Summit - new 123 all inclusive promo -upgrading my cabin to C3 or A2-thoughts?

JohnBoy in NC

Hi X cruisers

I am booked for 2016 Summit sailing, can't wait to sail Celebrity for the first time! I have one of the sweet 16 Veranda 2C cabins, so I am happy with my cruise fare, location, and TA OBC ($175)...and the $200 Celebrity OBC I got instead of the classic drink package.

NOW my dilemma! The new 123 inclusive promo....

For $450 more total I can upgrade to C3 Concierge and get $525 total OBC (Celebrity and TA), classic drink package, and pre-paid grats. I think this works out good for me...now just to find a new cabin/location.

BUT For $650 more total I can get Aqua A2 cabin....is the extra $200 from a C3 to A2 really worth it? (Blue, Persian Gardens, and larger balcony - I think). I know folks like Blue, but since I haven't been on Celebrity yet I would hate to miss the MDR/food/experience. I know, I would have to sail again in lower cabin category one day - which I will happen I am sutre...but I wanted some input on what YOU would do - a C3 or A2 for the price

Thanks in advance!

John in NC

Hi X cruisers

I am booked for 2016 Summit sailing, can't wait to sail Celebrity for the first time! I have one of the sweet 16 Veranda 2C cabins, so I am happy with my cruise fare, location, and TA OBC ($175)...and the $200 Celebrity OBC I got instead of the classic drink package.

NOW my dilemma! The new 123 inclusive promo....

For $450 more total I can upgrade to C3 Concierge and get $525 total OBC (Celebrity and TA), classic drink package, and pre-paid grats. I think this works out good for me...now just to find a new cabin/location.

BUT For $650 more total I can get Aqua A2 cabin....is the extra $200 from a C3 to A2 really worth it? (Blue, Persian Gardens, and larger balcony - I think). I know folks like Blue, but since I haven't been on Celebrity yet I would hate to miss the MDR/food/experience. I know, I would have to sail again in lower cabin category one day - which I will happen I am sutre...but I wanted some input on what YOU would do - a C3 or A2 for the price

Thanks in advance!

John in NC

Dont leave out A1 they have newer rooms on deck 11. The rooms that a lot people like are the aft facing center rooms. They have larger decks. Food and bar (Waterfall Cafe and Sunset bar) are 1 deck down. With aft stairs right down to the Sunset Bar from deck 11.

Check out this thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1629443&highlight=1140

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling

The spa amenities are good Including Blu, spa, free water, lip gloss. However with the 123 there is no value in water. We like Blu a lot but we also like bigger balconies on Mclass. If there were no A1's on aft then consider a C1.

The spa is nicer on S class for amenities but if you are a spa person then you may like it. the T pool is free to everyone on M class, whereas some lines charge for it.

The choice for us would be...bigger balcony or Blu...tough choice if the A1's on the aft are gone.

We are going thru a similar dilemma for an upcoming Summit Cruise

Personally, I'd take any of the Sunset Aft C1s or A1s over a regular C1 or A1, or any of the other Aquas or Concierge Cabins on the ship (that is unless there is a lot of open water involved, bad weather... And someone is prone to seasickness / vertigo)

If the Sunset Aft C1s & A1s are all gone... Only then would look at alternatives... And I think my priority then would be to be Midship (so A2s or C2s)

We are currently looking at a Concierge C1 Sunset Aft, and an Aqua A2 on Deck 9 Midship... Right now the A2 is winning out cause the price on Aquas have come down a lot since we first booked this cruise over 6 months ago... With all the added perks of Aqua Class we see it as a better value, even if it does not have the HUGE Oversized Balcony that a Sunset C1 offers

Don't forget if you are a member of the RCCL's Crown & Anchor Society (Platinum or above) you can join Celebrity's Captain Club and get reciprocal Privleges... That means you get to take advantage of the one subcategory upgrade (pay for C3 get C2 / pay for A2 get A1) as well as the 50% Deposit *

But you have to ASK FOR THEM when you book

These perks apply with "a few conditions" (ie no Holiday Sailings, no C2s to C1s etc) so be sure to read the fine print regarding any cruise you are looking at booking

To join Celebrity's Captains Club as an RCCL Cruiser with "Privleges" go to RCCL Crown & Anchor web page for more info

hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

The Persain Gardens isn't worth upgrading for on the Summit or any M class. They are o where near what they are o the S class ships.

The new cabins on Deck 11 are made to look the same as those on deck 9. The aft cabins on deck 11 have the largest balconies in AQ and are the first to be booked so don't count on getting one.

Blu is a nice resturant and may be worth a upgrade for that only if you want a more intimate dining experience and seated, menu served breakfasts.

The balconies are not very big on the Summit. They aren't very deep. I think they are 4 ft x 9 Ft. The cabins are larger in CC and AQ than a regular balcony cabin.

If a large balcony is important then don't change.

Personally I would trade a larger balcony for the AQ benefits because a balcony is nice but you are not having a dance party on it. All I need is space enough for a chair to be able to relax on and the furniture is all the same on the Summit unless you have a suite and then it may be different.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I had the same dilemma. I actually had a "sweet 16" cabin, albeit, one with the column type bars that had a somewhat restricted view on deck 6. I hesitated at first but with the 123 promo, I ended up taking the A2 with the free upgrade to A1. By the time we figured what the drink package would cost and the $300 OBC, I think we did very well....probably broke even when I look at the numbers again. We've sailed X only once before on the Silhouette and was not that impressed with the Oceanview cafe. I realize the Persian Gardens won't be as nice on Summit as the S class ships but I'm really looking forward to eating in Blu and we don't have to worry about formal nights if we don't want to. Good luck in your decision.

thanks for all of the input! C2/C1 cabins are higher than A2 on my sailing. I will be platinum on Royal after my January 2015 cruise....so perhaps after that cruise I could "upgrade" if costs are the same if Celebrity allows?

Decisions Decisions....more reading/searching on the boards today! Very helpful information here and great folks....thanks again!

John in NC

I have two 2A verandas on Deck 7 with the Bermuda all-in promotion (pre-paid gratuities and drink package). If I upgrade to Concierge class, is this considered a "new booking" and eligible for the all-inclusive?

When I first considered this a day or so ago, I noticed that a certain TA was offering the all-inclusive promotion PLUS an extra ~$250 OBC. I considered just booking with them and cancelling the reservation I made directly with Celebrity, but I didn't jump on it fast enough.

I need to do the math, but it looks like the fare could be as little as $355 extra per stateroom. If we think we could spend $300 OBC, then it's really about $55 extra to be in Concierge class.

I'm not sure what difference we'd notice.

I have two 2A verandas on Deck 7 with the Bermuda all-in promotion (pre-paid gratuities and drink package). If I upgrade to Concierge class, is this considered a "new booking" and eligible for the all-inclusive?

When I first considered this a day or so ago, I noticed that a certain TA was offering the all-inclusive promotion PLUS an extra ~$250 OBC. I considered just booking with them and cancelling the reservation I made directly with Celebrity, but I didn't jump on it fast enough.

I need to do the math, but it looks like the fare could be as little as $355 extra per stateroom. If we think we could spend $300 OBC, then it's really about $55 extra to be in Concierge class.

I'm not sure what difference we'd notice.

YES... Going to a Concierge Cabin(s) would most certainly qualify.

Sounds like "the math" works in your favour

Wowzer about the TA additional OBC offer... Guessing you are saying you missed out because it has since ended.

Cheers!

YES... Going to a Concierge Cabin(s) would most certainly qualify.

Sounds like "the math" works in your favour

Wowzer about the TA additional OBC offer... Guessing you are saying you missed out because it has since ended.

Cheers!

Actually, I was mistaken on both fronts.

The promotion from the TA was still available, and I went ahead and booked two C2s without cancelling the veranda cabins I'm holding through Celebrity.

But the price difference is more than I thought because I had forgotten to subtract out the gratuities from my other booking.

So the price difference is almost exactly the amount of the OBC.

Which more or less means I've traded ~$560 in cash for ~$560 in OBC. Unless I know for sure I'm going to spend $500 per stateroom on board, that actually doesn't seem like a great deal, considering that people aren't that wowed by the perks of Concierge Class.

I think I'd come out ahead if I just budgeted $500 per stateroom to spend...most likely we wouldn't spend it! Particularly not with drinks and gratuities already paid for.

Now I'm debating going back and cancelling the C2s I just booked!:confused: