2 excursions in one port?

Jhondy210

Is it doable to do 2 excursions in one port? In February, my husband and I will be on the Independence of the Sea. At Grand Cayman, we want to do SeaTrek at 8:30am. On line it says the excursion is one hour long. My husband also wants to do SCUBA diving in Grand Cayman at 11:00. I'm thinking we should have more than enough time to fit both those excursions in but I'm wondering if I'm missing something?

We also can't do either excursion at any of the other places we are going. We really want to do one excursion together at Grand Cayman and my Husband wants to go SCUBA diving. We can't do SCUBA diving together cause I can't swim.

So, do you think we will be able to fit both excursions in? I just don't want to book them both and have my husband miss the SCUBA diving or us waste money.

It can be done.

Book it thru the same company whether it is thru the cruise line or the same independent provider, this way they will no if it is possible.

Enjoy

We are booking two excursions on Labadee.

Sea Ya

Both I booked through Royal Caribbean on their website. I figured I'd also ask guest relations on the first day of the cruise if this is viable. So, on the website when it says '1 hour' for duration that doesn't include any travel time?

Both I booked through Royal Caribbean on their website. I figured I'd also ask guest relations on the first day of the cruise if this is viable. So, on the website when it says '1 hour' for duration that doesn't include any travel time?

Yeah, it does not include travel time, or other possible delays; traffic, weather, waiting on people...........

Things sometimes do not go according to a timely fashion on the islands like we are used to..................

Jamaica............wow, I dont think they know what a schedule is....waited 45 min to get checked in for zip lining, then 40 min for a bus, then when we were done had to wait for a bus to come get us. ..........so our 3 hour tour lasted almost 5 hours.

Sea Ya

On my first cruise I tried to do two excursions in freeport. Well, the first excursion, through the cruise line, was with multiple ships and that caused a delay. Then there was traffic, and they gave us "extra" time to shop. I tried to get a taxi back to port, but those were taking too long.

Thankfully, my second excursion, also through the cruise line, was canceled due to weather and I got the money refunded, but I wasn't going to make it anyway. That was luck.

On paper, I had two hours between excursions and should have been able to make it with no problem, reality was very different.

I would not recommend booking two excursions in one port.

You will be fine. RC's website will not let you book tours that are too close together - the default time on their system is 1 hour between return from one tour and departure on the next. Tour durations listed are from departure from ship to return to ship.

Confirm with the shore excursions desk when you get on board if you like, but if the computer let you book it, it will work.

We have done two ship shore excursions with no problem.

Enjoy

Be careful to observe the correct amount of time in between seatrek and SCUBA. You can't be underwater at certain depths without a predefined amount of time in between each...

It is only 20-40 feet underwater for both. My husband doesn't have certification for SCUBA and the one in Grand Caymen is the only one that doesn't require certification. They will have a class before they go under, it sounds like. So, I believe that the time between each excursion shouldn't be an issue.