Celebrity - Carrying our two bottles of wine on board.

Planedec

Less headaches if you take them on in your carry on. You are checked / cleared & free to go.

If you pack them in your checked bags there is a chance you could be called to the Naughty Room (luggage delivery delay) if Celebrity wishes to confirm what you have in your luggage

I have better things to do with my vacation time on E-Day than waste time in the Naughty Room

Plus there is always the risk that a bottle could break (the porters are not exactly shy with tossing bags around). It would Soooo SUCK to start your cruise with wine soaked / stained clothing

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Sorry,

I am sure this has been answered somewhere else. For our two bottles of wine per stateroom do we carry them on with us our put them with our checked luggage?

Carry them on, there is a chance if you pack them they will put them in the naughty room.

If there is only 1 bottle in each suitcase why would they go to the naughty room???

Hello,

Because sometimes they see a bottle on the Bag Scanner, but since they can't

specifically identify it as a sealed/corked bottle of wine, they may hold your bag, and ask you to come down, open the luggage, so they can specifically identify the contents.

Doesn't happen ALL the time. We have carried wine in our checked luggage, and never been called to the "naughty room".

BBL

I would carry it with me.

I was called to the naughty room last cruise so they could verify the contents of the two bottles in my luggage.....It wastes a lot of your time.

With so many people on the beverage package now, I'm wondering if they will check less. It saves them money if a guest with a beverage package brings their own booze.

We carried ours on - but timed our embarkation to roughly coincide with the time that cabins become available. If you're boarding earlier it will be another thing you have to lug around with you whilst you wait for your cabin

Does Celebrity charge you a corkage fee if you bring your own on board? Thanks!

Karilyn & Mark

from Central, VA

Hello (from just up the road):)

From the website, to answer your question:

Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

BBL

Edited by BourbonNBluesLuvr

We have always brought our wine aboard on other lines and paid the corkage. This will be our first cruise with a beverage package. It will be nice not to have to schlep the bottles. We intend to upgrade to the premium package. We look forward to comparing our Celebrity experience with our other cruises.

Hello (from just up the road):)

From the website, to answer your question:

Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

BBL

Thank you so much BBL! Are you in Virginia too?

Karilyn & Mark 🌞🌴🌊

from Central, VA

Less headaches if you take them on in your carry on. You are checked / cleared & free to go.

If you pack them in your checked bags there is a chance you could be called to the Naughty Room (luggage delivery delay) if Celebrity wishes to confirm what you have in your luggage

I have better things to do with my vacation time on E-Day than waste time in the Naughty Room

Plus there is always the risk that a bottle could break (the porters are not exactly shy with tossing bags around). It would Soooo SUCK to start your cruise with wine soaked / stained clothing

Cheers!

First thing I thought: I can see it now-wearing my red wine stains for 12 days.

Or drink the wine at home and fill with your favorite booze!:p

LOL -- not worth the effort, since the selections on the Premium Package are better than what's stocked in my bar at home! ;)

But, we still like to bring on a bottle or two of sparkling wine. We both love to spend sea days on our balcony, reading and sipping a nicely chilled glass of bubbly! :D

Edited by wwcruisers

Blindrid - perhaps white wine in the suitcase and red wine in the carry on.

I don't even drink alcohol so am being a very kind friend and taking a bottle for my friend I am travelling with.

Do the rooms have bottle openers? I assume they are considered a no no to be taken on board. Then again maybe you can buy wine that doesn't need a bottle opener,....... time I got educated about wine I guess.