Unbelievable prices!

dg33

My sister was seeing the same prices for CA Coastals for some dates in Feb 2015 last night...we jumped on the Feb 6th...4 day $90 for balcony....yippee

Wow! Something crazy must have been going on. The balcony price for the cruise is now 499.00. I can't imagine even a discount TA selling the cruise for $90.00.:eek::eek::eek:

Screen shot didn't come through so trying again... I also looked again and the prices are identical for the March 1st and 8th sailings. With the $50 OBC, for an inside you'd only pay the port charges.

1133923184_3_15_15Houston.jpg.5cd2ab862a607d928e431914a39e1209.jpg

Edited by azbirdmom

I can't figure out how to start a thread so I'm jumping on this one! My fiancé and I are getting married on the Royal Princess in December. We booked through a travel agent which a mistake because she isn't very knowledgeable (found her on the Princess website).

The existing promotion does say for new bookings only. I'm curious if there is any wiggle room with this? Has anyone had success having an existing reservation changed to a better promotion for new bookings only?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, I sure don't see that!

I actually didn't either until I followed the advice of a poster from a past post - the low prices appeared after I eliminated my temporary internet files and cookies. I'm also seeing these prices for the Houston cruises on February 1 & 15. Unfortunately no movement for the cruise we've already booked and we can't move it as we already have purchased our flights.

Edited by azbirdmom

Yes, that is the screen I saw last night and am still seeing. Well, I have the booking and received the customary welcome email today. Mistake or not, I'm thrilled! I'm sure it will be honored.

I actually didn't either until I followed the advice of a poster from a past post - the low prices appeared after I eliminated my temporary internet files and cookies. I'm also seeing these prices for the Houston cruises on February 1 & 15. Unfortunately no movement for the cruise we've already booked and we can't move it as we already have purchased our flights.

I did that but still don't see it. Can't go but was curious to see it.

Yes, that is the screen I saw last night and am still seeing. Well, I have the booking and received the customary welcome email today. Mistake or not, I'm thrilled! I'm sure it will be honored.
Good for you.:)

Too bad you can't scalp cruise tickets like concert tickets. :D

Tried that and still don't see it. Thanks for the help! Too bad because I would have booked it!

The Princess computers can do funny things. One day last week the room I was looking at was 699 for the week on the Regal and on the Princess site it was 1169. Within about five hours it had been corrected. I don't think many people jumped on that price!

Tried that and still don't see it. Thanks for the help! Too bad because I would have booked it!

Might be a dumb question but did you log in first? My DH didn't see it either at first but then the crazy low prices appeared when he signed in.

Might be a dumb question but did you log in first? My DH didn't see it either at first but then the crazy low prices appeared when he signed in.

Darn, got all excited there for a minute, signed in and still don't see it. :confused:

There are different ways to search for a cruise on the Princess web site. Maybe one particular method of searching is the key to finding the deals. Would one of you who have been successful in finding the deals share how you searched on the web site to find your deal?

I'm thinking it's a glitch as well. Tried a booking for the cheapest balcony available in March and came up with aprx $120pp deposit!

Non sure if it was a glitch if Princess has to honor it??

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.....:):):)

Bob

Could've been a glitch, like last year's airline sale, should be been $250 one way from east coast to west coast. Whoever posted the offer typed $25 by mistake. The airlines honored the price for those who got in before the mistake was caught.

I'm thinking it's a glitch as well. Tried a booking for the cheapest balcony available in March and came up with aprx $120pp deposit!

Non sure if it was a glitch if Princess has to honor it??

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.....:):):)

Bob

The DOT mandates all air carriers to honor glitches, mistake fares and typographical errors for flights beginning or ending in a United States airport. Hotels in the US are not required to honor them, however many do as goodwill.

I don't know where cruise lines stand on this.

Edited by Disconnections

There are different ways to search for a cruise on the Princess web site. Maybe one particular method of searching is the key to finding the deals. Would one of you who have been successful in finding the deals share how you searched on the web site to find your deal?

Sure! I logged on, went to Search Cruises, highlighted Feb + March 2015, then picked Emerald Princess from the ship dropdown. When the search results come back, I immediately see Interior staterooms from $50 and can click on View all Dates and Pricing to open up all of the dates. I tried it again just now and it still shows exactly the way it was a couple of hours ago on the last screen shot I posted. This was after I manually deleted all of my Princess temporary files.

I did actually look at what balcony staterooms are available for this promotion on March 29th and it seems to be all of the categories except for midship on Caribe deck and the very aft cabins that are defined as "deluxe". There appear to be very few cabins highlighted as sold on the deck plans.

Hope those of you who are in a position to cruise over those dates can find a way to get access to those prices!

Sure! I logged on, went to Search Cruises, highlighted Feb + March 2015, then picked Emerald Princess from the ship dropdown. When the search results come back, I immediately see Interior staterooms from $50 and can click on View all Dates and Pricing to open up all of the dates. I tried it again just now and it still shows exactly the way it was a couple of hours ago on the last screen shot I posted. This was after I manually deleted all of my Princess temporary files.

I did actually look at what balcony staterooms are available for this promotion on March 29th and it seems to be all of the categories except for midship on Caribe deck and the very aft cabins that are defined as "deluxe". There appear to be very few cabins highlighted as sold on the deck plans.

Hope those of you who are in a position to cruise over those dates can find a way to get access to those prices!

Thanks for the directions, but it still doesn’t work for me.

I see you’re from Scottsdale. Years ago I lived in Scottsdale, Tempe and Phoenix. I went to ASU. Go Devils!:cool:

Thanks for the directions, but it still doesn’t work for me.

I see you’re from Scottsdale. Years ago I lived in Scottsdale, Tempe and Phoenix. I went to ASU. Go Devils!:cool:

Sorry it's not working for you. I just checked and the fares have not changed for me. There are still 5 dates with those same low prices. I also looked at a March 3 day Coastal California cruise as was mentioned earlier in this thread and the first 3 categories priced exactly the same as the ones for the Houston cruise.

And yes, I love the desert. The Sun Devils and the Cardinals have both been doing well this year, so it's fund that folks around her have something to cheer about sports-wise.