Brief review of Caribbean Princess newly appointed CD, Paul Burns

tjwphoto

Just got off the Caribbean Princess and can happily announce to everyone that Paul Chandler Burns, the newest cruise director that started on our Oct 27th voyage, was a highlight to our cruise. An excellent move on Princess' part to move Burns to one of their more popular ships in need of an upgrade in the entertainment category. Not that I had a recent experience on the CB and Lee Childers, but I have not seen any positive reviews on him. So all of you that are eagerly anticipating a cruise on the Caribbean, you will be pleasantly surprised about Paul Chandler Burns!

Note: Burns was funnier in 3 sentences when he opened for the hired comedian, Cary Long (opinion based by Long's first night only, which did not earn my 2nd chance viewing a few nights later).

This is great news! I was on the CB in June and Lee was rather dull and never seen. Wierdo that I am, I love the early morning shows done with the CD and his were missing something. Hope he doesn't read these because I hate to hurt feelings.

Hopefully the new CD will inspire more fun for his staff and the entire cruise.

Glad you thought he was a good CD. Of course, being funny or a comedian has little to do with how good a manager he is as that's not his/her job. On the other hand, anyone still breathing would be better than Lee Childers. :)

Lee is still in that promo thing they show on the ship. That's the only place you can see him. ;) Paul does a good Wake Show, and the activities on the Star on my voyage were fun and ran smoothly. I really liked the guy, and I don't usually pay that much attention to the CD.

Lee is still in that promo thing they show on the ship. That's the only place you can see him. ;) Paul does a good Wake Show, and the activities on the Star on my voyage were fun and ran smoothly. I really liked the guy, and I don't usually pay that much attention to the CD.

I can second this... I made sure to watch the Wake Show. He and his assistant CD were hilarious. And there was more than enough to do on an 11-day cruise.

Thank you! You made my day! I am one that while I do not interact with a CD, I firmly believe that the CD is quite important. He can make or break a cruise IMHO. I was worried about Lee when I seen he is on the CB but figured it was only for 5 days.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Gosh, glad I didn't read reviews before our trip. We all thought Lee was very personable. He did the church service and Bible study and did a great job. We saw him around the ship with his very young son, and enjoyed the morning show. Other than Dave Cole teaching uke lessons, we seldom see much of the cruise directors.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Paul Burns was our CD in Alaska in 2000 or 2001 and he was very impressive and quite funny. I rarely post about a CD but I will say we thought Lee Childers was just fine when we sailed with him years ago, also in Alaska.

A CD does not make my cruise good or bad. They are all hard working during the months they are on board.

I was on the CB in early OCT. Childers was probably the worst CD I have seen in my 20 cruises. He appeared to do the absolute minimum and that even seemed to be an effort for him. CB is better off without him.

We were on early October as well..the 4th til the 18th, and we were always running into him. Must depend on what activities we and you were doing.

I was on the CB in early OCT. Childers was probably the worst CD I have seen in my 20 cruises. He appeared to do the absolute minimum and that even seemed to be an effort for him. CB is better off without him.
Edited by DMRick

I'm also glad to hear there's a new CD on the CB. We had Lee as our cruise director on our last four cruises--three on the Ruby and one on the CB. On the other hand, I obviously don't choose which cruise to take based on who the CD is. Although I was looking forward to having a new one on our last Ruby cruise, but Lee ended up staying in charge an extra week that time.