What will Island Princess look like after May 2015?

m134

Great pics, thanks for posting. These should answer most peoples questions. We are in 618 on Caribe when we sail on her in December so not directly affected by the cabin changes and as it is our first time aboard we will enjoy her I am sure.

Thanks for posting! The stern does look a bit odd, maybe they should put her name there.............or the Princess logo.....................

What's on Aloha stern ? suites? Can't see doors...............

My cabin isn't affected either.

jpj39 Have a great cruise!!

Edited by Tyskie

Thanks Dave! Wow what's with the big white splotch? Think it may have been nicer with balconies on the entire aft area. But I am guessing technical space?

At the end of Caribe Deck on the deck plans its showing a large open area, and at the end of Dolphin Deck one of those undisclosed 'white spaces'.

:D

So, based on the photos, which Baja aft balcony would you want, the end ones, or one of the two in the middle?

This depends on if you want that much desired wake view, or a view off the side. Sure you may still see the wake in one of those aft-corner cabins, but...

Oh, and those aft balconies look completely recessed, so not much sun.

;)

What's on Aloha stern ? suites? Can't see doors......

Suites A728 and A729. They look to be uncovered balconies too?

:cool:

Looks like Emerald deck still has public access at the back?

According to the new deck plans, and by looking at that picture, it does look like it.

:confused:.

One thing I've notice too about that the suites on the sides of Aloha Deck aft (A726 and A727) is that they appear to have an almost wrap-around balcony. It doesn't just cover the width of the suite, but it appears to continue back to the end of where the other two Aloha Deck aft suites end at the back of the ship (you can see the glass curve at the end of Aloha Deck). It looks to have a small section that will also face aft. Does that make sense? The deck plans don't show it, but it looks to be the case from the pictures.

:confused:

This depends on if you want that much desired wake view, or a view off the side. Sure you may still see the wake in one of those aft-corner cabins, but...

Oh, and those aft balconies look completely recessed, so not much sun.

;)

All four balconies look straight back. It just seems like B738 and B743 are in their own little "box" while 740 and 741 seem to maybe just have a divider in between them.

All four balconies look straight back. It just seems like B738 and B743 are in their own little "box" while 740 and 741 seem to maybe just have a divider in between them.

I see now what you were asking, and yes it does appear to be that way, doesn't it?

:D

One thing I've notice too about that the suites on the sides of Aloha Deck aft (A726 and A727) is that they appear to have an almost wrap-around balcony. It doesn't just cover the width of the suite, but it appears to continue back to the end of where the other two Aloha Deck aft suites end at the back of the ship (you can see the glass curve at the end of Aloha Deck). It looks to have a small section that will also face aft. Does that make sense? The deck plans don't show it, but it looks to be the case from the pictures.

It's hard to tell from the picture if there is a space there or not. There is definitely a small section facing back (with a balcony railing) and there doesn't seem to be a door to the hallway. There is a dead space in the deck plans, so it could be either.

A couple of things that stand out to me is that the Lido S4s (L721,722) might not be wrap around. They have a huge side balcony and some space facing rear that seems to be similar to a traditional balcony. The two aft S6s (A728,729) combined on the Aloha have more balcony than the three aft s6s (L723,724,726) combined. It looks like the Aloha ones are twice as big. They have two doors, but a large space without a window. Might these cabins be a bit dark in some spots.

Until we see a direct shot of the rear, we can just make our best guesses.

The details still say bound for Venice with an ETA of 1600 on the 21st but the ship appears to be heading back to Trieste .http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:13.18723/centery:45.28376/zoom:8/mmsi:310384000/shipid:371085

Depends if she turns to port or starboard. She went a long way south of Venice, guessing she is still proving, too soon to say she is returning to Trieste daydreamer62.

Links to those pics have already been posted to this thread GuinnessDL, see above.

Well while my observation of the remodel will not interfere or lessen my enjoyment of my Penthouse suite on Lido I must say without a doubt that is one of the ugliest sterns I have ever seen. It just seems to me in 2015 that nautical engineers could have came up with a more pleasing to the eye rear end:cool:(

Thanks again Dave for taking your time and posting the pictures!

At least the suspense is over and some pictures have surfaced!

I really wonder what they are doing with those big closed spaces at the back on Dolphin and Caribe... I sure would have expected Princess to put in even more of the expensive aft balcony rooms or suites there, plus it may have looked better that way? Maybe issues with current life boat capacities? Maybe they used that space to add more crew cabins, as I hope that they increased the crew given the increased passenger load? I would hope that they would not just cram more crew into the existing spaces that were small enough as it was I assume.

I also liked the suggestion above to paint the Logo on the back to breakup that big white patch!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

Edited by cruisehappy001

The post May 2015 Island Princess deck plans show four aft balconies on the Baja deck. How odd, but yes, there they are--squeezed into the middle of the aft Baja deck. Maybe Princess doesn't want to hear anymore about soot on the aft balconies (just kidding!)

Thank you for the pictures.

Edited by Mackenzie1

Dave, I noticed that also. If true, those might be some of the better aft suites. I think she would have looked better with more balconies aft.

Well while my observation of the remodel will not interfere or lessen my enjoyment of my Penthouse suite on Lido I must say without a doubt that is one of the ugliest sterns I have ever seen. It just seems to me in 2015 that nautical engineers could have came up with a more pleasing to the eye rear end:cool:(

I totally agree. I think the designer/engineer should choose a new career! Butt ugly. Sorry couldn't help myself. I could have done better. My disappointment is that there is no wrap around balcony on Lido deck as per the deck plans, that's why I chose that suite. I'll still enjoy the two balconies and I'm sure the inside of the suite will be very nice and looks quite large. I can't wait to see images / layout of the suites.

The post May 2015 Island Princess deck plans show four aft balconies on the Baja deck. How odd, but yes, there they are--squeezed into the middle of the aft Baja deck. Maybe Princess doesn't want to hear anymore about soot on the aft balconies (just kidding!)

Thank you for the pictures.

We havw one of the new aft blconies (B741) for a December Panama canal cruise. Looking forward to seeing sme pictures soon