Guaranteed cabin

lil2queenie

Hello has any fellow cruiser had a guaranteed cabin category Neptune suite. I paid $800. instead of $1600 for a a upsell. The cruise is Baltic for 12 days. What was Your experience PLEASE, and is this a reasonable price? I really need advice on this one; any information on Your experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank You for Your input.

Yes, we've bought a Neptune Suite Guarantee before -- not as a paid upgrade, but during our original purchase.

We got assigned to SA 7068 by the elevator, which was a great mid-ship location.

The worst you can get is any one of the Neptune Suites - so don't think you can go wrong as they all include access to the Neptune Lounge, a Gold-Colored boarding card with priority boarding and tenders, breakfast in the PG, and other benefits.

As to price, it's all over the board - so if you considered it a good deal when you bought it, enjoy!

The only danger, being in a Neptune Suite is like flying in first class - it's hard to go back to coach.

We have also purchased a Suite GTY twice now, although not as an upgrade. Agree, the worst you can get is a Suite. Real serious problem.

Whether or not it is worth it is a judgment only you can make. The more serious problem is how you cope with Suite Addiction.

$800 per person for a 12 day neptune suite? That's a great deal! I only keep track of holiday caribbean, summer alaska, and certain other routes and let me tell you: $800 for 12 days is fantastic!

Since it is a GTY cabin you might not end up in the best spot..but all neptune suits are in primo location anyway so it should hardly matter!

My next cruise is a 14 day one to caribbean and only in VF grade, for $1800PP. You definitely got a deal for yours!

Edited by MaxThrusters

Sounds like a good deal to me as well for a Baltic cruise. Which ship?

The only risk you have is ending up in an HC suite, but those are normally booked. Other than that, I can't think of a bad Neptune Suite on a ship:D

Hi max Thrusters; better to explain I paid for a superior veranda suite ($7,000. or so); now, I have a guaranteed Neptune suite for $ 800 more for two people 12 day baltic cruise. Did not want You to feel badly; total will probably be around $8800 with taxes port fees. or so. I really do not know if that is a bargain???. I do like the extra space and perks very much!

Hi max Thrusters; better to explain I paid for a superior veranda suite ($7,000. or so); now, I have a guaranteed Neptune suite for $ 800 more for two people 12 day baltic cruise. Did not want You to feel badly; total will probably be around $8800 with taxes port fees. or so. I really do not know if that is a bargain???. I do like the extra space and perks very much!

Ohh! Well that makes much more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

It still seems like a good deal: an extra 10% for a Neptune suite from a Signature suite. Let us all know how it goes please

Sounds like a good deal to me as well for a Baltic cruise. Which ship?

The only risk you have is ending up in an HC suite, but those are normally booked. Other than that, I can't think of a bad Neptune Suite on a ship:D

Not necessarily. I ended up with one. We were not happy cruisers on that one. It was the Nieuw Amsterdam. HC and next to the elevators.

Terri

Terri, that must have not been a comfortable room! Did You know before sailing? Did they try to get You another room? any photos?

I knew 10 days before sailing. I tried as did my TA to change the room. HAL would not budge, telling me I received an upgrade and that I booked a guarantee.

My TA was surprised because she said that the HC rooms are usually the first to go and no one ever thought to check. Well, we endured it for 24 days. The bathroom has only one low sink, the shower and the toilet are in the same area with no curtain between them rendering the shower useless and I cannot figure for the life of me how a handicapped person would ever get into the tub with the very high sides, it was hard enough for us. Also, the ramps were not the most user friendly to us. And last but not least, we were next to the glass elevator.

Anyway, I learned my lesson and it was the last guarantee I booked. Well, almost. We are doing a partial Grand voyage on the Prinsendam, which does not permit you to choose a cabin, but picked a verandah category that does not have any HC cabins and all the HCs above that category are taken. So we are safe.

I don't have photos, sorry.

Terri

Photo's can be found at Halfacts here... 7057 Nieuw Amsterdam HC

http://halfacts.com/7057-nieuw%20amsterdam-hc/

That was the exact cabin we occupied for 24 days.

While the poster said the sink is not lower, I will tell you that it most certainly is. My 6 foot husband was really unhappy with this set-up. It may be too high for a person in a wheelchair, but it was too low for an able-bodied person standing at a sink, especially a tall one. And don't get me started about the shower-toilet combo.

Whoever designed that HC cabin needs to go back to Architect school.

Terri