Customs in Spain?

UNV-IT!!!

Baggage is screened prior to each number being called and placed in sequential order on the baggage conveyers that are similar to airport carousels.

Europeans do not have a true passport control as Spain uses the manifest from the sailing and already knows if there is anyone onboard that they need to call to an onboard venue for customs clearance, prior to the ship being cleared. Europeans exit on the left escalator and proceed directly to baggage pick-up.

Non-Europeans do have a brief immigration check for entry to the baggage area, but then also proceed down the escalator to the right and move quickly through a brief check. Here again Spain is aware of the passenger manifest and passengers they need to meet are called to a venue onboard prior to the ship is given final clearance and therefore lines are avoided.

Some nationals that may have the cruise line hold their passports on some ships, need to get there passports back after the ship has been cleared and the passports controlled onboard the ship by customs.

Baggage is only available as the numbers are called and unlike US ports, there is no advantage to disembarking early unless you are carrying off your baggage yourself. Self carry passengers are screened as they move through the terminal and on occasion are stopped for additional screening.

Baggage is screened prior to each number being called and placed in sequential order on the baggage conveyers that are similar to airport carousels.

Europeans do not have a true passport control as Spain uses the manifest from the sailing and already knows if there is anyone onboard that they need to call to an onboard venue for customs clearance, prior to the ship being cleared. Europeans exit on the left escalator and proceed directly to baggage pick-up.

Non-Europeans do have a brief immigration check for entry to the baggage area, but then also proceed down the escalator to the right and move quickly through a brief check. Here again Spain is aware of the passenger manifest and passengers they need to meet are called to a venue onboard prior to the ship is given final clearance and therefore lines are avoided.

Some nationals that may have the cruise line hold their passports on some ships, need to get there passports back after the ship has been cleared and the passports controlled onboard the ship by customs.

Baggage is only available as the numbers are called and unlike US ports, there is no advantage to disembarking early unless you are carrying off your baggage yourself. Self carry passengers are screened as they move through the terminal and on occasion are stopped for additional screening.

Thanks so much. Have a friend from the uk who's gonna meet us in Barcelona so I was curious as to an idea of when we would be off.

I found it easy when I arrived in 2013. Lines look long but they move really fast and there are a lot of booths as they use the check in hall. It felt more like getting a souvenir stamp In your passport as they open it right to the stamp pages and stamp it. They did not scan the passport or look at you and the officer was talking to the one in the next booth the whole time. Looks like they use the manifest to pick out people that need extra screening for non eu aswell. Passengers with mobility issues have a separate line that is shorter and near where you enter. There is cruise line staff managing the lines as they have multiple lines instead of one very long snaking line. The elevator is beside the eu escalator. There was nobody checking passports to ensure that passengers went down the correct escalator . The passenger in front of me had a eu passport. I was from ship to shore in less then 15 min If you have a stop in Cadiz or another eu port. There will not be passport control. Only in Barcalona. When I flew out of the airport. The officer at passport control was on the phone while stamping passports.

Thanks so much. Have a friend from the uk who's gonna meet us in Barcelona so I was curious as to an idea of when we would be off.

He'll be there before you!!! Was just about to email you when I saw this. I'll be arriving the day before you!