Mitsugirly's extensive back to belly sun & sky review

mitsugirly

Mitsugirly,  This is a super long thread but I am not sure where else to post my question for you. Given my situation, which resort do you recommend?

Just my husband and I are traveling to Costa Maya in May. We are not big drinkers, and he is vegan, so food and drink isn’t really important. He likes a quiet beach with no vendors.  We both prefer clear water (I realize that Maya Chan has brown water but great service). If the experience is great, the water comes second.  Getting in the water is not super important. We just want to relax and take in the scenery!  From your reviews I have narrowed it down to Blue Kay, Maya Chan, and Almaplena. I need help!  I also saw great reviews of Seven Colors lagoon, but I’m wondering if the long ride is worth it. 

On 2/2/2019 at 3:40 PM, casone said:

Mitsugirly,  This is a super long thread but I am not sure where else to post my question for you. Given my situation, which resort do you recommend?

Just my husband and I are traveling to Costa Maya in May. We are not big drinkers, and he is vegan, so food and drink isn’t really important. He likes a quiet beach with no vendors.  We both prefer clear water (I realize that Maya Chan has brown water but great service). If the experience is great, the water comes second.  Getting in the water is not super important. We just want to relax and take in the scenery!  From your reviews I have narrowed it down to Blue Kay, Maya Chan, and Almaplena. I need help!  I also saw great reviews of Seven Colors lagoon, but I’m wondering if the long ride is worth it. 

If water isn't important to you and service and relaxation is, I would go with Maya Chan. The service is unbeatable and the place is very nice with no vendors and feels like seclusion (and they have expanded a lot since I was there last). But, they do book up quickly so if you don't want to get shut out, I would book soon. I hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1