I'm assuming Bob is talking about the balconies sharing a common wall with the other cabins you are with. I'm sure they won't open it up if there is a separate party in the middle of your cabins.

We were able to open ours on Indy (there was 7 rooms total). It is really up to the powers to be. I'm not sure they would say yes to some decks and not others, I would assume it is an all ship thing.

The balcony dividers cannot be opened on Voyager/Freedom class staterooms facing directly aft.

No idea if some dividers are allowed to open while others are not.

Edited by clarea

I recall reading on another thread somewhere on here that they can only open the dividers if they are in the same fire zone. Not sure if you can tell this through the deck plans or not, but on the ship it is easy. Wherever there is a door to separate different sections of the hallway that is the new fire zone. I would think that if all three are on the hump they would be the same zone. Just ask the stateroom attendant when you get on board.

They are hump balconies. Does anyone know if navigator's mgmt normally permits??? :-)

Things change. I was on Navigator in 2009 and it was a definite NO and I believe I have heard when she sailed out of Galveston it was the same thing. Things do change however, can't hurt to ask, or look for recent reviews.

We were on the Navigator summer 2012 and we had three rooms next to each other. They opened up the dividers for us. We were on the side of the ship, not aft.

I have always been told it's up to the management of the ship at the time you sail, but I personally have never been told no out of maybe 10 times we have asked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Navigator 2 years ago and had to side by side balcony cabins (side facing) and they would not allow us to open the dividers. It's the only cruise that I've been on where they wouldn't allow it. At that time, I was told by everyone here on CC that no one was allowed to have them open and it proved to be true for us. However, it sounds like it's more hit or miss these days on whether it's permitted.

We were on the Navigator 2 years ago and had to side by side balcony cabins (side facing) and they would not allow us to open the dividers. It's the only cruise that I've been on where they wouldn't allow it. At that time, I was told by everyone here on CC that no one was allowed to have them open and it proved to be true for us. However, it sounds like it's more hit or miss these days on whether it's permitted.

Did they give you a reason? I have been told if they think it's too windy they won't do it. We were in the Med and it was very calm and non- windy. I wonder if that is why

Did they give you a reason? I have been told if they think it's too windy they won't do it. We were in the Med and it was very calm and non- windy. I wonder if that is why

No reason was really given. They just stated that the dividers could not be opened on the Navigator. I really didn't push it too much considering no one was able to have theirs opened. I'm hoping I don't have any problems on the Freedom next April because this time we have 3 side by side. I'm excited about the extended balcony with all 3 rooms.

They are hump balconies. Does anyone know if navigator's mgmt normally permits??? :-)

We did just that on the Navigator back in Feb. Three Hump balconies 6314, 6316, 6318. Just aak your room steward when you meet him/her. That said... It was a rather windy / rough sailing & the dividers don't latch, so they banged & rattled most of the time. They also don't open flat - so you loose balcony space. Also some of them (depending on where you cabin door opening is)... are in tbe way of your doorway.... Not really ideal.... But it was cool to be able to have a huge balcony & go back and forth to the other rooms without going out in the hallway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app