Family with 2 young ones in stateroom

Daisygirl700

I have 2 girls 6&4 now and they just sleep together on the sofa instead of using the Pullman. My older one could use it just fine now but would still rather sleep with her sister instead. :) I would think your 1 year old they could bring you a crib or pack n play if you want!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can use the pack-n-play for the youngest and could actually turn the sofabed against the wall..this would give you much more room.

And do keep an eye open...there is always the possibility that a FOV that has an extra sleeping area may become available online for less than the normal minimum number of occupants..it did for some of our family members. It worked out great for my DD, DSIL & 17 month old grandson..so much room in the RCI's FOV and the price difference was just a bit more than their OV just prior to final payment.

Edited by Ashland

Look at Disney. They have family staterooms with a sofa bed and plenty of room for a pack and play. They also have bathtubs which most other lines don't offer unless you book a suite. Additionally there is a privacy curtain between the bed and sofa area.

Disney also offer better club hours and don't charge extra after a certain hour, and leave the clubs and childcare open during meal hours and while in ports, which others do not. They also have a splash zone, many ships do not offer anything for non-toilet trained children. Be very careful to check all of those types of details before booking to avoid disappointment.

Look at Disney.

Disney also offer better club hours and don't charge extra after a certain hour, and leave the clubs and childcare open during meal hours and while in ports, which others do not.

Disney does not charge "extra" to have children in a program after certain hours...they charge you up front in the cost you pay for your cruise when booking. Disney cruises typically run about double what other family oriented cruise lines charge. I can pay for a lot of extra hours babysitting with the extra $3000 I would spend on a Disney cruise over other lines.

Disney does not charge "extra" to have children in a program after certain hours...they charge you up front in the cost you pay for your cruise when booking. Disney cruises typically run about double what other family oriented cruise lines charge. I can pay for a lot of extra hours babysitting with the extra $3000 I would spend on a Disney cruise over other lines.

There is more to it than that, but for people only interested in getting the cheapest cruise possible, Carnival and MSC will be the best bets. Good luck.

There is more to it than that, but for people only interested in getting the cheapest cruise possible, Carnival and MSC will be the best bets. Good luck.

I am not against trying a Disney cruise (I have not done this before honestly), but the sticker shock kills me when I have 4 kids and can only go at March Break, summer, and Christmas time. Six times $1500 is almost $10000 before factoring flights for inside cabins for a week.

We were not crazy about our Carnival experience and are hesitant to try them again. We thought about MSC to try them once, but they do some things differently that I just do not believe would work for our family.

We have gone kind of middle of the line and found a happy median with RCCL lately. The kids are very happy with every cruise we have done with them and we are sticking with them for now. Friends love Princess and I would like to try them in the future as well.

Nothing against Disney, but the price makes it out of our affordability range for 4 kids and you also end up paying extra (in my opinion) for brand recognition (like people do with Apple products).

I am not against trying a Disney cruise (I have not done this before honestly), but the sticker shock kills me when I have 4 kids and can only go at March Break, summer, and Christmas time. Six times $1500 is almost $10000 before factoring flights for inside cabins for a week.

We were not crazy about our Carnival experience and are hesitant to try them again. We thought about MSC to try them once, but they do some things differently that I just do not believe would work for our family.

We have gone kind of middle of the line and found a happy median with RCCL lately. The kids are very happy with every cruise we have done with them and we are sticking with them for now. Friends love Princess and I would like to try them in the future as well.

Nothing against Disney, but the price makes it out of our affordability range for 4 kids and you also end up paying extra (in my opinion) for brand recognition (like people do with Apple products).

I don't know where you are getting those rates, but the highest I've ever paid for third in the room was $500 for a week long cruise. The exception was trying to add a 4th three weeks before the cruise when the price went to $1200 for a three day. By the way, both times were in a one bedroom concierge suite. A regular room would be much less.

Edited by ducklite

I don't know where you are getting those rates, but the highest I've ever paid for third in the room was $500 for a week long cruise. The exception was trying to add a 4th three weeks before the cruise when the price went to $1200 for a three day. By the way, both times were in a one bedroom concierge suite. A regular room would be much less.

We book interconnecting rooms and have 3 of them for this coming March.

The Disney Fantasy is currently asking $1659 per person for the week we sail in March this coming 2015 for the cheapest inside cabin. Total $9,954.

The Allure of the Seas for the same week is $865 per person currently. Total $5,190. (Disney is double this almost)

I booked 3 rooms on the Allure for this week a few months back with 2 of us in each room and we are paying $600 each. Total $3,600. (Disney is triple this almost.

I am not trying to be argumentative, but it has been my experience when selecting cruises for my family. Depending on when the OP was intending on cruising, this may or not be the case.

Maybe on periods when it is not school holidays, Disney cruises are much more reasonable, but that is just not an option for our family due to work and school commitments.

We are sailing next month, with a 5 and 8 year old in an inside on NCL Sun. Not sure how we will sleep either. Just hoping it will work out, I'm sure we will enjoy what ever happens. The two boys often times sleep in our bed at home, so we are used to sleeping close to each other.

We book interconnecting rooms and have 3 of them for this coming March.

The Disney Fantasy is currently asking $1659 per person for the week we sail in March this coming 2015 for the cheapest inside cabin. Total $9,954.

The Allure of the Seas for the same week is $865 per person currently. Total $5,190. (Disney is double this almost)

I booked 3 rooms on the Allure for this week a few months back with 2 of us in each room and we are paying $600 each. Total $3,600. (Disney is triple this almost.

I am not trying to be argumentative, but it has been my experience when selecting cruises for my family. Depending on when the OP was intending on cruising, this may or not be the case.

Maybe on periods when it is not school holidays, Disney cruises are much more reasonable, but that is just not an option for our family due to work and school commitments.

I was thinking you were getting two rooms, so the third in each room is almost a freebie. Big difference.

• 3 weeks later...
We are sailing next month, with a 5 and 8 year old in an inside on NCL Sun. Not sure how we will sleep either. Just hoping it will work out, I'm sure we will enjoy what ever happens. The two boys often times sleep in our bed at home, so we are used to sleeping close to each other.

We sailed on the Sun in 2008. The rooms are a bit larger. Our girls were 16 and 18 on our first cruise (on NCL Dawn). We had a minisuite and they slept together on the pullout sofa with no problems (they often slept together in a twin bed growing up so they were used to it as well). I don't know if the inside room has a couch or 2 bunks but I'm sure they will be fine either way. Have fun!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

The 4 of us have shared an interior once and will be doing it again in February on Carnival. It is definitely doable. We spend very little time in the room and when we are all in the room, the kids are up on the pullmans. Mine are 6 and 9.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...