What's "informal"?

pcur

Is this what RCI calls "smart casual"? That would be sport jacket for DH, but no tie, or silk t-shirt with sport jacket. I usually wear a dressy pants outfit.

I've heard it referred to as "semi-formal", which means pretty dressy to me, and jacket/tie definitely for DH.

We're on Celebrity in November, and I have cruised with them in several years, so I'm interested in whether the dress codes have relaxed the way RCI's have in recent years.

Thanks!

Peggy - RCI since 1973

Hi Peggyicon_smile.gif I am a Celebrity cruiser and enjoy getting dressed up and even on informal and casual evenings...I enjoy looking niceicon_smile.gif.

Click on my photos below and they should at least give you and idea. I realize we are all different people but the photos might help a bit.

Formal evenings...long black beaded lace dress...short sparkly red dress and some very pretty long skirts and tops.

My long blue/black skirt and tunic top was for an informal night. Also dressy black slacks with a burgundy velvet top was another informal night.

There is a beautiful silk patchwork jacket I wore that with black slacks on a casual evening. Like I said...getting dressed up is fun for me on a cruiseicon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Peggy, exactly the opposite has happened on Celebrity the past couple of years. Celebrity is trying to distance themselves from all the other mass market lines by becoming a more upscale cruise line. Informal/Semi-formal means a dress shirt and slacks for men with a sport coat (many men wear a tie, but it's not required), and a dinner suit or very nice cocktail or dressy dress for the women. On casual nights it's collared shirts and casual slacks for the men and sundresses, slacks and nice tops or capris and nice tops for the women. You will find Celebrity to be dressier than RCCI.

Darcie

When we were on the Millie back in March, DH and I dressed each evening. We tend to remember the days of not so long ago wherein everyone looked simply marvelous in the dining room. Nowadays, icon_eek.gif you see EVERYTHING icon_eek.gif which I sooooo do not agree with.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

Thank you!

The outfits I usually wear will be fine. I like to dress up, too, and usually wear dressy pants outfits for casual nights, sparkly tops and black knit coordinates for more dressy, and beaded dress, VERY dressy pants outfits for formal. I look pretty awful in long skirts, so I've opted for a short beaded dress and my silver pantsuit, and another champagne colored one with a chiffon duster.

I'll have to break the news to DH that he has to wear his sportcoat more...but I like that!

Peggy - RCI since 1973

[This message was edited by pcur on 06-15-04 at 08:58 AM.]

Archived