MDR Food: Hits & Misses

stickey_mouse

Have to agree about the desserts. They look real good but not very impressive. And yes there are some stand outs but overall a bit below average in my opinion.

But, that didn't stop me, I'd just swing by the Cafe and pick something up. There is no lack of good food on Celebrity!

As I posted in my review of our Med cruise on the Silhouette in September 2014 I found most of the food in the MDR boring and lacking in flavour. For example, the anytime chicken dish, bland bland bland. Also two meat dishes - steak and prime rib - under or over cooked (I requested medium both times) - not sure who to blame for that as I don't know how the waiters pick up the meals from the kitchen. Desserts - better in the Cafe al Bacio on deck 5 or at high tea. A message for Sloop-JohnB - stay away from my bread sticks.:D The bread basket is always filled with different breads.

Wow, based on these reports- I have missed some good stuff in the MDR!

To be fair, DH and I will be on the Refelection in a few weeks and it's only our second X cruise- we had AQ last time so ate in Blu or specialty each night.

DH said that the thing that he came prepared not to love was the venison in Oceanliners (thought it would be overdone), and he still talks about how amazing it was.....9 months later. LOL

There were some really good dishes on our Century cruise but some not so good! My biggest disappointment were the breads & pastries, really tasteless and not worth the calories. My husband had the beef short ribs, which looked good but did not have much flavor and, according to him, all of the beef dishes he tried were lacking.

I loved the beet/feta cheese salad that was offered twice. Also, with the exception of the lobster in Murano, all of the seafood was good. And the cinnamon ice cream was wow!

Sherri:)

Ps... The Bread Basket filled with an assortment of homemade choices is truly addictive (especially the breadsticks) best approach is to have a "pep talk" :rolleyes: with yourself that you will have just one item per night

Those bread sticks are my downfall. I usually eat three or 4 if they are available.

Ps... The Bread Basket filled with an assortment of homemade choices is truly addictive (especially the breadsticks) best approach is to have a "pep talk" :rolleyes: with yourself that you will have just one item per night

Those bread sticks are my downfall. I usually eat three or 4 if they are available.

Bread basket should be banned:D,