Royal Caribbean Websire Issue may cancel your cruise.

sajaann411

So very weird. I smell a lawsuit coming up the pike if they don't fix it. There was a class action lawsuit years ago in FL when over port taxes and fuel surcharges that RCCL lost.

This booking tool issue smells like bait and switch, which it isn't, but RCCL could get in a lot of trouble over it.

If I had anyone tell me not to go into My Cruises because their system is screwed up, I'd jolly well go all over My Cruises and take screenshots along the way. Then, I'd email the screenshots to them and my travel agent, telling them to clean up their mess.

So far, though, I haven't had any issues.

I dont think a lawsuit will ever happen!

On Carnival last year they had major issues, they offered a $50pp deposit on one special and a half price deposit on another special, when some made a price drop claim or any change they were reverted back to full price deposit without being notified, this lead to many people loosing not only their booking but also their reduced deposit they had paid. these people had to re book and pay a new deposit with just as many loosing out on the cruise they chose and deposit because it was sold to others. No Lawsuit just a too bad!

I've had this happen to me twice and they have fixed it each time. They showed me how to log in now so I can check excursions,dining etc..

I do agree as big as Royal Caribbean is it's crazy their site is so messed up

Care to Share?:D

Mines up a 100 bucks in their favor but I can't find my original confirmation! Anyone have luck with out it when calling?

They didn't ask for one when it happened to me. Evidently they can see what happened and fix it. They just don't have a good explanation other than "don't use My Cruises". The most important part of their website lol

Same thing happened to me twice. Paid off March cruise, got the 0 balance due confirmation, next day went in to add wine tasting, said I owe $672.00. Called, they transferred to resolutions, corrected, sent another 0 balance confirmation. But now instead of the wine tasting showing up, says me and my 35 year old daughter are signed up for THE BARBIE EXPERIENCE!!! I will need all of the wine I can find after that experience!! If they don't want us going into my cruises, then they should remove that option until it is fixed. I am afraid to do anything else online because I don't want December to come around and they cancel my cruise because of the system showing a balance! Guess I will have to dig out my daughters old Barbies from the attic so we can bring them along with us....or just correct when we get on board.

I had the same thing happen.... twice. Had I not had my original pdf invoice RCCL emailed me, I kinda think they would have argued about it. The agent I spoke too insisted it was right... I insisted it was not right. This was a couple days ago. I was told there was a glitch and if you clicked on MY CRUISES, discounts disappeared. She told me 1/2 the calls the takes is over that issue.

It happened 4-5 months ago too... so the glitch has been there for quite some time.

Edited by mad-dog74

Just checked mine for my AOS next March. Everything is fine. Price of cruise after BOGOHO and C&A balcony discounts are the same and same balance due. Purchased through Cruise planner (one excurion and drink packages) are both there with the right credits.

I go through My Cruises all the time to access the Cruise Planner. No problems at all.

I am having the same issue. My email confirmations are $1200 less than what the website says I owe. The website totally screwed up my prices. We have 6 people in our cabin and they have all of the prices messed up. It's crazy. I need to call just have been avoiding the frustration!

I had the same problem on Friday. Must be glitch. They corrected it when I called. Always get and keep your invoice when making payments. You have to call to get one.

I want everyone to no this as their cruise has a chance to be cancelled. I was on the phone with Royal Caribbean yesterday as i wanted to pay the balance of my cruise before the Nov 16th deadline. They told me my balance was $600 more than it actually was according to the email itinerary i have from them back in May. After arguing for 15 mins i was transfered to Resolution. AND HERE IS THE STORY.

If for any reason you login to your Royal Caribbean account and click 'My Cruises" your discounts are deleted and you are on the hook for the full price. The agent told me that if there is a a balance owing on the account they will call you but if you do not pick up there is a chance your cruise will be cancelled. She said it is up to me to make sure i do not click "My Cruises". i asked her why is it my resposibility because i have paid my cruise off in full - she replied with - just don't click and you won't have a problem. I asked her to take the link down - she said thats not up to her. so now i have to monitor my online account incase my wife or i have a accidently clicked the button then contact RC to correct it....again WHY AM I DOING THIS??? i paid my price anf it is their site that is broken.

I asked her why RC has not put out a bulletin - she said its not up to her but will make a note. THIS IS REDICULOUS that it is my responibility when it is their issue. RC is going down hill with their customer service.

Keep checking your account or call RC to complain for not making you aware of this serious issue.

Clicking on "MY Cruises" has nothing to do with your discounts, so either something is missing from your story or else your confused??? I'd try calling back and speaking to another rep.

They didn't ask for one when it happened to me. Evidently they can see what happened and fix it. They just don't have a good explanation other than "don't use My Cruises". The most important part of their website lol
Can honestly say I use the my Cruises almost daily and have never had an issues on over 40 cruises. And if you book through Royal you can see your price, balances, etc. online. Correct me if I'm wrong on that....K.O.

I go to My Cruises quite often and haven't had a problem but the agent I spoke to last week about viewing my reservations told me not to go through My Cruises as it doesn't work! He suggested to go through Countdown to Cruise.

Clicking on "MY Cruises" has nothing to do with your discounts, so either something is missing from your story or else your confused??? I'd try calling back and speaking to another rep.

That's what I thought too, until it happened to me! I had checked my reservation thru My Cruises MANY times with never an issue...until the last time...whether their reason is legit or not I have no clue...I don't know enough about computer programs to say...but that IS the reason they gave me, as well as many other poster's here...so...YMMV...

Isn't it amazing how the pricing problem is never in the customer/guests favor but always RCCLs? I can't even get into our account now to check that our pricing is correct. :(

Kinda makes one think it was planned that way.

This is a known issue and has been for quite a while. Log into your cruise using the before you board tab instead. I usually print out or save all the confirmations as proof. It gets worse during the BOGO sales, some cruises are repriced if you attempt to access anything. A phone call corrects it, but you have to keep a close watch on all your reservations. It is inconvenient and RCI has no explanation or answers to why it is still happening. It has been a year since people started posting about it.

I had the exact same situation two days ago. We are cruising for Thanksgiving. I paid off cruise in September. Two days ago I got an email invoice for one of our rooms that I still had a $1200 balance. So I check account and says that I had balance. I was in the account on website day before and it didn't have a balance. So I called the the rep said the same thing that by going through "my cruises" then sometimes it removes discounts. She said on her end it was removed on 10/30/2014 yet when I was on website the day before I didn't show a balance. So told me the same as post #30 on how to get into the cruise information. She corrected the issue but stated not to use "my cruises"

I was told the same thing two days ago when it happened to my account also so I don't believe the Original Poster is confused or leaving information out. The rep on phone told me the same thing that by going through "my cruises" then discounts can drop off of reservations.