Extension for FCC

dchip

We have an old FCC that will expire in January 2015. We want to book the Voyage of the Vikings for 2016. Will HAL extend the FCC until the date of that voyage is announced?

Thanks, Denise

I think you may be ok.

My TA recently told me that HAL extended and FCD with a phone call for a client, so by all means I would call and ask.

I think the key is to call before it expires?

Edited by kazu

You likely can use it to hold a 'future cruise request'. In the past, if we wanted to book a particular cruise before it was available for booking, we would put a deposit to hold the cabin of our choice and the deposit would be applied as soon as the cruise was available for booking. They likely would do that for you with a FCD (FCC = Future Cruise Consultant).

Please let us know what they tell you.

If I'm not mistaken, the FCC has to be applied to a cruise (cruise booked) prior to expiration but the cruise does not have to be taken before expiration.

I think the problem is the cruise they want to use it for is not yet available for booking.

Thanks Everyone. I will call tomorrow.

Sail you understood completely. Thanks for the information. It would be wonderful to be able to reserve now. :D

We will be taking this cruise for our 50th wedding anniversary. We wanted to do something very different but didn't want to have to fly long distances. California to Boston is a lot shorter than San Francisco to Sydney which is what we had booked with Princess. Excited to come back to HAL for this special occasion.

I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers, Denise

You likely can use it to hold a 'future cruise request'. In the past, if we wanted to book a particular cruise before it was available for booking, we would put a deposit to hold the cabin of our choice and the deposit would be applied as soon as the cruise was available for booking. They likely would do that for you with a FCD (FCC = Future Cruise Consultant).

Please let us know what they tell you.

I always thought FCC stood for Future Cruise Certificate

Thanks Everyone. I will call tomorrow.

Sail you understood completely. Thanks for the information. It would be wonderful to be able to reserve now. :D

We will be taking this cruise for our 50th wedding anniversary. We wanted to do something very different but didn't want to have to fly long distances. California to Boston is a lot shorter than San Francisco to Sydney which is what we had booked with Princess. Excited to come back to HAL for this special occasion.

I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers, Denise

What a wonderful cruise to Celebrate such a Milestone Anniversary. I won't say congratulations, just yet. :)

That cruise is very popular and as you know only offered once a year.

I think they may let you put your FCD down now to hold the cabin of your choice/or guarantee of your choice.

Please do let us know. :)

We have an old FCC that will expire in January 2015. We want to book the Voyage of the Vikings for 2016. Will HAL extend the FCC until the date of that voyage is announced?

Thanks, Denise

I call and find out. this has probably been answered already.

I called Seattle and at first was told they could apply my FCD right now to the Voyage of the Vikings 2016 cruise. I received a Confirmation number.

The rep then called back within two minutes to say, he wasn't able to apply the FCD to the cruise. He did say that he would make sure it was noted that we would be able to use the credit when the VOV sailing was announced. He also said we would receive an email to let us know the booking was available. this works for us.

I was very pleased with the Customer Service I received.

Thanks for all of your input. Looking forward to sailing with HAL again!

Cheers, Denise