Diamond Princess Syd-Mel-Syd 14 Dec 14 - Sold Out?

Just wondering if anybody knows what happened to this short 5 day cruise next month? Last week nearly half of the cabins were showing as available, then a day or so later, Princess shows no longer available, and agencies show the cruise as being sold out.

I know of people that wanted to go on this cruise, but were only able to confirm closer to the cruise of their availability to go - I guess they miss out this time. Interesting though how the booking system on these ships work.

Thanks for any feedback.:)

Just wondering if anybody knows what happened to this short 5 day cruise next month? Last week nearly half of the cabins were showing as available, then a day or so later, Princess shows no longer available, and agencies show the cruise as being sold out.

I know of people that wanted to go on this cruise, but were only able to confirm closer to the cruise of their availability to go - I guess they miss out this time. Interesting though how the booking system on these ships work.

Looks like they are offering a few options on that itinerary. I wonder if they are all sold out?

12-Dec-2014Australia2 NightsDiamond, Australia ex Brisbane to Sydney

14-Dec-2014Australia3 NightsDiamond, Australia Cruise ex Sydney to Melbourne

14-Dec-2014Australia5 NightsDiamond, Australia Cruise ex Sydney Return

17-Dec-2014Australia2 NightsDiamond, Australia Cruise ex Melbourne to Sydney

I'm booked on this cruise and have been watching the prices and availability for a while. I know that about a month a ago there were plenty of minisuite and suites available but not many insides or windows. It seemed that people did not want to pay big money for a short cruise. I can't believe that lots the more expensive cabins sold within a short time of the cruise leaving.:confused:

If the mystery is not solved before sailing I will have to walk past the suites and see how many have name tags in the slots.:p

Karryl

This is what it says on the site for this cruise:

Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later. You may also call 1300 551 853 for Australia or 0800 780 717 for New Zealand for further details.

Give them a ring - it could be that they are finalizing the cabin allocations and offering them to "wait listings" don't know - only guessing but a phone call might help with your enquiry :) They're open today

Edited by dizzy1948

Dizzy a good chance of you being right about finalizing the cabins. Just reading my roll call for this cruise and one person posted this morning that they got their cabin allocation and another posted that they received an e-mail about an upgrade today.

Karryl

Thanks for the replies.

Apparently you are correct, my agent has advised that they believe there are still cabins available, just waiting on Princess to reopen the bookings. Apparently with the different itineraries being offered, there is a bit of juggling going on.

Cruise is not me, unfortunately I am working up until Christmas......

Dizzy a good chance of you being right about finalizing the cabins. Just reading my roll call for this cruise and one person posted this morning that they got their cabin allocation and another posted that they received an e-mail about an upgrade today.

Karryl

I reckon now it's a case of watch and see over the next couple of days - because if there is anything left over - it will probably cost an arm and a leg :eek: But again - you never know. Hope ozmonkeyboy posts back and lets us know - would be interesting :D just curious of course. (In other words - down right nosey ):rolleyes::D:D

Edited by dizzy1948