Jewel-Inside cabin

Italy52

I've sailed on this class of ship and really enjoyed the size and layout. If you are looking for a inside cabin with a quiet location, I would recommend Deck 4, not too near the Centrum. Look for a cabin more forward. The reason I suggest Deck 4 is that you will be within very easy access to the main public areas--the Centrum on deck 4, and the Promenade deck on 5. When we have an IN or OV cabin, it's always important to me to be able to have easy access to public spaces. We've been very happy with Deck 4 locations. If you have any other questions, just ask away.

I've sailed on this class of ship and really enjoyed the size and layout. If you are looking for a inside cabin with a quiet location, I would recommend Deck 4, not too near the Centrum. Look for a cabin more forward. The reason I suggest Deck 4 is that you will be within very easy access to the main public areas--the Centrum on deck 4, and the Promenade deck on 5. When we have an IN or OV cabin, it's always important to me to be able to have easy access to public spaces. We've been very happy with Deck 4 locations. If you have any other questions, just ask away.

Very kind of you to respond --- thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

Deck 2 is also super quiet and super convenient. It's a short hallway with very little foot traffic.

Cabins 3635 and 3639 are oversized sideways cabins. Not so centrally located, but they are about 190 sq ft (11.5 x 17.5) with a lot of open floor space. They are also on a quiet hallway.

I suggest you book a cabin over or under other cabins. Also a cabin at the end of the hallway may be better for you because there will be fewer people walking by. That said, we generally book mid ship cabins and rarely hear any people from the hallway.

Enjoy

M

Have never sailed on the Jewel --- looking to book a quiet inside cabin with a mid-ship location. Suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

I've sailed mostly in interior, lower decks and upper, front and aft, depending on the deal and what cabins remaining....

Imho higher decks such as decks 7 & 8 are highly desirable in comparison to decks 2 and 3. Lower decks elevators are an issue sometimes, and most recently on Serenade there was a definite drone/hum I can near through my pillow (i assume propellers?) that affected me the first couple of days. Forward cabins you may get some noise when in port when the azipods are used or when ropes are deployed.

Higher decks have the advantage of being 1or2 staircases away from the Solarium, Windjammer, pool deck, gym, etc and also only 1or2 down to the Centrum/Promenade/Dinner/Theatre decks.

I may be the abnormal in my thoughts as it's been posted many times that most cruisers would take an OV hands down over an interior, but I will compare 8515 M interior on Radiance to 3602 H OV I just had on Serenade. These are from actual experience that I have stayed in. I would take 8515 over the lower oceanview. I looked out the window maybe a total of 20 seconds per day, elevators were sometimes an issue, the humming/droning noise affected me. I hada zero negative complaints with my higher deck interior.. in fact on any higher deck int on any ship never one issue cropped up that I can think of other than a connecting cabin that I heard my neighbors... so no more connecting cabins for me. Just my 2 cents.

Never stayed on deck 4, and I think on Radiance Class that may be one of the best decks as others have said above with regard to location and noise if you are thinking about a lower deck interior.

Have a great cruise!!! :D

I agree!!! WE just got off the Jewel of the Seas last Saturday and we were on Deck 4, we did have a large ocean view stateroom though, Cabin 4516 not the inside one, but we LOVED our location, it was quiet, near the Forward part of the ship and very close to the elevators that hardly anyone used at all. It was a perfect location!!! The main elevators were always a pain as they were always so crowded.

Thanks for the recent posts, I appreciate them very much.

I am a light sleeper and have a problem with humming and noises associated with forward cabins so that is why I am looking for a mid ship location. DH sleeps through ANYTHING; me, not so lucky.

You all have been very helpful.

We were in Interior Room 3079 midship in March 2014. It was quiet, comfortable and we had a great cabin steward. We booked the same cabin again for our back2back in March 2016.

Thank you for your input, I appreciate you taking the time to post.

We were on the Jewel in the same cabin for 2 weeks (B2B). My husband and I were in cabin 8581. It is next to the ice machine room and another room that the attendants use. There was some noise but I did not think it was loud or annoying and even though I am also a light sleeper, it didn't bother me. My friend was in cabin 8577 which was 2 doors down from us and she said it was very quiet. These cabins are midship near the glass elevators and the Centrum. I did not hear any noise from the activities in the Centrum unless I was outside of the cabin. I would book either of these 2 rooms again.