2 Hour disembarkation

cruizhalifax

"Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing. Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking. Itineraries are subject to change at any time without notice."

So any shore time listed on the site is cut by 4 hours?

Obviously you are quoting something you have read or received.

What port is it referencing or is this some general verbiage you are citing?

If it is a specific port we are familiar with, we might be better able to help you interpret this verbiage.

Its for the December 14th Breakaway sail to Bahamas and Florida.. When I log into the Norwegian site and I look at the Sail plans.. it says "Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing. Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking. Itineraries are subject to change at any time without notice."

Next to it.

Edited by cruizhalifax

"Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing. Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking. Itineraries are subject to change at any time without notice."

So any shore time listed on the site is cut by 4 hours?

Almost never. Usually you have to be back on board about 30 minutes before. There will be signs and announcements about the time for each port. That two hours is for your very first embarkation while at home port.

Although it can change because of weather or other reasons, the ship usually docks before the scheduled disembarkation time. Sometimes we have been able to disembark before the scheduled time.

Edited by drvalo

Almost never. Usually you have to be back on board about 30 minutes before. There will be signs and announcements about the time for each port. That two hours is for your very first embarkation while at home port.

Although it can change because of weather or other reasons, the ship usually docks before the scheduled disembarkation time. Sometimes we have been able to disembark before the schedule time.

Cool, thank you!

And before I go..

Any tips or tricks I should know about?

It'll be our first time sailing and we booked a Balcony BD.

Its for the December 14th Breakaway sail to Bahamas and Florida.. When I log into the Norwegian site and I look at the Sail plans.. it says "Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing. Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking. Itineraries are subject to change at any time without notice."

Next to it.

As the previous responder indicated and based on your last post, this would pertain to the start of your cruise and the end of your cruise.

On the intermediate port stops, you will disembark much sooner and usually have a half hour prior to leaving port to be back on the ship.

And before I go..

This forum is full of tips and tricks. You really have to read through them. I have never been on the Breakaway so I don't know ship specific tips, but generally bring a positive mindset, be flexible, and have fun. You're on vacation!!!! We really like the casual atmosphere. My DH would never wear a suit/tie on vacation. We like the people we meet and we enjoy the variety of freestyle cruising.

If you have specific questions, I am sure someone here will be able to answer, although sometimes you might get conflicting answers, LOL.

Have fun!

Cool, thank you!

And before I go..

Best tip I can give you for your first cruise, especially on one of the larger ships, don't try to do everything that is available. It's not possible.

Relax, enjoy and don't sweat the small stuff that so many people whine about on here.

My tip:

Make sure you have proper documentation with you when you get off in port. NCL will only scan your ship card when you get off, they do not check that you have the required documentation to get back through the port gates to get back on the ship. The port info should be available on your in-cabin TV.

This happened to us on our first cruise: delayed embarkation, late sailaway, hungry due to no lunch, tired due to very early flight, we ate and went to bed. Got up the next morning, ship was docked, we got off. We didn't know we needed anything other than the ship card. Luckily I had a photocopy of my passport and they let me through, hubby had only his ship card and they let him through with me. Embarrassing to say the least :o :o

Obviously you are quoting something you have read or received.

What port is it referencing or is this some general verbiage you are citing?

If it is a specific port we are familiar with, we might be better able to help you interpret this verbiage.

It's on NCL's website and it's so poorly worded that this question arises all the time.

Edited by njhorseman

Cool, thank you!

And before I go..

Yes.

Read up a little.

Learn the difference between embarkation and disembarkation before you ask a question.