Emerald Princess Still In Houston

R&S

For any wine lovers sailing in the next few weeks, this is where Princess's allowance for wine is a good thing! ;) We sailed the CB last year from Bayport (in Feb) and knew about the possibility of fog issues. Sure enough, when we left muster drill, fog had enveloped the ship and my husband & I knew we weren't leaving that night. Luckily, we had brought on four bottles of wine (they didn't ding us for corkage, btw) and took a nice bottle of cabernet to the Crown Grill for dinner that night. So we were able to enjoy our extra night at port and not be too frustrated by the very limited wine choices available (which was pretty much just Mondavi wines if I recall correctly).

So just though I would offer that helpful hint. We went to Spec's the night before and stocked up for the trip.

Brilliant!! Thanks for the tip. We are sailing on EP in Feb. How many bottles of wine can each person take on the ship?

I have to say I have not read all 9 pages, but I was on this cruise as well and we had a great time. Yes, there was the group, but my husband and I made friends with several of the men whom where great to hang out with. I did not feel they took over the entire ship. They had functions just like any other group and I have been on business cruises where we took up areas as well. We are insurance people. The weather was an issue, but we just made lemonade...Just saying...My opinion...

Another concern was the large group on board the ship. They basically took over both of the adult pools and unless you wanted to see large, hairy men hugging, rubbing and kissing each other - you were out of luck for any pool time. There was no where to go to enjoy the ship without men hanging on each other, kissing, etc. Our once a year vacation was basically ruined and we spent majority of our time in our cabin. If we had known this group was going to be on the ship last week - we would have rescheduled our vacation. Princess might think about notifying passengers when a large group is going to be on the ship so that families with small children can make the decision of exposing their children to certain things. Felt really bad for the small children on board and their parents. :(

I have to agree with you. It would have been nice to warn them ahead of time that there might be some narrow minded homophobes on board. However, I hope they recover.

Emerald Princess was an hour late arriving to port Sunday morning because of one heck of a storm during the night. Our cabin was on the back of the ship and the wind coming across our balcony sounded like a tornado roaring past. At 12:26AM the ship listed HARD throwing glasses, ice buckets etc off of the wet bar. Ship listed again even further a few minutes later and stayed like that for a good 5 minutes throwing everything off the cabinets this time. The Captain certainly had his hands full last week with the rough seas and weather. Our safety was his main concern throughout the trip.

Another concern was the large group on board the ship. They basically took over both of the adult pools and unless you wanted to see large, hairy men hugging, rubbing and kissing each other - you were out of luck for any pool time. There was no where to go to enjoy the ship without men hanging on each other, kissing, etc. Our once a year vacation was basically ruined and we spent majority of our time in our cabin. If we had known this group was going to be on the ship last week - we would have rescheduled our vacation. Princess might think about notifying passengers when a large group is going to be on the ship so that families with small children can make the decision of exposing their children to certain things. Felt really bad for the small children on board and their parents. :(

Excuse me, but your homophobia is showing. Would you complain if a hairy heterosexual man was kissing his overweight wife in a bikini or putting suntan lotion on her? I doubt it. Are you asking Princess to tell passengers of all large groups or just ones that don't comport with your personal political and religious views? I have more of a problem with a ship full of judgmental bigots than one filled with LGBT couples. You have no right to impose your views on others and certainly no right to expect the cruise line to do so. Moreover, it would be illegal for them to do so.

Brilliant!! Thanks for the tip. We are sailing on EP in Feb. How many bottles of wine can each person take on the ship?

Each passenger (above the age of 21) can bring on one 750 ml bottle of wine no charge. Each addt'l bottle may be charged a $15 corkage fee. (I say "may" because we breezed on through security with our four bottles. Didn't hide them, but wasn't told to check in at the table to declare them, so we didn't).

Just got home from the Emerald Princess cruise Nov 16-23 and By far and away the worst trip I've ever taken.

Left a day late-and due to that missed first port-Rescheduled missed that port due to waves.. canceled excursions in Belize due to rain the previous day, had sun 1 port day at Cozumel, but OUR excursion was cancelled.. Food (except the last night) was fair at best..Even lobster night..if I was even at a red lobster I would have sent it back. At horizon court- only 1 day did I get even "decent" service.The rest of the time it was nonexistent.

The shows we saw were ok but not WOW.. and overall for the $$$$ we paid..very disappointed in Princess!

:mad::confused::eek:

The weather pretty much sucked the whole trip except for Cozumel didn't it. :( How about that ride Saturday night!? After 25 cruises - for the first time - the ship listing over in that storm scared me to death! Our cabin was on the very back of the ship and the wind roaring across our balcony sounded like a tornado. We paid a great deal of money for a suite - so to not be able to enjoy the other amenities of the ship was a big disappointment but at least our cabin steward and morning breakfast delivery was top-notch.

Absolutely not! I have a nephew that is gay and I love him dearly - but he does not force his life style on me nor do I force my Christianity on him. It is called RESPECT!

The word is RESPECT.

Who ever you are in whatever life style .

Absolutely not! I have a nephew that is gay and I love him dearly - but he does not force his life style on me nor do I force my Christianity on him. It is called RESPECT!

I really hope this doesn't go on any longer. Perhaps the moderators should close this thread.

However....choosing to buy a condo on the beach is a "life style" choice. Someone's race, ethnicity or sexual orientation is not a lifestyle choice. I'm sure it was not your intention, but referring to being gay as a lifestyle is a little bit offensive.

I really hope this doesn't go on any longer. Perhaps the moderators should close this thread.

However....choosing to buy a condo on the beach is a "life style" choice. Someone's race, ethnicity or sexual orientation is not a lifestyle choice. I'm sure it was not your intention, but referring to being gay as a lifestyle is a little bit offensive.

Don't be over sensitive Your gay I am hetrosexual,both terms are old hat .

As long as we both RESPECT one another...:)

Don't be over sensitive Your gay I am hetrosexual,both terms are old hat .

As long as we both RESPECT one another...:)

I see your happy face but it's not for you to determine my level of sensitivity. :D It's a learning process for all of us. I was simply pointing it out since the poster used the term in multiple posts and it's an inaccurate and therefore an inappropriate term. It fosters the incorrect impression that ones sexual orientation is a choice. I hope you can understand what I am saying. I promise I'm not looking for a fight.

I see your happy face but it's not for you to determine my level of sensitivity. :D It's a learning process for all of us. I was simply pointing it out since the poster used the term in multiple posts and it's an inaccurate and therefore an inappropriate term. It fosters the incorrect impression that ones sexual orientation is a choice. I hope you can understand what I am saying. I promise I'm not looking for a fight.

Sometimes we do not use the correct wording when we write and those words are thought of a very different way by others.I know because I was miss read in the past myself.I do RESPECT your point of you.Maybe we will meet one day at one of my AFTERNOON TEA functions on board.If its your birthday you get a very special treat...........Kruisey:)

At least Disney notified you and gave you that option - we were not informed period and because of that - many amenities aboard the ship were not available to us and the other passengers on board unless we wanted to be in the middle of a bunch of 300 pound hairy men rubbing all over each other. My husband had several try to flirt with him so I ended up having to guard him anytime we went out. Noticed other wives doing the same. It was like their intent was to see how much shock factor they could throw out there for the other passengers - some of which were under 10 years of age witnessing it. This was no small group either - 440 men. Princess should have given us the option of changing our travel plans.

What were the kids witnessing? Love and the way they were born. I am sure your husband was quite safe. I am sure it was no worse than when men whistle at or look over a nice looking woman. Lighten up. This is the 21st Century and Gay Marriage is legal for more tha half the population of the United States

Excuse me, but your homophobia is showing. Would you complain if a hairy heterosexual man was kissing his overweight wife in a bikini or putting suntan lotion on her? I doubt it. Are you asking Princess to tell passengers of all large groups or just ones that don't comport with your personal political and religious views? I have more of a problem with a ship full of judgmental bigots than one filled with LGBT couples. You have no right to impose your views on others and certainly no right to expect the cruise line to do so. Moreover, it would be illegal for them to do so.

But, yet, they certainly have no probably imposing their views on us. BTW, being gay has nothing to do with politics or religion for most people.

Or maybe as a suggested guideline and then they could enforce it the same way they do dining room attire.

I am sure they would enforce it as well as they enforce the dining room attire!

It sounds like the weather on the subject cruise was a real challenge but mother nature sometimes has surprises for us. As for the homophobic rant, 35 states now have same sex marriage and sodomy was declared unconstitutional many years ago. It is time to get used to seeing it. Reminds me of when interracial marriage was allowed and all the whining by the older people about how horrible it was. Now it is just a fact of life. Same sex marriage will follow the same path.

But, yet, they certainly have no probably imposing their views on us. BTW, being gay has nothing to do with politics or religion for most people.

"Imposing their views" by... what? Living their lives? In *gasp* the light of day?

Unless you were somehow forced to have gay sex with someone, I don't really see how anyone could have "imposed their views" in a way that inconvenienced you.