Drinks

emski83

I doubt anyone would stop you but the other passengers will stare and think ill of you and your actions. Water is free from the tap in your stateroom and RCI offers a variety of drink packages to allow you all the juice and water you want.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app Edited by gr8.guy

[quote name='emski83']With water and juice (at breakfast) been free are we able to say fill up a couple of drink bottles with them at breakfast and store in cabin fridge to drink later on?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Two cautions:

1. Fill your bottles from your own individual glasses, not from a dispenser.

2. The cabin "refrigerator" is not all that cold, so do not expect it to keep your beverages cold enough to inhibit bacterial growth. Drink your stored drinks soon.

:)

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Yes.

Two cautions:

1. Fill your bottles from your own individual glasses, not from a dispenser.

2. The cabin "refrigerator" is not all that cold, so do not expect it to keep your beverages cold enough to inhibit bacterial growth. Drink your stored drinks soon.

:)[/QUOTE]

Arghh in that case I don't think I will, not worth the risk :) Thanks!

[quote name='clarea']My experience is that there is very little room in the cooler for other than the items Royal want to sell. I've had to remove Royal's stuff to make room for ours.[/QUOTE]

That is good to know!

[quote name='Merion_Mom']If your water bottle is small, just shove it into your ice bucket. THAT will keep it cold. :)[/QUOTE]

Oh good idea! Didn't realise that there will be an ice bucket

Its just more for taking water ashore! Since my cruise is going thru Asia it'll be quite warm so I like to have water on me

[quote name='emski83']...Oh good idea! Didn't realise that there will be an ice bucket...[/quote]
We've brought a small portable collapsible cooler before, and the statetoom attendant filled it with ice every day.

[quote name='suekay']I dont think anyone will stare or think badly of you if you decant juice or water into your bottles. I've seen many people do it without any adverse reaction[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that :) i didn't think it would look down on to do that

As long its ok to do it then i'm happy

Juice will keep for a long time, even uncooled...no worries! Yes, you can fill up your own containers for later.

The fridge in the cabin is a dorm-style box....if it's in a cabinet, keep the cabinet door ajar, and the cube will cool MUCH better! You couldn't store raw meat in it, but it will keep things from spoiling for a day or so.

[quote name='cb at sea']Juice will keep for a long time, even uncooled...no worries! Yes, you can fill up your own containers for later.

The fridge in the cabin is a dorm-style box....if it's in a cabinet, keep the cabinet door ajar, and the cube will cool MUCH better! You couldn't store raw meat in it, but it will keep things from spoiling for a day or so.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! :)

emski: the whole "bacterial" thing really only comes into play if you have been drinking from the bottle. The bacteria come from your mouth. (or as we used to call it, backwash ;) ) If you use only clean glasses from which you have not imbibed, into bottles that have been washed and then not used yet, the issue of bacterial growth should be moot, or at least minimized.

I, too, do what suekay does. In the morning, your evening ice bucket will have become a pail of cold water. Pour that into your water bottle for that day's excursions.

:)