Wondering why HAL is sending this survey???

Sam.Seattle

We at Holland America Line periodically like to check-in with our past and prospective guests to learn more about your cruise and travel intentions. This learning helps us in our future product and itinerary planning so we can serve you better. Please share your candid opinions with us, as your input will be invaluable in our planning and development process.

Please help us by completing this brief online survey via the link below. Your responses will be kept confidential and you will not be contacted as a result of how you respond to this survey. Because we are sending this to a very select group, we also ask that you do not forward this survey to others.

I thank you in advance for your support of Holland America Line, and we look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Please click here to take the survey.

Sincerely,

Stein Kruse

Stein Kruse

President & CEO

Holland America Line

I have received several of these over the years sometimes after cruises other times seemingly at random. They may be looking for specific reactions to changes they have made or are considering making. It may also have to do with quality control and perceptions of the level of service rendered, etc.

The survey we received a few weeks ago was all about the Baltic itineraries and I presumed the are considering dropping St Petersburg and some of the Eastern European ports.

It did appear like they were more interested in where we did not want to go vs. where we would want to go. No place on the survey to add ports.

Thanks....

The survey we received a few weeks ago was all about the Baltic itineraries and I presumed the are considering dropping St Petersburg and some of the Eastern European ports.

I find this interesting. Done the Baltics and some of the eastern ports. I have done St. Petersburg and found it one of the most facinating places I have ever visited. The history, palaces, museums etc. all spectacular (IMO). Is your thinking on this that HAL would consider dropping these port calls because of our now stale relations with Russia? Or is HAL possibly thinking pax don't want to go there?

bob

I didn't have time to do the survey when I received it. A week or so later I clicked on the link only to be told the survey was now closed.

Yep, they really, really welcome opinions - not:rolleyes:

They must be sending the survey out in batches. I just got mine yesterday, and completed it right away. It was fairly short. I think it took me a couple of minutes max.

I agree with others... the accompanying message from Kruse was pretty clear. They are interested in folks' future travel plans, and what, if anything, may be driving their decisions.

They must be sending the survey out in batches. I just got mine yesterday, and completed it right away. It was fairly short. I think it took me a couple of minutes max.

I agree with others... the accompanying message from Kruse was pretty clear. They are interested in folks' future travel plans, and what, if anything, may be driving their decisions.

I got one about a month ago, was sent in 2 parts one day after the other. Took about 30" each part. Asked about our vacations in the past 2 years, cruise, resort, personal/family. Then asked which cruiselines recently, and asked questions comparing HAL with those lines. Quite a comprehensive survey, I thought.

I got one about a month ago, was sent in 2 parts one day after the other. Took about 30" each part. Asked about our vacations in the past 2 years, cruise, resort, personal/family. Then asked which cruiselines recently, and asked questions comparing HAL with those lines. Quite a comprehensive survey, I thought.

Yes, I received that one as well.

This recent one was much shorter.

I find this interesting. Done the Baltics and some of the eastern ports. I have done St. Petersburg and found it one of the most facinating places I have ever visited. The history, palaces, museums etc. all spectacular (IMO). Is your thinking on this that HAL would consider dropping these port calls because of our now stale relations with Russia? Or is HAL possibly thinking pax don't want to go there?

bob

I can't remember the exact itineraries they were giving as options but they definitely omitted St Petersburg on some of them and I can only think it is because of the current relations with Russia.

I didn't have time to do the survey when I received it. A week or so later I clicked on the link only to be told the survey was now closed.

Yep, they really, really welcome opinions - not:rolleyes:

Yep, we've had that happen several times. Guess your not suppose to unpack, get back to your daily lives and then fill it out, just drop everything and do it post haste.:rolleyes:

The one I got was maybe 6 questions. It also asked about travel concerns (political unrest, Ebola, job and economic instability, terrorism) and how much they play into the decision. And when one thinks they will book....

The ports it requested rating were all embarkation or disembarkation ports.

Personally, that would not make as much difference to me in booking/choosing a cruise. (Although I would not choose to return to Buenas Aires on its own, I would do it in a heartbeat if it meant going around the horn or to antarctica again. I would do the cruise despite having to do BsAs.).

But on the other hand, a round trip San Diego cruise would be a real plus and could sell me a cruise. I can get on Amtrak from my home and almost end up on the ship if I tripped and rolled in the right direction getting off the train.

Edited by TiogaCruiser