Waiting for cabin assignment!

Cruisetini

We just got our cabin assignment today 11/20 for our Eurodam cruise on 12/14.

We're still awaiting our cabin and we sail the day before you do. Our roll call has been relatively quiet since you jumped ship to the Eurodam. LOL

Edited by toledo_cruiser

I am not sure how the guarantee works. We did not book our cruise, which leaves on Dec. 8th, until about a month ago. However, we did book directly with HAL.

This was the first time I have ever decided to do a guarantee cabin, but I think this will be our new way of booking. We have been offered upsells before but have never been upgraded until this cruise.

We cruise 5th Dec on Oosterdam I booked guarantee cabin and this morning got an e-mail from HAL direct (I booked through an agent) of a completely obscured outside H cabin on deck 4 which sounds great - upgrade fairy thank you

It however is wheelchair access and I wonder if what I have heard is correct that because it is wheelchair access there is no hanging space or drawers??

Room 4089 Any knowledge anyone

Just wondering though why we were given a cabin that is connected to another? We didn't ask for adjoining cabins.

They have most likely been holding them in inventory in case someone did need them or perhaps there was a cancellation (?) I have not heard of any noise problems from the adjoining room for these.

There is no reasoning with the thought process of the upgrade fairy :D

Oh, I see. LOL. What's the difference between a VF and a VB? The verandah railing being see-through? I don't really like being on Deck 4 though. I was hoping for a higher level. Oh well.

Oh, I see. LOL. What's the difference between a VF and a VB? The verandah railing being see-through? I don't really like being on Deck 4 though. I was hoping for a higher level. Oh well.

Actually, the deck 4 VB cabins are pretty nice. I believe the verandas on the VBs on deck 4 are larger than the verandas on the Vs on deck 5, 6 and 7. Friends of ours had a deck 4 VB on our last cruise on Westerdam and were very happy with the cabin and veranda.

It seems like almost all of the VBs on deck 4 are connecting cabins.

Edited by jaguarstyper

Actually, the deck 4 VB cabins are pretty nice. I believe the verandas on the VBs on deck 4 are larger than the verandas on the Vs on deck 5, 6 and 7. Friends of ours had a deck 4 VB on our last cruise on Westerdam and were very happy with the cabin and veranda.

It seems like almost all of the VBs on deck 4 are connecting cabins.

Oh that sounds good. Thanks.

We booked a guarantee on the Maasdam for Dec. 12 and have not heard anything yet. Our assignment has never been a disappointment so I have my fingers and toes crossed. :D One time we didn't get the news until we were checking in and it was great news!