Hotel in Copenhagen

hendey47

I think Princess uses the Marriott in Copenhagen. It's one of the more expensive and you'll pay a premium. I stayed at the Hotel Bethel in September. Very reasonable, great location on Nyhavn with the canal tours and HOHO bus either across the street or a 2-minute walk. Lots of restaurants right there. It's not luxurious but is clean, comfortable, and includes breakfast and free WiFi. I'd book it again over the Princess hotel. http://www.hotel-bethel.dk/index.php/en/the-hotel

I think Princess uses the Marriott in Copenhagen. It's one of the more expensive and you'll pay a premium. I stayed at the Hotel Bethel in September. Very reasonable, great location on Nyhavn with the canal tours and HOHO bus either across the street or a 2-minute walk. Lots of restaurants right there. It's not luxurious but is clean, comfortable, and includes breakfast and free WiFi. I'd book it again over the Princess hotel. http://www.hotel-bethel.dk/index.php/en/the-hotel

Hi Pam,

What mode of transportation did you use between the airport-hotel-ship or visa versa?

What mode of transportation did you use between the airport-hotel-ship or visa versa?
I just grabbed a cab at the airport to the hotel. It was about $45. Several of us on the roll call were staying at the hotel and three of us shared a cab to the ship for about $20 each.

Eight of us on the roll call staying at the hotel met for drinks and dinner the night before the cruise which made it fun. Nice to meet and get to know other people before boarding the ship. Be sure to join your roll call as chances are, there'll be several staying at the Bethel.

The hotel is on the corner where the bridge crosses the canal. I walked to the center of the bridge for this photo. You can see how close the canal boats are on the left and the restaurants on the right. You don't need to take a cab other than to the hotel and then to the ship. I was able to do both the canal tour and HOHO in one day because I was right there and could go from one to the other in seconds.

2fb0d049f631b61d763330de497cbe8a.jpg

Thanks Pam for the information. I have been to Copenhagen twice in the past (years ago) and used a Princess pre-cruise package, but looking at DIY options for future travels. That hotel sounds perfect. I like the walkability of the town and remember in the "old" days when the ships were a little smaller, you would board near the ferries by the mermaid.

I am familar with roll call as I used it with this year's cruise and as a solo traveler it was neat to meet a great group of individuals with the same interest to hang out.:)

Our Princess hotel was the Radisson Blu just north of the Tivoli. Adjacent to the main bus terminal and has a tourist agency next door where you can buy a Copenhagen Card (includes rail/bus/canal boat transportation and Tivoli entry). We did have transportation to the pier it wasn't leaving until nearly 2 PM, so we just took the train up there and had them move the luggage.

Interesting hotel - kind of like being inside an IKEA cabinet. Solid white walls and corridors. Room was small - maybe 12" larger than the bed. Had to stack what luggage would fit in the closet. Makes a dorm room look like a luxury suite. Tiny elevator. But nice folks and very clean. Not cheap - around $400/night including transfers.

Princess used the Hotel Skt. Petri on Krystalgade street during my 2011 cruise.

Of course, they could have changed since then.

It is 2 blocks from the Round Tower (you can see it from the hotel entrance).

Princess staff were on hand when we arrived and tickets for Tivoli were available for purchase.

The hotel had a very good breakfast buffet (included). Copenhagen is a great city with lots to see, but food is very expensive, so free breakfast is a great perk.

If I remember correctly, Princess offered another (more expensive) hotel near the Tivoli Gardens.

Have a great cruise.

Another vote for the Hotel Bethel. We stayed a few nights at this hotel prior to a Baltics cruise. The hotel had a local ambiance and had clean rooms, was in a safe area and was close to walking, restaurants and shopping areas. Room location can be important if you are a light sleeper. We were in a room with a window open to the Nyhavn bars and music could be heard across the canal until perhaps 2-3am. Unfortunately, it was too warm to close the window...

After the cruise, we stayed one night in the Copenhagen Marriott. This was more expensive and, frankly, looked like any room in a US hotel serving a business clientele.

Bob

Airport Hilton is very convenient for one night's stay post cruise as you can easily get back and forth on the train--BUT it is very pricey.

We were both sick post cruise and had dinner at the hotel: two beers, a hamburger and a club sandwich was $80!

My daughter and her husband stayed at the Copenhagen Admiral Hotel. It was right on the waterfront. They could see the cruiseships from the hotel. They loved the hotel and the location. They could walk to lots of places. They took a cab from the airport and to the port. It gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Not what Princess uses,but when we did our Baltic cruise we stayed at The Best Western hotel City in the Nyhavn area.(we enjoyed the hotel & the location)

Post cruise we stayed at the Hilton connected to the airport and the train station.(so conv.)

We took a cab to our initial hotel,walked around the area, stayed the night,took a cab a short distance to the ship about 11am and then after the cruise at the port took a cab to the airport hotel.

We purchased a discount pass(Copenhagen Card) at the airport near the baggage claim and took the train to Tivoli,museums,etc.

Next morning walked over to the airport,so easy.

Edited by arizonaperson

We stayed at the Marriott and liked it very much. You can get it cheaper than from Princess by booking directly on the chain's web site. It is very nice and a reasonable walk (or very short bus ride) to Tivoli, the main train station and many other attractions in the city.

Another vote for Admiral Hotel. Close to the canal, down the street from the palace. Great rates, historic building, breakfast included, can walk to many restaurants.

While it was many moons ago, I stayed at the Admiral Hotel and LOVED it! Would stay here again in a heart beat.

Airport Hilton is very convenient for one night's stay post cruise as you can easily get back and forth on the train--BUT it is very pricey.

We were both sick post cruise and had dinner at the hotel: two beers, a hamburger and a club sandwich was $80!

Agree, very pricey. I think the only thing the Airport Hilton has going for itself is location. We were also there for one night, post cruise, because we had a very early morning flight the next day. We thought the bed was hard and the room was uncomfortably warm (we had a sunset facing room).

Pre-cruise, we stayed at a boutique style hotel called Andersen Hotel, based on Tripadvisor reviews. It is very close to the central train station and was reasonable by Copenhagen price standards. Rooms and baths were small, but we were just there for one night so it was fine.