How long did it take to get shareholder credit?

dickinson

Yesterday around 4:15 pm EST I faxed to Princess my info. I have a fax, copier, scanner but have never faxed before. Someone on this forum kindly helped me in a different thread. I assume I did it correctly but can't be sure. I called afterwards and the person I spoke with said it takes up to 7 days yet in other threads I have read a few times that it is posted shortly thereafter. Because it is not clear to me that I did the faxing correctly how long should I wait before calling again? How long did it take for you to get the credit?

Thanks.

It usually takes about an hour for mine to show up. Others have reported much longer times.

If you faxed it to 661 753 0180 that is the correct number.

If you want to check on it don't call the "regular" Princess number. The number to call to check on your shareholder OBC submission is 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

Note: Princess is on the west coast so they were closed when you sent your fax.

Edited by Thrak

It usually takes about an hour for mine to show up. Others have reported much longer times.

If you faxed it to 661 753 0180 that is the correct number.

If you want to check on it don't call the "regular" Princess number. The number to call to check on your shareholder OBC submission is 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

Note: Princess is on the west coast so they were closed when you sent your fax.

I did fax to the correct number. I assume on a fax machine you add a "1" to the number. I also called the phone # you listed above and asked for the extension. They were not closed. I spoke with someone who told me it takes 7 days. At 4:15 pm EST it is only 1:15 pm on the west coast. I think I will give it another day and then call again. Maybe I will get someone different ;)

When I fax mine in, it has taken anywhere from 24 hours to 72 hours. Coming right after a holiday weekend it may be on the long end.

Since you have not used the printer as a fax machine before you might want to check that the paper orientation was correct (fax up vs face down). The manual for your printer indicated face up, but you might test. The way to test is to put a page on and use the copy feature. If it copies correctly then you know that the orientation was correct.

If the pages were processed then you can be assured that it was faxed to the number. The system will not process the pages without a connection.

Some more advanced systems will store the pages in memory, but I don't think that your unit has that capability.

Recently mine took just one business day. Faxed on Friday evening and the OBC showed up in my cruise personalizer the following Monday evening. Many reports here talk about how quick the response is. I wouldn't bother calling until a few days have passed...it should show up.

I did fax to the correct number. I assume on a fax machine you add a "1" to the number. I also called the phone # you listed above and asked for the extension. They were not closed. I spoke with someone who told me it takes 7 days. At 4:15 pm EST it is only 1:15 pm on the west coast. I think I will give it another day and then call again. Maybe I will get someone different ;)

D'Oh! Not very clever. Had my time zones reversed. A senior moment I guess. [emoji12]

I faxed my request in last Wednesday (the day before Thanksgiving) and mine hasn't shown up on my cruise personalizer yet. In the past speaking for myself, it's taken as quick as a day and as long as 2 weeks.

When I fax mine in, it has taken anywhere from 24 hours to 72 hours. Coming right after a holiday weekend it may be on the long end.

Since you have not used the printer as a fax machine before you might want to check that the paper orientation was correct (fax up vs face down). The manual for your printer indicated face up, but you might test. The way to test is to put a page on and use the copy feature. If it copies correctly then you know that the orientation was correct.

If the pages were processed then you can be assured that it was faxed to the number. The system will not process the pages without a connection.

Some more advanced systems will store the pages in memory, but I don't think that your unit has that capability.

Thanks again. You have been most helpful. I'm just a nervous nelly because I had read that a few people say theirs posted an hour later. Good to know that others are saying a few days at least. We put the paper down on the glass instead of through the glides. The manual showed either way. It did seem as though the machine was putting it into memory. I'm sure they must have received it and again just being a nervous nelly. :o:o

Thanks to the other people who posted. Thrak - we ALL have those moments!!

Edited by dickinson

I guess the most important fact which hasnt been mentioned yet is, do you board this Saturday or some time in August? If down to a week or so you should get on the phone.

If the sail date is still weeks away just check online every day or two. If your sail date is More than 70 days away it is too early to submit it, they wont likely process it.

Terry

I guess the most important fact which hasnt been mentioned yet is, do you board this Saturday or some time in August? If down to a week or so you should get on the phone.

If the sail date is still weeks away just check online every day or two. If your sail date is More than 70 days away it is too early to submit it, they wont likely process it.

Terry

Sailing in February. You can submit it no earlier than 90 days in advance and I am under that. Thanks for that info. It might help someone else who is reading this thread.

I faxed it in on Tuesday..it is posted to moth our B2Bs today...may have been there yesterday, but I didn't check. They are very quick and organized lately! Thank you Princess...:p

Ps..we sail in February...

Edited by hillslife

FWIW, if you haven't done final payment, it's not going to post. And that's usually 75 days precruise.

I never submit more than 30 days in advance; they want your latest brokerage statement. So if you're sailing in February, send the December statement at the beginning of February. Betcha' that one posts almost immediately.

I faxed it in on Tuesday..it is posted to moth our B2Bs today...may have been there yesterday, but I didn't check. They are very quick and organized lately! Thank you Princess...:p

Ps..we sail in February...

Thanks. I did mine on Monday and still not posted. I think I will call them today.

FWIW, if you haven't done final payment, it's not going to post. And that's usually 75 days precruise.

I never submit more than 30 days in advance; they want your latest brokerage statement. So if you're sailing in February, send the December statement at the beginning of February. Betcha' that one posts almost immediately.

Thanks. I did final payment almost 2 1/2 weeks ago for my 15 day cruise but didn't do final payment on the 4 day til a couple of days ago. Either way I am well within the 90 days or less they ask for. I went to my brokerage info and printed out the page with that days date and sent that in. Maybe that was not enough? We'll see.

I book most of our cruises after the final payment date and have to pay the full amount. This month we're taking back-to-back cruises. The credit appeared for my first cruise within 24 hours after faxing my request. My cover letter had given both cruise dates and booking numbers. I waited another day before refaxing the request for the second cruise. It also showed up on my Cruise Personalizer within 24 hours that time.

Edited by geoherb

I called Princess and this time got someone more helpful (after faxing on Monday I called and they just said to wait 7 days). She said Monday's faxes were all closed out so they were deleted from the computer. She said to refax. I could not do it while on the phone so I refaxed. This time instead of putting the papers face down on the glass I did what RDC1 had said in a previous thread which was to put the papers through the glides (manual for machine said either way was fine). After doing this I called back and got a different rep. She took info and said she could see that the fax was received but said the rep I spoke with 5-10 minutes before had already applied my credit! She must have been watching for the fax. I wanted to take the one question survey at the end but she did something wrong and the phone instead was disconnected.

Thank you Princess!! (and RDC1 who had given me instructions on how to fax on my copier, scanner and fax machine).