What will Island Princess look like after May 2015?

m134

Interesting view from Norwegian Jade's Bridge Cam today...

:D

Yup, not a pretty sight :(

I'm anxious to see her but it won't be until Sept. Still have fingers crossed for an IC. Even though it was in an awkward part of the ship on Coral, it was well used. Capt. Amitrano was always seen having his expresso there. :)

Yep it is just one suite isn't it Dave. L722 I recon, what say you?

It definitely appears to be one of the new suites on Lido Deck aft. Just can't get my bearings as to if it's L721 or L722.

:o

Edited by dmwnc1959

Pretty sure it is port side looking at the orientation of the balcony doors which would make it 722. The two sets of doors to the stern are to the left of the bed and the single door to the side is on the bed head wall.

Pretty sure it is port side looking at the orientation of the balcony doors which would make it 722. The two sets of doors to the stern are to the left of the bed and the single door to the side is on the bed head wall.

You are correct. Island Princess was backed in, starboard side to the dock. In one of the pictures looking out the double balcony doors you can see the cruise terminal building in the background and to the right. There was no one behind her after Costa Mediterranea left yesterday until Norwegian Jade pulled in today. So that picture would have been taken yesterday when the new guests embarked, most likely later in the afternoon.

That's Lido Deck Suite 722.

Edited by dmwnc1959

So it would appear 722 and 721 each have two separate balconies one to the side off the bedroom and one to the stern, rather than one wrap around balcony. I can't make out any opening on the pics we have seen so far which would allow you to move from one balcony to the other outside of the cabin.

I think they should have left the nacelles should have been left intact.

I thought they looked good. :(

Dave that suite looks awful tight! :eek:

Personally I thought the jet engines looked tacky - distinctive, yes - but still tacky.

As for the suite, it looks more open than the Owners Suites on Royal Princess. That's also the suite that compozer has booked.

Edited by dmwnc1959

So it would appear 722 and 721 each have two separate balconies one to the side off the bedroom and one to the stern, rather than one wrap around balcony. I can't make out any opening on the pics we have seen so far which would allow you to move from one balcony to the other outside of the cabin.

That's what I noted in an earlier picture: that the Lido Deck suites did not wrap around, contrary to what the deck plans have shown. I hope compozer comes back and let's us know what going on with their booking.

:(

Think I still prefer my mid-ships suite on D deck. Sleeping area seems to be very cramped.

Interesting about the balcony furniture.

When I booked, my suite benefits description DEFINITELY said teak balcony furniture.

I'm here. The jury is still out. I do not like the look of the stern but heck, when we are on her, we won't notice. We aren't cruising until fall - the transatlantic so I still have time to cancel. After seeing these pictures, I really don't know if it is worth the price they are charging. Just like on the Royal - no sofa, just a love seat and it looks like it will hit the wet bar when open - wrong - no more wet bar - again like the Royal. The sofa is so close to the tv - we will look like little children sitting so close to it. The furniture on the balcony jumped out at me first thing. At least we won't have to come back to the cabin to find they varnished the furniture and I won't be sick for three days - one plus. I imagine they also aren't giving us 4 chairs around the table - it looks smaller than the teak tables.

I wonder about the tub - will we get jets or will it be like the Royal. I still would like to have a work with that architect.

I'm trying to stay positive and can't wait to hear from someone that has stayed in it.

Forgive me as I haven't read the whole of this thread, but I was checking dates for the Coral next year. Did you know that that she was getting the same refit changes from March 2016
That had not been mentioned but you are correct. At least they won't be modifying the Library according to the deckplans [emoji5]️

I would say it is more chance that suites on the sides of Aloha Deck aft (A726 and A727) wrap around. In the rear shot from the Jade webcam, there seems to be no door and furniture.

Didn't realize that the Island would not have an IC added. Question for previous sailers on the Island. We are elite with Princess, and are non-drinkers. We usually swap out the mini bar for coffee cards. Where did you get to redeem them in the past? In the dining room?

Didn't realize that the Island would not have an IC added. Question for previous sailers on the Island. We are elite with Princess, and are non-drinkers. We usually swap out the mini bar for coffee cards. Where did you get to redeem them in the past? In the dining room?

DR and La Patisserie/Sabatini's/Bayou.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We are in L721 June 15 I am a little dissapointed that you have to walk through the suite to get from one balcony to another. I was also told these two suite were bigger than Vista suites but they may not be from the pictures and lastly if the tub does not have jets for my wife like the older suites on the ship the three things might cause me to take this up with Princess. I will feel a little mislead by Princess.

Actually in retrospect I like the Lido suite layout better than the standard layout. It seems more broken up with distinct areas rather than everything pushed together in a box. I just hope the wife gets her jacuzzi tub. I can't imagine they would not include them since the other suites on this ship do!

We are in L721 June 15 I am a little dissapointed that you have to walk through the suite to get from one balcony to another. I was also told these two suite were bigger than Vista suites but they may not be from the pictures and lastly if the tub does not have jets for my wife like the older suites on the ship the three things might cause me to take this up with Princess. I will feel a little mislead by Princess.

That was also my impression that these two suites were to be larger but from the picture, they are more like the OS on the Royal and they suck! They livingroom area on the OS Royal suites are so tight. I also will not be happy if, like some are saying here, that you can only get to the side balcony from the bedroom - real nice if you are having a sail away party. I like to take pictures at sailaway - real nice if you take a pic on the stern and then need to run inside and out the bedroom door to get a shot you missed from the stern.

AND the Royal OS tubs do not have jets - so I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will get them.

We shall see!

Dave,

thanks again for a great job on this thread.

Sandy