Ovation of the Seas itenerary questions

jdc2204

Why is it disappointing? There is still a Quantum class ship in the US.

It's disappointing for many people who hoped to have a second Quantum Class option, at least seasonally, out of Florida. Same for the folks in the UK after Anthem leaves.

I'm glad to hear you're not disappointed though, good for you. I live in New York City and will have a Quantum Class ship a half hour away, so I am less disappointed than many others.

Edited by Dave85

• 3 weeks later...

A fresh update on Ovation of the Seas, looks like it will be home ported out of Sydney for the 2016/2017 summer. This is great news for us Australians as we never get to see these new ships in our waters. We have always wanted to sail an Oasis or Quantum Class ship but the cost to travel to Asia or the US is way too prohibitive.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3012911/ovation-of-the-seas-cruise-ship-new-billion-dollar-cruise-giant-to-call-australia-home/?cs=34

Hi TimTam2. In March we travelled from our home in Melbourne to Sydney to take an 11 day tour on Voyager of the Seas which was fantastic. Cost all up for a family of 4 including 1 nights accommodation in Sydney and airfares, shore tours, airport transfers and parking and spending money was about $8,500 which we thought was good value.

If we had left from Singapore or Hong Kong instead then all the quotes we had put the trip cost at over $13k for an equivalent 11 night tour. So a 55% premium to do the same trip from Asia. Cheapest airfares to Singapore were around $450 each way ($3600 alone for airfares). Maybe it was the time of year, but it was certainly prohibitively more expensive to do the cruise from Asia.

And double the costs if we had to travel to the USA first (especially from Florida which is a few stops from Melbourne) Our falling dollar won't be helping. So thank you RCL for planning to bring Ovation of the Seas to Australia, our family will certainly be looking to get tickets. :D

What's with the Floridians wanting every ship to be home ported in FLL, I get that it's easier but don't you want to experience the world? Also Quantum class is suited for colder climates with more indoor spaces, Florida isn't the right place for a Quantum class ship

What's with the Floridians wanting every ship to be home ported in FLL, I get that it's easier but don't you want to experience the world? Also Quantum class is suited for colder climates with more indoor spaces, Florida isn't the right place for a Quantum class ship

I would prefer Port Canaveral. ;)

• 2 weeks later...