Ovation of the Seas itenerary questions

jdc2204

Where will Ovation of the Seas be home ported? What do you think will be the itenerary? Is there any information that I missed regarding Ovation? Wherecan I find it? Thanks,John

No info from Royal on Ovation home port or itineraries.

Where will Ovation of the Seas be home ported? What do you think will be the itenerary? Is there any information that I missed regarding Ovation? Wherecan I find it? Thanks,John

Hopefully the ships Air Conditioning doesn't go on the blink. It will get a unflattering nickname. Any guesses what that would be?

With luck RCCL will home port a ship over the spring, summer and fall in Boston. Bermuda is popular. I like DownEast sailings into Canada. Wishfull thinking I guess.

Hopefully the ships Air Conditioning doesn't go on the blink. It will get a unflattering nickname. Any guesses what that would be?

With luck RCCL will home port a ship over the spring, summer and fall in Boston. Bermuda is popular. I like DownEast sailings into Canada. Wishfull thinking I guess.

Perspiration of the Seas ?

RCI did not make any official announcement, but currently my guess is that she will be homeported in Southampton during the summer period (April - october), and doing winter cruises from Ft. Lauderdale.

Surely she replaces Anthem in Southampton - she, however should stay in Cape Liberty year-round... :cool:

• 3 months later...
I'm putting money on west coast to compete with princess. San Francisco home port to do alaska cruises. California coastal, Mexico Hawaii. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a nice dream, I would love it! But RCI has never home ported any ship in SF so not likely to start with their newest ship. I'm hoping Alaska - maybe we could a good coastal cruise out of it.

Ovation of the Seas should replace Anthem, seeing that she is now replacing Quantum. This wasn't RCCL's original plan, but China needed/wanted their ship sooner than Ovation could be built. So a little shuffle round was needed.

If she does it won't be until 2017.... it's already been announced that for 2016 the UK will have just two ship, Independence and Navigator

RCCL PR Team also said that they are busy announcing Harmony of the Seas, so after that is finished, they will later announce Ovation of the Seas. There is nothing stopping them having Ovation based in the UK when they announce what she is up to.

Ovation of the Seas should replace Anthem, seeing that she is now replacing Quantum. This wasn't RCCL's original plan, but China needed/wanted their ship sooner than Ovation could be built. So a little shuffle round was needed.

So, will we not have Quantum or Anthem in the US - sorry been busy w/ work to keep up w/ all the discussions

So, will we not have Quantum or Anthem in the US - sorry been busy w/ work to keep up w/ all the discussions

You need to re-read all the posts, as Anthem is replacing Quantum in the US. So you will have Anthem from November 2015 all year round.

Looks like China for Ovation -

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/docs/Royal-OSN-2016-Schedule.pdf

Thanks to Springaussie for finding the info :D

I find this incredibly surprising. Build 3 Quantum Class ships, commit 2 to China before the first one even begins sailing there?! I say "commit" on the assumption that Ovation will be built to order with the modifications necessary for the Chinese market. In any event, that's an awfully bold move by Royal Caribbean...

I find this incredibly surprising. Build 3 Quantum Class ships, commit 2 to China before the first one even begins sailing there?! I say "commit" on the assumption that Ovation will be built to order with the modifications necessary for the Chinese market. In any event, that's an awfully bold move by Royal Caribbean...

I'm not familiar with the source of the linked page, but, given that no itineraries have been released yet, I wonder if they are defaulting to the old belief that Ovation was going to China and not taking into consideration that Quantum is already there. What is the possibility that this source would know something that nobody else does? Are they affiliated with Royal?

I'm not familiar with the source of the linked page, but, given that no itineraries have been released yet, I wonder if they are defaulting to the old belief that Ovation was going to China and not taking into consideration that Quantum is already there. What is the possibility that this source would know something that nobody else does? Are they affiliated with Royal?

The link is from Royal Caribbean.

Wow, 2 brand new Quantum class ships to China? I'm surprised like you, Dave. So basically, those in the US will have to travel to NJ if they want to experience this class of ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Info from two different sources:

5 nights Southampton - Cherbourg, France - LeHavre, France - Brussels, Belgium - Southampton departing 4/17/16

7 nights Southampton - Gijon, Spain - Balboa, Spain - St. Peter Port, Guernsey - LeHavre, France - Southampton departing 4/22/16

7 nights Southampton - Gijon, Spain - Vigo, Spain - Gibraltar, UK - Barcelona departing 5/3/16

16 nights Barcelona to Dubai, via the Suez Canal, departing 5/10/16

14 nights Dubai to Singapore, departing 5/26/16

3 night Malaysia cruise, departing 6/9/16 on a roundtrip sailing from Singapore

12 night Exotic Asia cruise, Singapore - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - Hong Kong, China - Okinawa, Japan - Seoul, Korea - Beijing, Tianjin, China, departing 6/12/16