Bridgetown on a Sunday?

JudithLynne

We will be docked in Barbados for a full day on a Sunday. Based on all the helpful information on this forum, we would like to walk into Bridgetown for shopping, sightseeing, and lunch. Will everything be closed on a Sunday? Thanks for any info and advice.

I can never understand why cruise lines dock in Barbados on Sunday when everywhere is closed. Equally, why don`t ships make Sunday a sea day because it is the same on most islands. I can only assume it is because most cruises have only just set sail the previous day. Sadly, Barbados is a lovely place to visit when it is open and in full swing but Sunday`s are definitely a massive let down for cruisers wanting to explore the shops etc.

If you visited this Sunday(7/12) or any Sunday in December for that matter most/all stores in Bridgetown will be opened.

It is the height of the Christmas season and the stores will be open every Sunday and late as well.

Typically though there is not much happening in and around Bridgetown or the entire island for that matter on Sundays.:(

• 3 weeks later...
If you visited this Sunday(7/12) or any Sunday in December for that matter most/all stores in Bridgetown will be opened.

It is the height of the Christmas season and the stores will be open every Sunday and late as well.

Typically though there is not much happening in and around Bridgetown or the entire island for that matter on Sundays.:(

Will stores be open on Sundays in January ?

I will be in Barbados on Sunday January 24 on the Norwegian Breakaway. We were thinking of just heading to the Boatyard and finding someone to take us snorkeling at the turtles. Will both of these be available on a Sunday? All I could find on the Boatyard website was they open at 9 but didn't specify dates. Are the individual companies that do snorkeling usually operating on Sundays?

I will be in Barbados on Sunday January 24 on the Norwegian Breakaway. We were thinking of just heading to the Boatyard and finding someone to take us snorkeling at the turtles. Will both of these be available on a Sunday? All I could find on the Boatyard website was they open at 9 but didn't specify dates. Are the individual companies that do snorkeling usually operating on Sundays?

Boatyard will definitely be open on a Sunday. I know they are usually operators there who take you to swim with the turtles.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I know this because I will be there on Sunday, January 25 on the Breakaway ! We are thinking of walking down to the boat yard .I understand that if you walk a little past the boat yard and Lobsters Alive you will be able to swim with the turtles without a guide .....is this true ?

• 1 month later...

Make sure you have an excursion planned as a lot is closed on Sunday's in Barbados. we just returned from a Sunday visit with a great Calabazza excursion. noticed the local downtown shopping venues were closed. we met one couple who actually went to church on Sunday so that's an idea I'f so inclined. Port shops are open though.

• 2 weeks later...
Keith, we'll be there on March 8th. We were thinking of at least walking to the downtown area. What do you think of the safety of two ladies doing that. Is it a ghost town on Sundays?

Thanks!

I am sorry....now seeing this post.

If you have not left on your cruise already, yes...this is a very safe walk on a Sunday morning/afternoon. Liked an OP said...not much will be opened in the way of shopping except in the port area.

We're thinking of walking to Waterfront Cafe or Bridge House, which ever it appears to be called. Online it has 10-3 Sunday hours. We're there from 8 to 5. I just don't want to take an unsafe walk, it's me and another lady.

Perfectly safe....you 2 ladies should be fine.:)

Generally speaking stores are usually not opened on Sundays in January. However if multiple ships are in port that day you may find a few stores open.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Will the stores be open on Easter Sunday,April 5th ?