HAL Website - getting prices

sail7seas

Is there any way to check pricing on HAL site without having to enter name, mariners number etc for every cruise we want to check. It annoys me to have to give my name etc just to compare pricing from day to day, week to week.

If someone has a method, please share. :)

Thanks.

Do a search for your cruise -

when you pick the cruise and date select Details

then select continue

then input number of guests - select NO for mariner number (I have tried it both with and without and have not noticed a difference in price) - select save and continue

then pick your type of cabin and select save and continue

then pick the deck for the cabin you want and select save and continue

after doing all that you will see some of the cabins that are available and the price and the taxes and fees.

You don't need to input your mariner number or name. It is a pain in the rear compared to the old system but really only takes about 90 seconds to get through the menus once you figure out the system.:(

Thanks, Jacqui.

I should have known to just skip entering Mariners Number.

It's still a pain but it annoys me to enter name each time. Inevitably, each time I

check a cruise, I get one of the 'let us help you book your cruise' e-mails. When I'm

ready, I'll contact them. :D

If you login from the homepage the site will automatically populate your name along with mariner number while you are searching for pricing. This way you'll also know whether discounted mariner pricing is available for the particular cruise you are searching.

Edited by Laminator

Personally I hate the new website. It's just a pain to check pricing. Maybe there was a method to HAL's madness.:(

I think the method to HAL's madness is that they can see that you're checking prices. I recently checked a price for a cruise and had a call the next day from my "personal cruse consultant" who told me he was aware that I was checking on a cruise and could he help me book it. Talk about Big Brother watching.

If you login from the homepage the site will automatically populate your name along with mariner number while you are searching for pricing. This way you'll also know whether discounted mariner pricing is available for the particular cruise you are searching.

The only time I log in to the HAL site is if doing pre-registration or pre-booking alternative restaurants or the like.

I never log in just to view cruises/prices.

I just put in a fake name etc, after all I am just checking prices and that way I don't get hassled. It is a nuisance though, not nearly as easy as the old method.

However after being on the Celebrity website for our last and upcoming cruises, I can tell you HAL's web site is a breeze.

Before we left home, I checked out a cruise that we are interested in for 2016.

I didn't login -- skipped my name and Mariner number -- got a price.

Then I logged in for the same cruise -- guess what -- same price. No discount for being a Mariner.

I really hate HAL's new site.

Thats pretty much been my experience on most HAL cruises. Although on my cruise last month I did get a 10% (approx.) discount on my fare.

DaveOKC

I just put in a fake name etc, after all I am just checking prices and that way I don't get hassled. It is a nuisance though, not nearly as easy as the old method.

However after being on the Celebrity website for our last and upcoming cruises, I can tell you HAL's web site is a breeze.

AHOY SHIPMATES, I live in Jax Fl and do 5 day cruises between the long ones on HAL so I check the $$ on every cruise leaving from here (FASCINATION).

Have always wondered why HAL cant use the same format . It's a breeze , even a non literate person (on computer) like myself can get all the info I need in a timely understandable manner. HAL does have more knowledgeable people answering their phones tho. I'm a shareholder but dont have any pull in the planning dept.

You can skip the names and Mariner numbers. Just click the continue button for each section. The system allows bypass without data.

That's exactly what I do. I just bypass those sections by clicking on the continue button. Work just fine.

Thanks. That is my new game plan. :)

Before we left home, I checked out a cruise that we are interested in for 2016.

I didn't login -- skipped my name and Mariner number -- got a price.

Then I logged in for the same cruise -- guess what -- same price. No discount for being a Mariner.

I really hate HAL's new site.

Welcome Back, KK.

Which ship were you on?

Hope you had a wonderful time. :)

This thread is great information. I'm eagerly waiting for the Summer 2016 cruises to become available. We've never cruised on HAL before so it will be a new experience for us. From what I've seen, I'm sure we will enjoy it.

Happy cruising everyone! It's a great way to travel!