Gem Renovations

pixiedustdawn

I will be on the Gem next Tuesday and then the Breakaway the end of the month. :)

Dawn....

FANTASTIC!!

I am on the GEM after your cruise (January 22nd!). :)

I booked the Breakaway for next January....I love the new itinerary and the 14 days. :)

Happy Cruising and have a GEM of a DAY! :)

Don

Thanks for that Marion. Is it official because that's been rumored for the last 8 months and he told me he wasn't sure he wanted to. I think they are doing anything they can to get the breakaway to the level the gem is at in regards to service and entertainment. Breakaway has yet to have an outstanding CD. So each experience on that ship has been ok not fantastic like the Gem. I had reached out to him via email and text but assume he is enjoying his vacation. So I left all alone for now. Heard his temporary replacement is boring. Breakaway needs a great CD to take over as New Yorks ship but until

Then gem will prevail. Lol

wasnt Julie the CD of the breakaway?

she got 'promoted' and is now CD of the Escape.

or do u mean Julie's replacement and that dan dan would be a welcomed replacement?

Yes Julie opens all the new ships. I assume she is good at that but as an entertainer she has quite the opportunity lol. And when I was on breakaway I. Sept oct the guy forgot his name was almost as morning as Julie. Dan Dan will certainly take breakaway to a new level. Exec chef from Gem was on there in sept oct as well. If Gem is ranked so high and breakaway isn't, and they're out of the same port same region, they must've put two and two together.

Yes Julie opens all the new ships. I assume she is good at that but as an entertainer she has quite the opportunity lol. And when I was on breakaway I. Sept oct the guy forgot his name was almost as morning as Julie. Dan Dan will certainly take breakaway to a new level. Exec chef from Gem was on there in sept oct as well. If Gem is ranked so high and breakaway isn't, and they're out of the same port same region, they must've put two and two together.

Mr ncl...

Do you know who the CD is on the GEM now?

Don

There's your answer. Hope he's good. Heard the temporary one wasn't too entertaining. I already miss Dan Dan. Any word on how Alvin is ??

Late november he was ACD on the Escape and it was said that he was friendly and good with names...

He was also ACD on the Breakaway a few months before...again friendly...

So this assignment seems to be his firts as CD.

I know EXACTLY who he is now. He was ACD to your point on breakaway. I had him in late sept. Much better then the actual CD so hopefully he succeeds. Only a few are magnificent. Sinan. He's gone now. And Dan Dan. Others were from the mid 2000s they're no more. Alvin could be good. I'll find out in 10 days lol.

I know EXACTLY who he is now. He was ACD to your point on breakaway. I had him in late sept. Much better then the actual CD so hopefully he succeeds. Only a few are magnificent. Sinan. He's gone now. And Dan Dan. Others were from the mid 2000s they're no more. Alvin could be good. I'll find out in 10 days lol.

Agreed. Sinan was fabulous. Since he left for Celebrity, I haven't seen his name mentioned on those boards.

We also loved Johnny "Cash" Sanchez on the Gem several years ago. Really excellent.

We're on the Gem right after you, so we'll see for ourselves too. :)

Agreed. Sinan was fabulous. Since he left for Celebrity, I haven't seen his name mentioned on those boards.

We also loved Johnny "Cash" Sanchez on the Gem several years ago. Really excellent.

We're on the Gem right after you, so we'll see for ourselves too. :)

The last time we were on the GEM (2013) the CD was awful.

Yea Sinan had a tragic accident in his family and now I dont think he works for any cruise line.

I had Johnny cash as well in 2011. He was pretty good ok gem but when covering a vacation on breakaway he wasn't the same. Still good but didn't blow my mind. Maybe Dan Dan spoiled me and set the bar too high now lol. CD on gem in Jan 14 RIGHT before Dan Dan took over wasn't great. Maybe that's who you had in 13. We did a one nighter back to back into a 9 night and Dan Dan took over the next day for the 9 night and he had me at hello. Lol. Excellent CD.

Yea Sinan had a tragic accident in his family and now I dont think he works for any cruise line.

I had Johnny cash as well in 2011. He was pretty good ok gem but when covering a vacation on breakaway he wasn't the same. Still good but didn't blow my mind. Maybe Dan Dan spoiled me and set the bar too high now lol. CD on gem in Jan 14 RIGHT before Dan Dan took over wasn't great. Maybe that's who you had in 13. We did a one nighter back to back into a 9 night and Dan Dan took over the next day for the 9 night and he had me at hello. Lol. Excellent CD.

Sinan was amazing...we loved him so much on our cruise with him.

After his tragic lost he came back to the BA for a few weeks and then he went to Celebrity X ...it was a lost for Ncl.

He is still a CD on a cruise ship and has a travel blog somewhere we can't speak about here [emoji6]

Boarding the Gem today! Can't wait to get out of the first few days of cold we have been having here in N.Y. I will check around and see if there is anything new happening onboard since my last visit.

The only thing new is a slide not working and the sadness surrounding it as the children now jump in and out of hot tubs and annoy the older patrons.

Boarding the Gem today! Can't wait to get out of the first few days of cold we have been having here in N.Y. I will check around and see if there is anything new happening onboard since my last visit.

Bon Voyage Dawn!!

Have a great cruise....keep it clean for us on the January 22nd Cruise. :D

Don

Check out which menu's are being used please!!!

Thank YOU!!!!

Edited by Director Don