I need help with my Hotel choice!

I am down to two choices, the Oasis motel (160$) or The Hilton Marina( 259$) in Fort Lauderdale before my cruise. They are both close to the hotel and port, so it won't cost too much for transport. The Oasis has better reviews, but it is A LOT smaller with few accommodations. The Hilton has a huge pool with nice views, but with less good reviews. I need help... Thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am down to two choices, the Oasis motel (160$) or The Hilton Marina( 259$) in Fort Lauderdale before my cruise. They are both close to the hotel and port, so it won't cost too much for transport. The Oasis has better reviews, but it is A LOT smaller with few accommodations. The Hilton has a huge pool with nice views, but with less good reviews. I need help... Thank you :)

You say you need help. Are you asking for the members on this forum to tell you which hotel to choose?

The Hilton Marina is a palace compared to the Oasis, which is a basic 1-2 star mini-motel type place. I've seen awesome prices at Hilton Marina through hotwire and lastminutetravel. I spent time with friends last year at Hilton and I've eaten at Nanking there and I wouldn't worry about negative reviews. I doubt you'll find people on this board who've stayed at Oasis due to its size, but if you choose to stay there you should have dinner at Osteria Acqua & Farrina.

I wondering what they would choose if they were me. My flight arrives at 4:20 pm and I will only be staying for one night.

Being that you mentioned the huge pool and views at the Hilton, I wouldn't have guessed that you'll be arriving at the hotel just before dark.:) That is, if you are traveling before the clocks go forward. Even so, it might be nice to enjoy the grounds in the morning. On the other hand, if you stay at the Oasis, you can spend the morning enjoying a leisurely breakfast at IHOP or Starbucks.

Edited by royalcruz

Is THE Hilton Marina a walking distance to the CCL port?

It is right across the street, but it is a very long walk to the actual individual ship ports. You are not allowed to walk anyway. You must be in a vehicle to pass through the gates, where your ID is checked. It is only a 5 minute taxi/shuttle ride from the Hilton.

By FAR, the Hilton. What month are you going? We did not pay nearly that amount. Oh, and I agree with the other poster about the reviews. People love to complain, no matter what. The Hilton Marina is beautiful. We loved sitting outside at night at the bar with a couple of cocktails watching the sunset.

WOW! You really are comparing apples to oranges here. :o

To me it's simple. If you are trying to save money, then stay at the Oasis. A no amenities, basic older motel. If you want to start your vacation earlier, then I'd pick the Hilton which has the "I'm-on-vacation" amenitites that we would choose.

No right or wrong. Just what you are in the mood for.;)

OR Go lastminutetravel.com and call the number. The lmtclub ( which you can join for free) has the Hilton Marina available for $185. Cancellations possible.

Edited by eandj

WOW! You really are comparing apples to oranges here. :o

To me it's simple. If you are trying to save money, then stay at the Oasis. A no amenities, basic older motel. If you want to start your vacation earlier, then I'd pick the Hilton which has the "I'm-on-vacation" amenitites that we would choose.

No right or wrong. Just what you are in the mood for.;)

OR Go lastminutetravel.com and call the number. The lmtclub ( which you can join for free) has the Hilton Marina available for $185. Cancellations possible.

I only see it for 277$?!?

February 28th to March 1st

WOW. I just checked the prices for this date on Trip Advisor and was BLOWN away. This must be Spring Break or something because these prices are INSANE. We have NEVER paid even close to these amounts.

I looked on there website and it is 277$/ per person?

Ok, I double checked for you. For the night of Feb 28 the rate I see on lastminutetravel.com for the Hilton Marina is $204. * But if you call the customer service desk they will subtract about $10 for you.

I am a FREE member of the LMTCLUB. I automatically get lower rates when available. ( you can join for free too) My rate for that hotel is $185.19.

* If you aren't seeing the names of the hotels, the H Marina is the one that is 6.28 miles from the airport, 4 1/2 stars and 3 1/2 star trip advisor rating.

I'm not sure if you are on the international lmt site and that could be the difference in rates? Anyways if interested, I'd make a call and ask. I see rates going up slightly every day as we near winter.

Good luck!

Edited by eandj

Ok, I double checked for you. For the night of Feb 28 the rate I see on lastminutetravel.com for the Hilton Marina is $204. * But if you call the customer service desk they will subtract about $10 for you.

I am a FREE member of the LMTCLUB. I automatically get lower rates when available. ( you can join for free too) My rate for that hotel is $185.19.

* If you aren't seeing the names of the hotels, the H Marina is the one that is 6.28 miles from the airport, 4 1/2 stars and 3 1/2 star trip advisor rating.

I'm not sure if you are on the international lmt site and that could be the difference in rates? Anyways if interested, I'd make a call and ask. I see rates going up slightly every day as we near winter.

Good luck!

I tried to join, but they want to charge me 49.99$

I tried to join, but they want to charge me 49.99$

You will need a coupon code ....I found these two. One of them should work for you. If not I can hunt further.

HWN2014 or Clubinsider167

There are lots of people here who are "members". Know that none of us have ever been charged anything from the club. Even tho it says something about automatically signing up yearly. Doesn't happen. We have been members for 4 years. I have saved a ton over those years as we travel a lot. It's my go to spot for hotels. Altho sometimes with a hotel special or special discount with travelocity or expedia I can come close. I rarely use Priceline or Hotwire any longer, especially if it's important to be in a specific location. Let me know if either of these works.;)

You caught me on a good day...having a bad cold, makes for a relaxing no chore day.;)

Edited by eandj

It is right across the street, but it is a very long walk to the actual individual ship ports. You are not allowed to walk anyway. You must be in a vehicle to pass through the gates, where your ID is checked. It is only a 5 minute taxi/shuttle ride from the Hilton.
We have walked from our hotel to the port, most recently in August. You need to have your boarding pass and photo ID.

You will need a coupon code ....I found these two. One of them should work for you. If not I can hunt further.

HWN2014 or Clubinsider167

There are lots of people here who are "members". Know that none of us have ever been charged anything from the club. Even tho it says something about automatically signing up yearly. Doesn't happen. We have been members for 4 years. I have saved a ton over those years as we travel a lot. It's my go to spot for hotels. Altho sometimes with a hotel special or special discount with travelocity or expedia I can come close. I rarely use Priceline or Hotwire any longer, especially if it's important to be in a specific location. Let me know if either of these works.;)

You caught me on a good day...having a bad cold, makes for a relaxing no chore day.;)

Thanks, I will call when I have time, and will let you know :)

The first code worked! Thank you so much. There are so many hotels that are 50$ off or even 100$!!!! I'm so happy :P thanks again.

GREAT! Glad I could help. Have a great time. LMTCLUB let's you cancel up to 3 days prestay too. ☺ We have cancelled before and with a phone call had our credit in the next day or two.

The first code worked! Thank you so much. There are so many hotels that are 50$ off or even 100$!!!! I'm so happy :P thanks again.

Great! Welcome to the club! IMO the best hotels under $200 for your date on lmtclub are Hilton Marina and Crowne Plaza. Now you know why paying $160 for a tiny motel isn't a great choice.

Great! Welcome to the club! IMO the best hotels under $200 for your date on lmtclub are Hilton Marina and Crowne Plaza. Now you know why paying $160 for a tiny motel isn't a great choice.

I am about to book the at the Hilton (I have been very busy lately and I have not had time). I am thinking of booking a pool view room. Is that a good choice? Also, are there any coupons/promotions, so I can save more money? Thanks