Waiting for cabin assignment!

Cruisetini

Excited to sail a month from tomorrow. Booked an inside guarantee no room assigned yet. My husband has never experienced HAL. My line of choice. He prefers to stay home. Hoping for a nice cabin to celebrate our anniversary! Fingers and toes crossed

Excited to sail a month from tomorrow. Booked an inside guarantee no room assigned yet. My husband has never experienced HAL. My line of choice. He prefers to stay home. Hoping for a nice cabin to celebrate our anniversary! Fingers and toes crossed

Hope you get a nice cabin too! But you most likely won't your assignment for a couple more weeks. :)

We embark on Volendam a week tomorrow, November 16th and have heard nothing yet. We have previously always had our guarantee 10 days to a fortnight out, except for one time when we got it three months early.

Just hoping the upgrade fairy works on the "no news is good news" basis. I have found previously that they often come at weekend so here's hoping.

Angela

Several times with a "guarantee" booking I've received by cabin assignment as late as at the pier for check-in. Attendants at baggage check didn't have an assignment so I just left the cabin# blank on the baggage tags and the bags were delivered w/o issue.

Of those instances, only one was an unexpected upgrade and that was on Prinsendam. Seems HAL is especially stingy on upgrades for singles and rarely if ever upgrades from an inside to an outside but on that occasion that's exactly what happened.

So I think I agree with what others have said, the later you get your assignment the better the chance of a pleasant surprise.

Hoping the gaurantee or upsell fairy delivers good news again. We were very blessed on the last cruise. Guess we have 2 weeks or so to wait as cruise departs 12/7. I have read that the "fairy" sometimes strikes twice for the same people :). On a "milestone" Bday cruise for DW. Either way I plan on ensuring she has a great time!

For our upcoming cruise, we had an SC guarantee. Our sailing is not especially full over Thanksgiving.

About 4 weeks before our sailing date, I saw an aft wrap around suite (SB) was open. Since we had booked directly, I called HAL and asked what would be the cost of an upsell to that specific cabin. I received a complimentary upgrade over the phone to that specific cabin .

No more waiting to know which cabin!

It can never hurt to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For our upcoming cruise, we had an SC guarantee. Our sailing is not especially full over Thanksgiving.

About 4 weeks before our sailing date, I saw an aft wrap around suite (SB) was open. Since we had booked directly, I called HAL and asked what would be the cost of an upsell to that specific cabin. I received a complimentary upgrade over the phone to that specific cabin .

No more waiting to know which cabin!

It can never hurt to try.

How do you know when a particular suite is open? I can't tell from the website what has already been sold from our cruise.

Due to HAL's latest and lowest price drop, they may wait for guarantee assignments (and any upgrades) until the sale clears. We are sailing 11/24 (hi Toad) and upsell offers are still being sent out.

Hi Takeusaway! Checked again tonight! Still nothing.

Here's hoping we all are blessed with upgrades :-) I noticed on the HAL site the cabin prices are less money than we booked our cabin for. I am thrilled to just get on the ship.

Don't know how you booked, but it would not hurt to ask your TA/PCC if you can receive OBC/FCC/upgrade due to the pricing change. Worst they can do is say no :D.

In my experience, the department that assigns guarantees is not even given a particular ship until about 2 weeks prior to sailing to begin the process.. I'd expect to hear sometime in the 10-7 day prior period.. Happily, every guarantee I've had has been given a very nice upgrade.. Good Luck to you!

I followed a very similar post on the same subject a few weeks ago.

It seemed some people received their allocation quite late on, which I found disturbing as I didnt feel comfortable about flying halfway round the world still without any cabin number for reference.

However last Friday (7th) we had the notification, after checking the 'Print' baggage label first (as advised by so many on here), and there it finally was!

Note: It took a further 12 hours to make it to the 'Your reservations' web page, but by that time we'd already printed off the express docs and the Baggage Labels.

Maybe coincidence or not? but the info came through soon after the previous cruise had departed, so maybe thats when Seattle begin to look at those GTEE situations for the next cruise, and start allocating accordingly.

We were upgraded from VF to a VB. So needless to say, we're Very Happy with that.

Thank You Very Much, Holland America!

We booked a guaranteed room and as far as I can tell there are only 4 cabins with that class. I looked today and they seem to be no longer available and now just waiting to see what the cabin roulette offers me. It is still 5 weeks away until our cruise and so I know now I probably won't hear for a few more weeks but it is exciting and nerve racking at the same time. the price has dropped $100.00 per person since we booked so when I get a cabin assignment I may ask for some OBC at that time. Like you guys said, the answer is always no if you don't ask.