Mitsugirly's extensive back to belly sun & sky review

mitsugirly

Thank you so much! Ever since I read your review and Computerworks review it has been on my bucketlist. I booked last night for next February!

They are great Kim, thanks so much. Sakari has grown up so much!

Jai

Awesome. I hope you enjoy yourself. The Spirit is probably the only smaller ship in the fleet I wouldn't mind sailing on once again (and I try not to sail on any previously sailed ships). She's just so different and I just love the Asian flare.

Yes, Sakari is getting so big. When I look back at these pictures I can't believe how small she was (and how brave) when she first started sailing with us. She has come a long way...and still continues to be brave and will do just about anything we come up with. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again!

Love all your reviews.

This time we are thinking of going to Blue Kay, Costa Maya.

Questions:

Does the open"People Mover" take you to taxi area? How much is a taxi and length of time to Blue Kay and back?

Thanks so much!

Barbara & Tom

For sure, the next "furry" one where they will be at is the N/S Epic Nov 15th is year, I however, will be on the RCI Allure the same week and we will cross paths at Cozumel, heh.

Kim thx for a great review and pics

I tried clicking on the link u posted for the part 2 Sky review and it wouldn't work

Anyway u or someone could post it for me

I spent almost all today reading your review from the Sun .... It's like a good book you just can't put down 😃😃👍👍

You have some great review Kim! I am planning my excursions based on your experiences, reviews and photos! I hope that you realize how much your reviews help this community!!! :D I'm also bidding on one of your recommended under water cameras on ebay. I'm also looking at the snorkeling sets that you got!

Edited by CookiePie

Finally finished reading your review, love your reviews BTW! Will be going on the Sky in September and looking forward to going to Blue Lagoon.

Just had to add, we were stationed for 2 years @ Rickenbacker AFB in the late 70's!

Apologies ahead of time...I'm not sure why, but I haven't been getting any notifications on this thread for some reason. :eek: It didn't even show that I was subscribed to it (along with a lot of the threads I'm on) and I'm not sure what is going on. :confused: So...I didn't realize anyone had posted or had questions. So sorry.

Hi again!

Love all your reviews.

This time we are thinking of going to Blue Kay, Costa Maya.

Questions:

Does the open"People Mover" take you to taxi area? How much is a taxi and length of time to Blue Kay and back?

Thanks so much!

Barbara & Tom

Hi and thanks for the compliment. I don't think that the open air bus will stop at the taxi area for people to get on or off (I know ours did not).

I'm honestly not sure why you would want to get on the bus and then get off at the taxi area? I'm confused. The taxi would cost the same to get to Blue Kay, so why not just catch the bus right as soon as you walk out of the port for $3 and head to Blue Kay versus walking out of the port and the walk all the way down to the taxi area for the same thing? Just wondering...:)

For sure, the next "furry" one where they will be at is the N/S Epic Nov 15th is year, I however, will be on the RCI Allure the same week and we will cross paths at Cozumel, heh.

Hey Fox, are you saying the furries are going on the Epic this Nov? Just wondering how you will cross paths in Cozumel because the Epic is moving to Spain/Italy/France and leaving the Caribbean this April. :confused:

Gosh I would love to be on the Allure. That's one ship I have always wanted to try (or the Oasis). Will it just be you this time or will other furries be with you? I hope you have a wonderful time and can't wait to see some awesome pictures.

Kim thx for a great review and pics

I tried clicking on the link u posted for the part 2 Sky review and it wouldn't work

Anyway u or someone could post it for me

I spent almost all today reading your review from the Sun .... It's like a good book you just can't put down 😃😃👍👍

Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate it.

I figured out how to get to it Doh!! Lol

I'm going in 😜😜👍👍

Glad you figured it out. I'll have to check the link now and make sure it's working.

You have some great review Kim! I am planning my excursions based on your experiences, reviews and photos! I hope that you realize how much your reviews help this community!!! :D I'm also bidding on one of your recommended under water cameras on ebay. I'm also looking at the snorkeling sets that you got!

Aww shucks, thanks so much and I try my best to help the community out as much as I can. Everyone here has been so helpful to me and I like to return the favor every time I can.

Fingers crossed for you and hopefully you get your camera. :D

Finally finished reading your review, love your reviews BTW! Will be going on the Sky in September and looking forward to going to Blue Lagoon.

Just had to add, we were stationed for 2 years @ Rickenbacker AFB in the late 70's!

Thank you so much for the comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the review and I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Sky.

If we go back to Nassau, we will probably repeat the Blue Lagoon excursion. We had a great day there and thought it was real pretty. We went to Melia the last visit.

Rickenbacker, how cool. We use to live out in Groveport right there about 9 years ago. :)

Thanks for your great review. I also read your Getaway review and enjoyed that since I have been on that ship before and will go again next January. When reading your Getaway review I noticed that you are a "scrapbooker". I think scrapbookers have the best pictures, because they look for the day to day things and unusual items to photo. You certainly do well with that! My family would sometimes make fun of me for the little things I would take pictures of, like all the food pictures when I was on my Danube cruise. But when they saw the album I made for each of them afterwards they stopped making fun of me. I had a complete two page spread of food dishes! I do digital now, I design my pages in Photoshop Elements and upload them to Shutterfly to print out my books. I think the next time I cruise I will look for some of those scrapbooking elements you mentioned were there on the Getaway. I can scan them and manipulate them in Photoshop.

Do you print out your "review" and put it in your scrapbook? It certainly has a lot of information that will bring back fond memories to everyone. Sometimes my kids look back at their old scrapbooks and just laugh and enjoy those moments. It's a lot harder now to get them to pose for pics or to even secretly snap a photo (I like a lot of unposed pics as well).

You are giving the best gift of all to your family, being able to look back at these pictures and written down memories and enjoy them for years to come.

Thanks for your great review. I also read your Getaway review and enjoyed that since I have been on that ship before and will go again next January. When reading your Getaway review I noticed that you are a "scrapbooker". I think scrapbookers have the best pictures, because they look for the day to day things and unusual items to photo. You certainly do well with that! My family would sometimes make fun of me for the little things I would take pictures of, like all the food pictures when I was on my Danube cruise. But when they saw the album I made for each of them afterwards they stopped making fun of me. I had a complete two page spread of food dishes! I do digital now, I design my pages in Photoshop Elements and upload them to Shutterfly to print out my books. I think the next time I cruise I will look for some of those scrapbooking elements you mentioned were there on the Getaway. I can scan them and manipulate them in Photoshop.

Do you print out your "review" and put it in your scrapbook? It certainly has a lot of information that will bring back fond memories to everyone. Sometimes my kids look back at their old scrapbooks and just laugh and enjoy those moments. It's a lot harder now to get them to pose for pics or to even secretly snap a photo (I like a lot of unposed pics as well).

You are giving the best gift of all to your family, being able to look back at these pictures and written down memories and enjoy them for years to come.

I only started scrapbooking a few years ago and I'm still trying to play catch up with all of them. Being a full time nursing student for a little over 4 years and working just kept me too busy to keep up with them. However, I've managed to get a lot of them done...but still more to go. :p I have been doing an actual scrapbook for each cruise and I also do the digit 8x8 book from shutterfly for each cruise as well whenever they have their "free" sale and only have to pay shipping. So that limits when I can do those. I think at the moment I only have 1 left to go...but have to wait on another "free" sale to come again. :p

Actually no, I hadn't thought about printing off the actual review and putting it in there. I can only imagine how many pages that would be. :eek: But that's a good idea to be able to look back on it years later. I might have to try to figure out how to do this. Thanks for the idea. :)

Going alone to beach... Blue Kay?

Going to Costa Maya via Holland America Ryndam this month. I am 67 year old female who will be doing this port alone. Would I be safe going to Blue Kay alone? Since I will be swimming and a little light snorkeling near shore, I won't take much with me, towel, phone to take pics, a little money and I.D. I can put that in a waterproof pouch and take with me in the water. Just wondering about safety on trip there and back and while on beach. Thanks

Going alone to beach... Blue Kay?

Going to Costa Maya via Holland America Ryndam this month. I am 67 year old female who will be doing this port alone. Would I be safe going to Blue Kay alone? Since I will be swimming and a little light snorkeling near shore, I won't take much with me, towel, phone to take pics, a little money and I.D. I can put that in a waterproof pouch and take with me in the water. Just wondering about safety on trip there and back and while on beach. Thanks

Yes, I would definitely say this is a pretty safe port and so easy to do alone. The water proof pouch is a great idea and we use one too for our money, cc, ID and ship card. I don't think you'll have a problem at all and the people there are really nice. :)

It's been a VERY long day and I know this days review has been super long. Sorry about that, but I REALLY loved this place and wanted to share as much as I could with everyone in hopes that if anyone tries it out, they will be satisfied with it and have a good perception of what it's like before going to know whether or not it's the right place for you.

I will continue tomorrow if I can (I have to work twice tomorrow lol), with our walk along the malecon and our trip back to the ship.

I hope everyone is still enjoying the review. :)

I am just reading this review now as we look toward a 5/16 cruise. I am reading all of your Costa Maya reviews (and others) as we are trying to plan for that day. It seems like this is the place for us. I will probably ask you a few questions as it draws nearer; hopefully you won't mind. :)

Thank you for such thorough trip reports. I always say I am going to do my own trip reports and rarely do. I'm grateful for all of yours!

I am just reading this review now as we look toward a 5/16 cruise. I am reading all of your Costa Maya reviews (and others) as we are trying to plan for that day. It seems like this is the place for us. I will probably ask you a few questions as it draws nearer; hopefully you won't mind. :)

Thank you for such thorough trip reports. I always say I am going to do my own trip reports and rarely do. I'm grateful for all of yours!

Thanks for the comments and you are welcome to ask any questions that you might have. I'm leaving tomorrow on a cruise so I'll be back in 1 week to check in. 😀

Hi

Love all of your informative reviews and often refer to them when looking at which ship to choose. We are hoping to book a Carribean Cruise (maybe Western) and wondered which ports you would recommend and which ports we should avoid?

Any information would be appreciated as this would help us to narrow down our choice of itinerary. It's so confusing.

Thanks again

Kerry :)

Woo hoo! Hope you have a wonderful cruise! I'll look forward to another great review.

Heather

We just returned a few hours ago and it was a great cruise. I can't wait to get started on another review. :)

Hi

Love all of your informative reviews and often refer to them when looking at which ship to choose. We are hoping to book a Carribean Cruise (maybe Western) and wondered which ports you would recommend and which ports we should avoid?

Any information would be appreciated as this would help us to narrow down our choice of itinerary. It's so confusing.

Thanks again

Kerry

Well, I'm all for adventure and it's hard to say any port is a bad port. :D So far, I'm not that fond of anything involving the Bahamas...as in Nassau (although we did find a couple nice places there, just don't like the port itself) or Freeport. Other than that, I really don't care too much for Jamaica, but then again found awesome places to go there as well.:p

I would have to know what type of things your family like to do to try to point you in a direction. We loved the western Caribbean and have done it many times. You are welcome to look at any of the reviews I have listed with the ports on the western side and see if anything strikes your fancy. :)