Specialty Dining Annoyance

We bought the Izumi buffet special on Grandeur. It included the Izumi buffet as well as a visit to Chops Grill and Giovannis.

Now the annoying part, they charged us on day one for Chops and Giovannis, and never sent reminders! Talk about money grab! We did get a reminder for Izumis and they delayed charging until the meal.

We bought the Izumi buffet special on Grandeur. It included the Izumi buffet as well as a visit to Chops Grill and Giovannis.

Now the annoying part, they charged us on day one for Chops and Giovannis, and never sent reminders! Talk about money grab! We did get a reminder for Izumis and they delayed charging until the meal.

OK so whats your beef about, that they charged you for the meals before you went????? Edited by Thetrail

Seriously?

A charge was added to your onboard account on day one of your cruise for two specialty restaurants. That is terrible.

Why didn't you rush to guest services to get these charges delayed a few days?

Oh, wait, you don't pay these charges until the end of the cruise.

We book the specialty restaurants months before the cruise (and pay in advance).

We haven't gotten reminders sent to our suite in years.

Not a big deal!

A simple phone call to the restaurant confirms our reservation.

Does that mean you missed your reservation for Chops and Giovanni's because you didn't get a reminder or are you upset that you got charged pre-dining? Usually dinnertime, we ask so where are we eating tonight which prompts us to check reservations and such.

We usually purchase ours before we board so in essence we are charged before we eat -- it's easy to reverse the charges.

Edited by nednrom

I am a bit confused. Did you book before the cruise? If so, it was on your cruise planner. I usually print it out before boarding so I know where I have to be. If you booked on the cruise couldn't someone remember you booked several specialty restaurants. You say they charged you day one for two of the restaurants, don't you mean they added it to your onboard charges to be paid at the end of the cruise? What is the difference between adding it when you boarded and adding it the day you eat there? You don't have to physically give anyone money. I think you are upset because you forgot what you booked. I have booked several specialty restaurants and don't get reminders. Do you get a call from a land based restaurant reminding you of your reservation? It the same with cruise ships.

It's annoying not to get the reminders. However, even if the charges are added at the time you booked you don't pay for it until the end of the cruise when you reconcile with your credit card so it's probably not a big deal.

Unless... you missed the dinners because of the lack or reminders. That would have been sad.

Tom

Izumi delays charging because the menu is a la carte. I'm not familiar with the buffet either, but when I've been to Izumi, there were options that were around the price of the cover charge, but there are many more choices that take you over the base fare.

As others have said, it doesn't matter when you were charged anyway, as it's on your seapass account which is settled at the end of the cruise.

it is your responsibility to remember when your make dining reservations.

They don't seem to have a problem sending reminders to go to jewelry sales, art auctions, booze specials, port promos, and other things. It wouldn't hurt to do a reminder (tickets maybe) for specialty dining especially given what it costs. They could also utilize the phone system and just leave a message saying:

"This is just to confirm your reservation tonight at x:xxp at restaurant..."

Tom

You mean people are expected to be RESPONSIBLE when on vacation??? :eek::p