Power Strip - RCCL

Nice! I'm glad I waited. I was going to buy a generic one without any USB ports. Didn't even think of that. I just bought the below one on Amazon. Thanks!!

This one is nice because the plug portion can be rotated something like 270 degrees. We've been able to adjust it to fit on all the ships we've been on.

This one is nice because the plug portion can be rotated something like 270 degrees. We've been able to adjust it to fit on all the ships we've been on.

And there is no reason to bring a 3 prong to 2 prong convertor? The ships outlets (Jewel) will be able to accommodate the three prong extension?

Thanks Bob! I like the idea of it rotating! Makes it very easy.

I forgot to mention earlier that there are two versions of that device, 1 amp and 2.1 amps. If you have a tablet you want to charge with the USB connector, get the 2.1 amp version.

Whew! Good call! We would be charging our tablets with this. I just checked and had ordered the 1amp. Was able to cancel it through Amazon and re order the 2.1 amp. Thanks Bob! If we are ever on the same cruise, I for sure owe you a drink or two!

I forgot to mention earlier that there are two versions of that device, 1 amp and 2.1 amps. If you have a tablet you want to charge with the USB connector, get the 2.1 amp version.

Whew! Good call! We would be charging our tablets with this. I just checked and had ordered the 1amp. Was able to cancel it through Amazon and re order the 2.1 amp. Thanks Bob! If we are ever on the same cruise, I for sure owe you a drink or two!

I'll hold you to that drink!:)

We took the old style power strip for years.....never had a problem, but then one day...it was confiscated. I even forgot to pick it up on the way home!! Now we go with a similar one to the one Bob has. Love the USB ports. That's what we use the most.

We took the old style power strip for years.....never had a problem' date=' but then one day...it was confiscated. I even forgot to pick it up on the way home!! Now we go with a similar one to the one Bob has. Love the USB ports. That's what we use the most.[/size']

Did you have it plugged in your cabin when it was confiscated? Or did they take it out of your luggage?

If they are picky about it being left plugged in, maybe the trick is to unplug it and store it in a drawer when it is not being used.

We took the old style power strip for years.....never had a problem' date=' but then one day...it was confiscated. I even forgot to pick it up on the way home!! Now we go with a similar one to the one Bob has. Love the USB ports. That's what we use the most.[/size']

Hi,

there had to be a good reason why 'they' took your power strip - the safety of the ocupants of the cabin and others had to be why 'they' did that.

Please read the report from Coast Guard in the link below.

The link to that report was originally provided by one of the posters who has been working on ships for many years, last position the chief engineer.

http://www.omao.noaa.gov/noaafleetinspection/safety_alerts/Surge%20Suppressors%20USCG%20Safety%20Alert%20April%202013.pdf

That amazon lightning deal is pretty good. Here in canada the 2.1 amp ones are 29.99. I did order one anyway. The 1 amp ones are only $11.98

It is a bit bigger than I thought it would be but seems very well made. I tested it on my tablet and it charged up as quick as my usual heavy duty charger.

dp

That amazon lightning deal is pretty good. Here in canada the 2.1 amp ones are 29.99. I did order one anyway. The 1 amp ones are only $11.98

It is a bit bigger than I thought it would be but seems very well made. I tested it on my tablet and it charged up as quick as my usual heavy duty charger.

dp

Tip of the day:

Anyone buying one of these, DON'T THROW AWAY THE PLASTIC PRONG COVER. It is meant to go in the slot at the other end to give the thing more stability when in use.

I bring this one:

belkin-power-usb.jpg

Yep, that's our standard too. I think it helps that there is no "cord" attached, and although I've never had to - I've been prepared to make the additional (true) argument that its not a "power strip" its the charger for our smartphones.

I just got off Oasis today from a weeklong Thanksgiving cruise. I had a 6 outlet power strip that I used all week. No issues and no one ever asked me about it.

-Chris

Sent on Cruise Critic Forums using my Moto X

Same here on our recent FOS B2B. No issues. Like everything else RCI..... YMMV....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app