Drink package in Labadee

Koolaid33

I saw if you buy the RC drink package you can use it on your stop in Labadee. I was wondering how this has worked for ppl. Are there many bars? Are they near the beach? This might be my deciding factor if I should by the package or not. With only two days at sea I was wondering if I would get my money's worth.

My plan is to just hang out on the beach this day unless there is some we really need to do!!!

How is the roller coaster?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not really sure what you're deliberating about. Yes, the drink package is honored on Labadee. Are you worried that you won't be able to get conveniently boozed up enough that you might be better off staying on board?:confused:

I get the beverage package every cruise. Then I just do what I want. It's not about maximizing your etoh intake... It's about relaxing and enjoying the cruise without surprises.

I've never had a drink package on an RCI cruise, so I can't say anything about that, but there is a bar on Labadee and attendants walking around selling Labadoozies (yum!).

As for the roller coaster, I thought it was frightening and not in a fun, wild roller coaster kind of way. It is has a hand brake and they tell you not to hit each other while going down the hills. I wouldn't doubt that it's structurally sound, but by looking at it, you wouldn't think so! Also, if you decide to go, make sure your riding partner is someone you are close with because the person in the front basically sits in the other person's crotch. On the bright side, the views are beautiful!

That was back in January 2012, so things might have changed. I've been there since, but refuse to get on that thing!!!

Is there any good snorkeling off the beach in Labadee?? Where is the better beach to hang out on ??

Really not.

Some small fishies by the shore, but nothing great.

More or less a way to kill time, by swimming with the snorkel on.

Sea Ya

I saw if you buy the RC drink package you can use it on your stop in Labadee. I was wondering how this has worked for ppl. Are there many bars? Are they near the beach? This might be my deciding factor if I should by the package or not. With only two days at sea I was wondering if I would get my money's worth.

My plan is to just hang out on the beach this day unless there is some we really need to do!!!

How is the roller coaster?

Labadee is all beach so yes, the bars are near the beach. It is not a large area. There is not as big a selection as you can get on the ship, some only have labadoozies and beer. I got my moneys worth with the drink package, but I like frilly coffees and water along with the alcohol.

We had the drinks package and told the barman walking the beach that we liked the labadoozies but would need them in an ordinary glass. He poo-pooed that and kept us well supplied with them in the souvenir cups together with cold beers and soft drinks for the whole day.