Mitsugirly's extensive back to belly sun & sky review

mitsugirly

• 2 weeks later...

Mitsugirly - I appreciate your picture reviews they are extremely helpful in planning our first Caribbean cruise next year.

Also, if you need assistance with going to Alaska on a cruise, especially with NCL, let me know. Our cruise in a few weeks will be our third trip to Alaska all on NCL.

Mitsugirly - I appreciate your picture reviews they are extremely helpful in planning our first Caribbean cruise next year.

Also, if you need assistance with going to Alaska on a cruise, especially with NCL, let me know. Our cruise in a few weeks will be our third trip to Alaska all on NCL.

Thanks for the comments and glad you found it helpful.

I am definitely going to make it on an Alaskan cruise some day and will need tons of help planning. :D

• 1 month later...

Mitsugirly, thanks so much for your review of the sharks and rays in Belize. We booked it for our upcoming cruise on the GA in September. Glad to hear you had a great time. Loved the pictures! Would you please tell me what brand and model underwater camera you use? I am in need of a new one as mine died on my last cruise. And, your pictures were so clear and bright, just fantastic! Thanks!

Mitsugirly, thanks so much for your review of the sharks and rays in Belize. We booked it for our upcoming cruise on the GA in September. Glad to hear you had a great time. Loved the pictures! Would you please tell me what brand and model underwater camera you use? I am in need of a new one as mine died on my last cruise. And, your pictures were so clear and bright, just fantastic! Thanks!

You are very welcome. It was an awesome experience that I hope we get to do again some day with a private vendor.

I have 2 cameras. Both are Olympus Tough cameras. Just understand I take thousands of pictures and don't always get the "best" shot each time. What you see in my reviews are the best I have found out of a huge batch that I will end up with. A lot of factors go in to play (sun versus cloudy, above water/under water) and I go threw multiple settings on the camera taking the same picture over and over until I get something I like. If you get one, just play around with it and see what type of settings you like. I have my "favorites" that I use most of the time, but still play with the other settings. Depending on what model you get, some models have more underwater settings than others as well. :)

I unpacked our "Sun" door hanger and proudly displayed it up on the door.

PB090337%20copy-L.jpg

Thank you so much for your detailed and fun review. We are booked on the Sun for July 2017 (first cruise!) so I'm already obsessively collecting info. Love all your pics and info.

So, how did you stick your door sign on? Are the Sun cabin doors metal? Magnets? Or just tape? Cheers!

I unpacked our "Sun" door hanger and proudly displayed it up on the door.

PB090337%20copy-L.jpg

Thank you so much for your detailed and fun review. We are booked on the Sun for July 2017 (first cruise!) so I'm already obsessively collecting info. Love all your pics and info.

So, how did you stick your door sign on? Are the Sun cabin doors metal? Magnets? Or just tape? Cheers!

You have to use the 2 sided 3M tape that does not leave any residue on the doors.

Thanks and glad you enjoyed the review. I hope you have a wonderful time next year. We loved this cruise! :)

• 2 weeks later...

hah, I found the correct spot to blog on Blue Kay....so excited for the technical challenge that has been overcome in my life:eek: lol!

Because I've tried to skim the last few pages, I started reading the post in 2014 and kept getting hooked on the pics and decided that wasn't a fast way to understand what I needed to ask...

So for access to Blue Kay, are there fees attached or free seat but you gotta eat?:cool:

btw you are freakin awesome...great work;)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
hah, I found the correct spot to blog on Blue Kay....so excited for the technical challenge that has been overcome in my life:eek: lol!

Because I've tried to skim the last few pages, I started reading the post in 2014 and kept getting hooked on the pics and decided that wasn't a fast way to understand what I needed to ask...

So for access to Blue Kay, are there fees attached or free seat but you gotta eat?:cool:

btw you are freakin awesome...great work;)

Thanks

Well, when we went it was completely free and they would just like you to eat and drink there. I believe now you pay $5 pp and that includes a "free" drink while you are there. I know I had read several reports on here that people went there for the day and then walked down to another place to eat, so I can't say I blame them for having a "cover charge" now. But, since you are getting a drink in return, still very much worth it. :)

Loved, loved, loved Blue Kay...Thanks Kim.

We went about a year ago and didn't have to pay the $5, but we ate/drank there...

The food was wonderful, but the pina colada was awful and the oddest one I've ever tasted....Went back to beer!

Loved, loved, loved Blue Kay...Thanks Kim.

We went about a year ago and didn't have to pay the $5, but we ate/drank there...

The food was wonderful, but the pina colada was awful and the oddest one I've ever tasted....Went back to beer!

Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you enjoyed Blue Kay. I'm more than happy to pay the $5 to spend the day at such a beautiful place. We loved it there and will hopefully make it back some day. :)

• 1 month later...

mitsugirly,

thank you for the informative info and with the picture menu in BlueKay:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...&postcount=485

Just to make sure I understand correctly,

that chicken burrito is US$120? (US Dollar?)

Thank you very much in advance for your help

PB130169%20copy-L.jpg

When I arrived back to the palapa, the hubby must have got his belly full.

PB130360%20copy-L.jpg

My yummy drink had arrived

PB130191%20copy-L.jpg

And so had my yummy food as well.

PB130414%20copy-L.jpg

Now, I DON'T like tomatos. I don't like them so much that I normally won't order things like spaghetti at restaurants, instead I'll have alfredo. When I eat pizza, you can could it with the sauce on it and I'm fine, but I will pull back the cheese and toppings and "scrape" the sauce off. However, I could eat the tomoto and onion salsa all day long if I could. Oh my gosh it's just SO GOOD.

Here's the menus. I do have to tell you that a majority of the staff here either only speak Spanish or a limited amount of English that it's sometimes hard to communicate with them. Nino did not speak any English and when he tried to talk to us when we first got there, I immediately said "no hablo espanol" when he started talking to us. For some reason, he acted like he didn't understand that either and just kept talking in spanish (I know a few choice words and phrases) and could tell he was asking me questions that I couldn't answer. That's when he handed us off to what would become our waiter, who did speak pretty good english...Roberto. He was a terrific host, server...and I would find out later, the head chef as well.

Anyhow, why am I telling you this? Because the menus are in Spanish as well. Thank you taco bell for at least teaching me what some of these things are and how you spell them so that I could pick them out on a spanish menu. (I might add that after so many visits to Mexico over the years, I absolutely refuse to eat at Taco B(h)ell anymore. I want real Mexican!

PB130291%20copy-L.jpg

PB130292%20copy-L.jpg

mitsugirly,

thank you for the informative info and with the picture menu in BlueKay:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...&postcount=485

Just to make sure I understand correctly,

that chicken burrito is US$120? (US Dollar?)

Thank you very much in advance for your help

That picture is in Peso's. :p I sure hope that a burrito would not cost $120 US dollars. :eek: So that burrito would be around $6 ish :)

phiewww ...

thank YOU so much for the clarification and you amazing contribution to this forum. The $ symbol confused me.

That picture is in Peso's. :p I sure hope that a burrito would not cost $120 US dollars. :eek: So that burrito would be around $6 ish :)

• 4 weeks later...

This beach looks amazing!! When we exit the trolley or taxi at Senor Frogs, do we walk to right or left to get to Blue Kay?

Thank you for the beautiful pics and review!

Well, just know that Senor Frogs is no longer there...but where it WAS, if you are out by the road, facing what use to be Senor Frogs, you would go left. It's the VERY FIRST place on the beach after the lighthouse.

What are the rates for blue Kay beach club all inclusive one day pass

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Blue Kay is not an all inclusive place. There's a $5 charge for a chair and a welcome drink and the drinks and food are a la carte. They do have some packages that include the water activities for the day though.

Great reviews and pictures! Do you use the same camera for land and water? I'm looking for a new one to take on next cruise!

Yes, I use the same cameras for both water, land, and night. :D

• 2 weeks later...

mitsugirly,

thank YOU very much for your detailed info on blue kay!!

my family and I had a great time with smooth accommodation .. all thanks to your extensive info and guidance, keep up the good work!

just like what you suggested, we took a taxi (instead of the trolly) and only paid $2 per person.

blue kay only charged $5 pp that includes 1 drink and wifi access (rather slow).

lunch menu is all in US$ now. burito $12. they pushed for "fish of the day" dish.. priced by the pound, it's $21/lb ... we skipped that.

and massage is $40/hr at blue kay but $30/hr at the aqua sport ... it's a standalone open massage area with 3 min walk.

very nice choice for day stop at reasonably priced logistic ... THANK TO mitsugirly !! :)

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000372_zpsthdmmbs5.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000373_zps8icqymgo.jpg