The Definitive Allure Of The Seas Internet Speed & Pricing Guide

Oh, by the way, here's that time-lapse video I shot yesterday as Allure Of The Seas sailed out of For Lauderdale. It took me just a few minutes to upload to YouTube from the ship.

[YOUTUBE]EtMAywybRJE[/YOUTUBE]

i am curious as to what cabin you were in. i have been down to the port to watch the allure leave and usually they back out and then turn and head out. it seems like you guys were facing the opposite direction.

We were in cabin 7220. The ship was docked with the forward end pointing north, so it made for a quick and easy sailaway, as you can see in the video.

We had Captain Tore, not Captain Johnny... so maybe that had something to do with it. Perhaps Captain Tore prefers to do the 180 degree turn in the morning for a quick getaway in the afternoon.

We were in cabin 7220. The ship was docked with the forward end pointing north, so it made for a quick and easy sailaway, as you can see in the video.

We had Captain Tore, not Captain Johnny... so maybe that had something to do with it. Perhaps Captain Tore prefers to do the 180 degree turn in the morning for a quick getaway in the afternoon.

Do you know if it will be the same captain in 2 weeks. i leave on the 7th.

I think it's time that someone documented the actual speeds you can get onboard when connected to the Internet, and to spell out some of the options and the costs. Since I'm currently onboard the Allure Of The Seas, I think I'm just the guy to get this discussion going..

I really appreciate a true "propellerhead" explanation of the Internet Packages. There's been a lot of "It was so slow" or "It seemed fast enough;" but you did what I'd always THOUGHT to do but never got around to - getting some actual metrics.

Now the bad part is probably no system upgrade to Independence by January.:mad:

I was on the Allure last week and signed up for the Premium Plus plan. It was consistent. Attached are the results over a series of days. I continued to take them beyond these first few, and the results were similar.

Definitely a good service. Not close to the 500 mbps mentioned in some of the marketing. Also not sure how these speeds could be more than "all the other cruise ship bandwidth combined." As a frame of reference, my Verizon LTE connection is 50 mbps up, 30 down.

549055019_Allureinternetspeed.jpg.10f53335939163807649eafc8153f721.jpg

On the Allure right now and pricing seems to have changed again. I have the middle of the road package for one device and it is now only $115 for the week. I don't have any discounts (first timer with RCI). I'll see if I can get the other rates (since I made an account and signed up it won't show the rates now).

On the Allure right now and pricing seems to have changed again. I have the middle of the road package for one device and it is now only $115 for the week. I don't have any discounts (first timer with RCI). I'll see if I can get the other rates (since I made an account and signed up it won't show the rates now).

I'm curious if you were able to get anything from Guest Services with the rates. When I was on the Allure in early November they gave me a sheet of paper with the rates and descriptions.

I'm on the Adventure next week. I will miss the higher speed internet that the Allure had.

Sorry, got too busy enjoying the drink package and forgot to grab the current rates :)

Here are the rates currently listed for the Allure. They are listed as Holiday Pricing so I'm not sure how long they will last.

Premium +

Voyage 2 devices $245

Voyage 1 device $195

Daily $60

Hourly $35

Premium

Voyage 2 devices $150

Voyage 1 device $115

Daily $45

Hourly $25

Basic

Voyage 2 devices $120

Voyage 1 device $85

Daily $45

Hourly $20

We did the Premium 1 device and was pretty happy with it. Never had any connection problems (except for forgetting my password on day 2 but support quickly helped me with that).

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned earlier that if you're on the one device plan and a second tries to connect, the first device is disconnected. What if you're on a two device plan and a third tries to connect? We'll be on Oasis in March, going with a friend whose employer will pay for the Internet from him and trying to figure out how I might be able to "share" it with him. He would probably have a smartphone and laptop.

Someone mentioned earlier that if you're on the one device plan and a second tries to connect, the first device is disconnected. What if you're on a two device plan and a third tries to connect? We'll be on Oasis in March, going with a friend whose employer will pay for the Internet from him and trying to figure out how I might be able to "share" it with him. He would probably have a smartphone and laptop.

One of the first two will likely be disconnected. My guess would be the longest connected of the first two would go.

just discovered this thread and its exactly what I needed to know! Sure 2 mbps download speeds are not great but it should be enough to stay connected and post to social media.

My concern is the pricing. Is it $210 for 2 devices or $150?? that's a big price difference. $210 just seems way too expensive!

just discovered this thread and its exactly what I needed to know! Sure 2 mbps download speeds are not great but it should be enough to stay connected and post to social media.

My concern is the pricing. Is it $210 for 2 devices or $150?? that's a big price difference. $210 just seems way too expensive!

It looks like there are 3 prices for 2 devices: $120, $150, and $245, depending on the speed you want.

Edited by clarea

One of the first two will likely be disconnected. My guess would be the longest connected of the first two would go.

Thanks..

BTW in another thread, another Bill (S.S.Oceanlover) said that you might have a link to current Oasis menus. Do you?

Edited by MisterBill99