Bringing your own alcohol on board Celebrity Eclipse?

BlondieAP

Is this possible? I only want to bring a bottle of my favourite whisky (which they do not offer on board).

How strictly do they police this?

Thanks

OP Please put on your flame retardant suit. You are about to get incinerated!:eek:

I just love munching on popcorn while sitting by the bonfire.

Edited by DirtyDawg

Enforcement of liquors is pretty strict. I even had them once try to take my bloody mary mix (no alcohol in it) away, I had to have them bring a supervisor to confirm no alcohol was in it.

There are lots of ways to smuggle aboard though, so do some google search for ideas if it's really that important to you, but expect to lose it and be surprised if it makes it.

They DO allow 2 bottles of wine per cabin (not per person) however.

I say just enjoy some of the brands on board, it's a great chance to try some new ones without buying the whole bottle at home.

Is this possible? I only want to bring a bottle of my favourite whisky (which they do not offer on board).

Thanks

Depends. We cruise out of Cape Liberty a lot and they police it there. As a matter of fact they have a sign before you even walk into the terminal that liquor will be confiscated and not returned. If you want to chance it go ahead.

I bring water on board and they always check to make sure the bottles are factory sealed and not tampered with.

On our recent cruise from Southampton on Eclipse we took our 2 bottles of wine on in our hand luggage together with a few other bottles of various non alcoholic delights for my wife (all of which we reckon would look like wine or spirits on a scanner) - bag went through the scanner without anyone querying what the various bottles were. You can take as much non alcoholic stuff on board as you like.

Check to see if your favourite tipple is available as part of the cabin bar set up. Whilst not cheap it is MUCH cheaper than ordering the equivalent from a ship bar - overall we felt the cabin bar not bad value.

Thanks

Ya got a 50/50 chance of it not making it thru. So it just depends on how much it cost and if you dont mind knowing it went down the drain if found.

your penalty - two minutes of embarrassment. :o

And the pain of having your vacation disrupted to be called to the naughty room... Open your suitcase... Have them confiscate the booze... And worse yet, perhaps throw it down the drain (or at least into a big barrel) in front of you.

A bottle of booze can cost a fair amount of money... Something I am not so quick to "volunteer" to be thrown out

Celebrity Alcohol Policy is pretty generous IMO... Considering you can bring on 2 standard bottles of wine per cabin... And they have such an assortment of Bevvy PKgs... The Alcohol ones (Classic & Premium) which cover sooo many items / choices both on the Alcohol & Non Alcohol side. I truly believe that most Cruisers who drink just 2 or 3 alcohol drinks a day could break even (lol, drink more... Come out further ahead)

I encourage you to do the math on the Bevvy Pkgs...

IMO far better value than a Bar Set Up (@ $ 80+ per bottle) or pay as you go if you truly are a drinker

I'd rather spend the money you are thinking on a "smuggled bottle" on a legitimate option... Cause in the long run it will probably prove out to be a better value when all is said & done

Cheers!

Thanks

The ship we're going on does not stock my brand of preference. Is the only penalty for getting caught smuggling confiscation?

Both of ya'll call Celebrity and ask what the charge would be for you to carry on since it is not a standard stock liquor.

A bottle of booze can cost a fair amount of money... Something I am not so quick to "volunteer" to be thrown out

Cheers!

Booze is pretty cheap when purchased in the US. Nothing like our Canadian prices. :eek:

The OP mentioned that what he likes to drink is not available on the ship.

Therefore, he should study the methods shown by others.

Until our first Celebrity Cruise with an included Bevy package we ALWAYS carried stuff on with us and never once went to the 'Naughty' room.

Rum-runners are great but there are other methods too....

Depending on the length of cruise I use different methods to smuggle alcohol on board.

If it is a short cruise I use a cane that I made with two sections in it. That allows me to take 2 different types if I want.

If it so a longer cruise I have a walker that holds about 4 bottles of alcohol in the tubes.

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻

Where are these many posts asking about rule breaking? must have missed them.

Read the dress code threads where people want to go to MDR on formal night without formal wear, as an example :D

Or the threads where people want to bring irons or steamers, or knitting needles or craft scissors...

Frankly I could care less about people discussing ways around rules. That's partly why internet forums exist, to discuss inside knowledge.

I'm never going to believe ANYONE who claims to NEVER have broken ANY sort of rule EVER in their life. I'm certain such folks have at some point crossed a street with the don't cross light blinking, or gone 36 MPH in a 35MPH zone while driving.

I've gotten bashed on these forums for discussing ways around rules, while at other times being quite firm in my belief that other rules should be followed. It's not always BLACK and WHITE, there are degrees of appropriateness I guess I'd say.

Read the dress code threads where people want to go to MDR on formal night without formal wear, as an example :D

Or the threads where people want to bring irons or steamers, or knitting needles or craft scissors...

Or bringing kids into the adult pool area.;)

Depending on the length of cruise I use different methods to smuggle alcohol on board.

If it is a short cruise I use a cane that I made with two sections in it. That allows me to take 2 different types if I want.

If it so a longer cruise I have a walker that holds about 4 bottles of alcohol in the tubes.

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻

Is your real name James Bond???

:cool:

Frankly I could care less about people discussing ways around rules. That's partly why internet forums exist, to discuss inside knowledge.

I'm never going to believe ANYONE who claims to NEVER have broken ANY sort of rule EVER in their life. I'm certain such folks have at some point crossed a street with the don't cross light blinking, or gone 36 MPH in a 35MPH zone while driving.

I've gotten bashed on these forums for discussing ways around rules, while at other times being quite firm in my belief that other rules should be followed. It's not always BLACK and WHITE, there are degrees of appropriateness I guess I'd say.

Cheers to you Sir!

Gosh - people can be bitchy!!! My answer is to give it a try - if they take it away then you can get it back after the cruise. Every single cruise we have sailed, we have brought on a bottle of Southern Comfort, Vodka, and several bottles of wine (and at time 2 boxes of wine) and have never had anything taken away. We consume it on our balcony and we always sail 2 week itineraries. I wrap them in bubble wrap and place them right in the middle of the suitcases - never have the bottles been broken, nothing has leaked, or been taken away. Good luck.

p.s. now with the free drink package we don't both any more.