Gelato - Equinox Premium Drinks Package

gafnewyork

Hi, quick question please - is the gelato ( ice cream ) at the Gelateria / Cafe al Bacio included in either the Classic or Premium drinks package on the Equinox? I thought I remember it doing so last time we traveled last summer with a premium package, but not sure.

Not included.

:(

But since the Captain's Club revamp (2013) now everyone Classic Level & above get a coupon for a free scoop

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_classic/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-classic%3Fsubtab=true

Cheers!

Where to find the coupon for gelato??? We never heard about this perk... :confused:

Thanks

Edited by cruza

Hi, quick question please - is the gelato ( ice cream ) at the Gelateria / Cafe al Bacio included in either the Classic or Premium drinks package on the Equinox? I thought I remember it doing so last time we traveled last summer with a premium package, but not sure.

6 replies and not one has replied to the OP question.

gafnewyork Sorry, Gelato not included in any drink package.

With Captains Club, you will have a sheet of vouchers in your cabin, one of which will be a free Gelato. If there are 2 of you and both in Captains Club, you will get 2 sheets of vouchers.

So if you have sailed X before, suggest you join Captains Club if you have'nt already.

This can be done on line.

Edited by jveevers

6 replies and not one has replied to the OP question.

gafnewyork Sorry, Gelato not included in any drink package.

With Captains Club, you will have a sheet of vouchers in your cabin, one of which will be a free Gelato. If there are 2 of you and both in Captains Club, you will get 2 sheets of vouchers.

So if you have sailed X before, suggest you join Captains Club if you have'nt already.

This can be done on line.

Guess you missed Post # 4... Opening sentence ?

BTW, if this Cruiser is NEW to Celebrity (Preview Level) they will not get the Free Gelato, only begins with one being Classic Level = http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_preview/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-preview%3Fsubtab=true

Therefore agree, if they have sailed Celebrity before they need to Register if they have not already, so as to have their Captain's Club Account brought up to date

And if they are RCCL or Azamara Cruisers they need to link their Programs to get Celebrity Captain's Club "Privleges"... Lol, including the free Gelato Coupon :D where applicable

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thank you all for you help. We are Classic level, this will be our 4th Celebrity cruise, so will look out for the coupon. I guess I must have confused the free smoothies at the Aqua cafe for the Gelato, which is worth every penny, when you have a Premium drinks package.

Edited by gafnewyork

Just off Reflection this week.

Gelato not included in either package. Did get a coupon in cabin for a free scoop for Captain's Club members. There is one drink, an affogato, which is indeed a shot of espresso poured over vanilla gelato, that is included. Very tasty I might add. ;)

Gelato is ice cream, it's not a beverage. It's not included in a beverage package unless a beverage is made with it (as others have posted). :)

We are at the Select Captain's Club level, and our coupons were in our cabin upon embarkation on our recent TA, including the coupons for a free scoop of gelato. It was a nice freebie, but I was also happy with the always-free ice cream in the buffet (to which you can add things like sprinkles, Reese's pieces, chocolate sauce, etc.).

BTW, what is that self-serve stuff outside the Mast Grill? It looks like soft-serv, but it tastes awful!