Beverage packages?

Granny pants

If I have the Ultimate Drink Package and order a drink costing $12 do I just pay the difference?

Thanks

No. You pay $12.00.
As Working 2 Cruise stated, you pay the full cost of any drink over $10.00. Fortunately, even with the latest price increases, there are few drinks that cost more than $10.00. There are maybe a couple of bellinis at Bellini's on the Royal and Regal, a few wines by the glass at Vines and maybe a Scotch or two. No doubles are included because no shot is under $5.00.

I thought I read someone's review and they mentioned this, but I might be confused. Is there a soda package that includes free mocktails and milkshakes?

Yes. It is called Unlimited Soda & More Package.

You can read about it at http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp near the bottom of the page. No need to purchase in advance. Same price on the ship.

Milkshakes are not available on with the Royal or the Regal with the Unlimited Soda and more package.

I don't know why.

With the Beverage Package - I like Sparkling Water with my dinner - will I be able to get the large bottle or only the small ones?

Large bottles are allowed (but not to be shared with people who do not have the package).

I've been wondering about sparkling water. That's pretty much all I drink at home, so when I travel I usually order it and then buy some for my hotel at night.

This is my first Princess cruise. What package should I buy if I want to drink Sparkling Water at meals and in the evenings? I guess one thing I'm wondering is how much do bottles or cans of sparkling water cost if I don't have the package? That might help me decide whether to buy the package.

ETA: We're flying to Rome and departing from there, so I don't know where I could buy some to bring on board, although that thought has occurred to me.

Thanks.

Edited by Cruisinwithagoodbook

I've read here that bottles of wine can be bought by one with

the package, and then shared.

How is what can be shared decided?

Because you have to pay for the bottles of wine (at a discount, but they still make money off the sale, assuming that the prices are marked up 3 or 400%). The bottles of water are included for no extra charge.

This is my first Princess cruise. What package should I buy if I want to drink Sparkling Water at meals and in the evenings? I guess one thing I'm wondering is how much do bottles or cans of sparkling water cost if I don't have the package? That might help me decide whether to buy the package.

Only the $56/day (with tip) packager would include bottles of sparkling H20.

Most likely better off just buying the H20 when you want to consume it.

An 11oz Perrier is about $3.05 with tip.

Milkshakes are not available on with the Royal or the Regal with the Unlimited Soda and more package.

I don't know why.

Because they do not make milkshakes anywhere on those two ships, thus no place to get them.

Having read all through this thread now I feeling very confused. It would appear each ship has it's own variations.

What I'm looking for is a package that would include milkshakes/malts, hot chocolate, cranberry juice, and possibly bottled water. The last item is not that important.

I will be on the Diamond in May/June and on the Emerald in October.

Can someone clarify which package might work (or not)?

Thanks.

Having read all through this thread now I feeling very confused. It would appear each ship has it's own variations.

What I'm looking for is a package that would include milkshakes/malts, hot chocolate, cranberry juice, and possibly bottled water. The last item is not that important.

I will be on the Diamond in May/June and on the Emerald in October.

Can someone clarify which package might work (or not)?

Thanks.

It is called Unlimited Soda & More Package.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

No need to purchase in advance. Same price on the ship.

You can't get bottled water with the package but the ships water is as good as, if not better than bottled water. Or you can buy it separately.

Edited by paddingtonbear

I don't know why.

Because they do not make milkshakes anywhere on those two ships, thus no place to get them.

I would have thought it was pretty basic for any kitchen to have a milkshake maker.

I am very disappointed that the Royal doesn't have milkshakes.

It is one of the things I would buy the package for as I don't drink soda or lots of alcohol and I'm allergic to most fruit drinks. But, I am prepared to sacrifice a lot to find the best mocktail that I can drink. :)

Because you have to pay for the bottles of wine (at a discount, but they still make money off the sale, assuming that the prices are marked up 3 or 400%). The bottles of water are included for no extra charge.

Curious. Is this documented anywhere on the princess web site?

Or, is it CRUISE CRITIC fokelore?

Yes and yes.

The AI package is approx $56 per day PP.

Anything charged to your onboard account will use up your OBC.

Thanks

Can anyone point me in the direction of a bar and wine price list for Emerald as I need to see what drinks would be included in package. Is champagne included.

Curious. Is this documented anywhere on the princess web site?

Or, is it CRUISE CRITIC fokelore?

It is not documented on the web site. As far as I know, they don't say anything about sharing. So, yes, if your world is divided into rules stated on the Princess website and "fokelore", then this is "fokelore".

Where are you going with this?

Thanks

Can anyone point me in the direction of a bar and wine price list for Emerald as I need to see what drinks would be included in package. Is champagne included.

Glasses of champagne are included if $10 or under, Vines has it by the glass, also Korbel split is $8 a bottle at most bars.

If you search " Princess Beverage Package Evaluator" rev0 posted 5-7-2014.xls" by Kelly94942 there is an excellent spread sheet with prices. Some of the prices have gone up a little.

Tried to copy , but couldn't figure out how

Thanks

Check out this spread sheet, add about $1 for price increases.......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&highlight=all+inclusive