Inside passage question

Merry Maid

Good Morning, this is my first time on the HAL forum, I'm a Cunard fan really.

My brother who is not a Cruise Critic member is considering a trip on the Noordam followed by a motorhome holiday in Canada. The trip is on the inside passage and is for 6 or 8 days I can't remember which. He would like to know what the dress code is for such a trip as he does not want to take a lot of unnecessary stuff e.g. dress suit for him fancy dresses for his wife, particularly as they will be flying back from Vancouver to the UK. Any advice would be welcome, they are not experienced cruisers having only done one years ago. My experience is all with Cunard who are a little more formal than most other lines.

What should he expect on HAL for this trip please?

Thank you.

MM

The Noordam will be doing 7 day Alaskan cruises in 2015. There will be 5 smart casual nights and 2 formal nights.

They will not see as many tuxedos on HAL as was the case several years ago for formal nights. Even my DH has given up the Tuxedo. He now wears either a suit or a sports jacket -- both with ties. Many women wear nice skirts or slacks with a fancy top.

Smart casual is slacks and either a dress shirt or a golf shirt for the men. Women wear nice slacks or a skirt and a nice top or dresses.

If they do not wish to participate in formal nights they can have dinner in either the Lido buffet, the Canaletto or in their cabin.

Krazy Kruiser nailed it. We went last summer and my husband only took a dark blazer and wore it with a tie for the formal nights. The other nights he wore khaki pants and a cotton button-down shirt, usually with the sleeves rolled up.

The most dressed up i got was wearing a wide-leg black jump suit. Dressy but not formal.

Krazy Kruiser nailed it. We went last summer and my husband only took a dark blazer and wore it with a tie for the formal nights. The other nights he wore khaki pants and a cotton button-down shirt,

This pretty much matches what I wear.

Completed 7 day Alaska cruise earlier this year on the Westerdam...not counting my tux there were perhaps 3 others :). My DW loves to "dress" for formal night.

Krazy Kruiser nailed the dress code..especial for Alaska cruises.

Hi we both like to dress up for formal night . We are from a small town in central Texas so don't get to dress up a lot. Have family going on the Westerdam next June and we will all dress up.:):):)

Been there, done that. My formal night attire is a blue blazer over khaki wash pants with

a collared sport shirt, light colored, with a bolo tie. Works on HAL, Princess, and even Crystal. Quick tip- bolo ties do not play well with button down shirts.

My formal night attire is a blue blazer over khaki wash pants with a collared sport shirt, light colored, with a bolo tie.

Hardly formal by any stretch of the imagination, but it does meet the HAL code for "formal".