Bottom Cabins in QE

themanwithahat

Hi. We have our first Cunard cruise coming up (short break to Amsterdam) and we've been allocated cabins right at the bottom of the passenger decks (Deck 1. all prefixed 1.nnn) which looks to be about half way up the ship.

Mrs Hat is a bit worried about this. Can anyone tell me what they are like ? Are there any advantages or disadvantages ? I have heard it is more stable lower down.

All advice welcomed !

Hi. We have our first Cunard cruise coming up (short break to Amsterdam) and we've been allocated cabins right at the bottom of the passenger decks (Deck 1. all prefixed 1.nnn) which looks to be about half way up the ship.

Mrs Hat is a bit worried about this. Can anyone tell me what they are like ? Are there any advantages or disadvantages ? I have heard it is more stable lower down.

All advice welcomed !

The 1002 to 1117 in my opinion are excellent outside cabins (Staterooms)

I would prefer these than higher up, unless of course you needed a balcony.

You are just above water level and are the most stable.

If you have a GB inside on Deck 1 then they are quite spacious @ 207sqft

Edited by Pennbank

All advice welcomed !

I am sure you will be fine - its a nice stable part of the ship. Just remember to keep the windows shut if it's a bit rough....:D:D

Bottom Cabins in QE

All advice welcomed !

Hello Mr and Mrs Hat,

Congratulations on booking your first cruise with Cunard.

Last year, which was our first time with Cunard, we sailed aboard Queen Elizabeth and we were allocated 1012. We were concerned - ugh - at the bottom of the ship we groaned, but we loved down there. A lovely double, detached cabin, right at the "pointy end" Very handy for Royal Court Theatre and straight up for The Yacht Club. :)

September of this year, we were on deck 8 at the blunt end... Quite a small cabin and under The Lido, which would have been very noisy, if we had of been in our cabin and not out enjoying ourselves on deck !

Enjoy ....

Friends had a 1-Deck stateroom on Queen Victoria. They liked it but commented that you don't often get a good view out of the window because it's continually washed with salt water which leaves a salty residue.

Recently we had one of them on QE and we had no such problem. The window was clean - moreover its size afforded much light inside and excellent views outside.

Incidentally, it was the first time we sailed in an oceanview cabin and, compared to balcony ones, we found it even more comfortable due to its configuration. Both have the same size, but the sofa and vanity in the outside cabin are right after the wardrobe and toilet. This makes it easier to use and gives the cabin an air of spaciousness lacking in the balcony ones. We would travel in an oceanview cabin again without second thought.

Deck 1 is virtually the only deck offering unobstructed oceanview cabins (there are two front-view oceanviews on deck 6, and deck 4 houses the obstructed view ones). Deck 1 also offers only deluxe inside staterooms, which as far as we saw are excellent for their size and comfort (they have a sofa as well). Although this deck is closer than the others to the sea, it is still high enough (actually much higher compared to old ships). Add to these that it is the stablest in times of pitching and rolling; all its cabins are close to the grand lobby; and just below the main salon and restaurant deck (incidentally we had no noise problems from above) - and you have one of the most convenient cabin decks on board.

All advice welcomed !

Here are some pics of the EB stateroom on Queen Victoria Deck 1

IMG_0482.jpg.a982d5e97f9e748f31ff229d0d58cee0.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg.ec42a9f3371042967435bdf35cd32ac8.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg.fb6b371c73ebf596ee83e0aab5e44625.jpg