New Oasis GS

You are right. It seems RC knew well enough not to price them as the full size ATS. I would take a traditional GS over these new aft facing GS ATS.

So would I!! I love the features of a traditional GS and would sacrifice the aft view for one.

The ones that were originally built with the ship are! We lucked into an Aqua Theater Suite on Deck 9 in November, and both the cabin and the balcony were over 700 square feet. It was a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. Those original suites are all priced differently, with the price decreasing as you go up in decks and the suites get smaller.
That's a suite that I would love!!

Cabin 14730 just became available for our cruise. We are currently booked in a regular GS. 3 People.

Do you think it's even worth considering a switch?

Did I read that the shower is too small for a 6'2" person?

How big are the balconies in 14730? Smaller than those of a regular GS? I'm having a hard time telling from the photos. What kind of furniture on the balconies? Does the coach have to be turned in order to be pulled out or is that just the 11th floor rooms?

Sorry for all the questions. I've never sailed in a suite, so have no background info!!

Cabin 14730 just became available for our cruise. We are currently booked in a regular GS. 3 People.

How big are the balconies in 14730? Smaller than those of a regular GS? I'm having a hard time telling from the photos. What kind of furniture on the balconies? Does the coach have to be turned in order to be pulled out or is that just the 11th floor rooms?

Sorry for all the questions. I've never sailed in a suite, so have no background info!!

The suites on 14 are the smallest. As I mentioned in your other post if I were a party of 3 I would only consider the suites on 11. Yes the couch on 14 needs to be turned to be opened. The balcony facing the AQ is virtually non existent and overall MUCH smaller than a regular GS. I am just over 6' and had to bend over or sit down to use the shower in the suites on deck 11. Put it this way... If we could have switched to a regular GS during the cruise I would have been willing to pay to do so. If you have a regular GS I would keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good questions, no need to apologize. I see that CaribSailor has answered some of those questions, and he has experienced the new cabins first-hand. As far as the balcony specifics, below is some info that comes directly from Royal's website...

Traditional Grand Suites feature a bedroom with two twin beds that convert to Royal King, living area with double sofa bed and lounge seating and a private bathroom with tub and two sinks (371 square feet, balcony 114 square feet).

Deck 11 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (11330 and 11730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony (466 square feet, balcony 470 square feet).

Deck 12 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (12330 and 12730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony (433 square feet, balcony 362 square feet).

Deck 14 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (14330 and 14730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony (421 square feet, balcony 136 square feet).

So, the new balconies on deck 14 are about one-fourth of the size of the new ones on deck 11, and I would guess the type of balcony chairs may be limited on deck 14...

The suites on 14 are the smallest. As I mentioned in your other post if I were a party of 3 I would only consider the suites on 11. Yes the couch on 14 needs to be turned to be opened. The balcony facing the AQ is virtually non existent and overall MUCH smaller than a regular GS. I am just over 6' and had to bend over or sit down to use the shower in the suites on deck 11. Put it this way... If we could have switched to a regular GS during the cruise I would have been willing to pay to do so. If you have a regular GS I would keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have 11330 for August 22. Agree, I would really worry about the deck 14 and maybe 12 new aft suites, but feel the view and balcony is worth it. The lesser amenities in 11330 and 11730 were not overcome by the view from stern and port ? Thinking the Aquatheater view would be nice to sit on the balcony with a cocktail or nice dinner and watch. Would LOVE to see more pics of these suites since they have been out now about a month. Hoping someone in these last 3-4 weeks can post some more. Thanks Carib for the info. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

I am in 11330 on Feb 21. We will post pictures during or after the cruise if no one does before that. What is the best way to put pictures on the thread?

Thanks for offering to post pic of 11330. To post pictures you first have to upload the pics to a photo hosting site such as Photobucket. Once the pics are there you and you click on the photo it will show you links off to the R side. Copy the "direct" link"then paste it into your post on CC by clicking on the square with a mountain in the tools section above insertimage.gif Clicking on this insertimage.gif opens a box....then you can paste the link into the URL line.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I posted earlier that a friend and I have a GS midship booked Jan. 17, 2015 and 14730 booked for Jan.24. All the traditional GS have been booked, so we were locked into the aft suite with beds that do not separate and a bunch of other features we would not prefer. I have been checking every so often with little hope of being able to change suites. Until this afternoon! The GS suite next door to our first booking opened up! Called TA and was able to change rooms. We are doing the Happy Dance tonight! I had offered to post photos and won't be able to now. Good luck to all who choose these Aqua/GSs. I hope they prove to be better than we expect. They do have some redeeming features that probably would suit many cruisers, esp. those who do not need separate beds.:)

Hi Pohh8941 excuse my ignorance is their a web site that I can acces that will advise me what's available on Osais ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Pohh8941 excuse my ignorance is their a web site that I can acces that will advise me what's available on Osais ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes just go to the RCI home page and do a "fake" booking of the cabin you want and one will show up, with the option to see others.

Also, I have heard other posters state there are sites "Out" there in computer land on the internet that provide this information but it is against CC guidelines to post those sites here.

So your best bet is to go to RCI.

Safe travels

Finally, someone posted a video of room 12730 on You Tube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LshdlvsOWBo

Thanks for posting! The man who filmed the video seemed very happy with the room! :)

I think I'd be all for these rooms if the pullout couch didn't have to be turned to be open, and the bathroom was better accommodating for a person 6' or higher. (I have no first hand experience, but those are my thoughts after reading the reviews on here.)

I think I'd be all for these rooms if the pullout couch didn't have to be turned to be open.

Looking at the videos for deck 14 I can see how the couch can be turned but don't see how it can be turned on deck 12. I am concerned because we have two kids that need to sleep there.

Edited by Travalerie

• 1 month later...
As each of the current ATS' have it's own unique pricing category,

Deck 8 is A1

Deck 9 is A2

Deck 10 is A3

with deck 8 commanding the highest price due to being the largest and having the largest balcony.

It would make since to continue the pattern and reclassify these new suites as A4, A5 and A6 and priced individually.

This way no one would be comparing them to a GS.

I see from the future deck plans (effective May of 2016) for the Oasis that these six new suites will indeed be reclassified and no longer be considered Grand Suites. The plans show all six of them as A4 Aqua Theater Suites beginning with the May 7, 2016 voyage, and even describes them as having two bedrooms like the original Aqua suites. I think the A4-A5-A6 idea mentioned earlier makes more sense, as the cabins and balconies get much smaller with each deck up. The new Harmony of the Seas classifies them as A4 on her bookings and deck plans as well.

Back to the Oasis, I'm curious to see when they intend to make the needed structural changes to these six cabins, as these have been available for April 2016 bookings for quite some time, as well as the recently released May 2016 bookings.

Back to the Oasis, I'm curious to see when they intend to make the needed structural changes to these six cabins, as these have been available for April 2016 bookings for quite some time, as well as the recently released May 2016 bookings.

The work was done during dry dock, the TA, and a month or so after. The new cabins have been in inventory and available for occupancy since the end of November.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The work was done during dry dock, the TA, and a month or so after. The new cabins have been in inventory and available for occupancy since the end of November.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cindy, I don't think you understood my post. I'm referring to these six cabins being converted to A4 Aqua Suites, which is reflected in the deck plans effective in May 2016.

The work that you referred to was done during dry dock, which is when they became Grand Suites.

Edited by TheInnocentAge