RCL Wow Sale is not a a big WOW

Only thing about this sale, is they not on sale, rather only for sale. Don't be sucked in by the OBC as they higher priced, much higher.

I was checking for example Legend of the Seas 18 nights Brisbane to Singapore. Before the sale inside solo cheapest cabin $3200, on sale now for $4032 so $800 increase.

Only thing about this sale, is they not on sale, rather only for sale. Don't be sucked in by the OBC as they higher priced, much higher.

I was checking for example Legend of the Seas 18 nights Brisbane to Singapore. Before the sale inside solo cheapest cabin $3200, on sale now for $4032 so $800 increase.

Some are, some are not. Legend of the Seas from Singapore to Freo is much cheaper. I saved almost $1,000 plus the obc from when i first checked the prices (have got copies of old offers) some time ago and at least $200 plus the obc from 2 weeks ago.

Rcl very rarely hands out obc to non loyalty members. You need to do your homework and also check the various websites that monitor price drops including the cc one.

Hugh

Edited by cassamanda

Sales very rarely mean their are actual savings on every product, it is often just a sale period relying on hype.:(

Edited by MicCanberra

They had a real good deal for Legend of the Seas I think around August 2014 for an inside quad easter 2016 out of Brisbane 10 nights for $2,417 per cabin, works out about $60 per person before gratuities. Amazing prize for school holidays.

I am happy with the sale deal we got, but it was definitely better on some ships/itineraries than others even for the same time of year & length of cruise.

It's a good sale for people like me as it allows you to combine C&A discounts as well as any next cruise booking you are holding with the sale.

The $400 OBC is very good compared to most sales I've seen.

But you do have to pick through what is on offer.:)

I checked that cruise too Sarah as I have a small deposit on it and wondered whether it might be worth cancelling and re-booking but no, they want more than $400 more for the same product! I'm more than happy that I booked in October!:D

Gae

I checked that cruise too Sarah as I have a small deposit on it and wondered whether it might be worth cancelling and re-booking but no, they want more than $400 more for the same product! I'm more than happy that I booked in October!:D

Gae

Good job. I looking at different cruises now. Princess PNG cruise in January 2016 is catching my eye at the moment. Goes over my birthday.

Good job. I looking at different cruises now. Princess PNG cruise in January 2016 is catching my eye at the moment. Goes over my birthday.

Great! The Brisbane to Hong Kong cruise in April 2016 goes over my birthday! Nice way to celebrate! I did the same this year - was on Kangaroo Island via Pacific Pearl - very special cruise!

Gae

Gae

I have been told by my TA that once I have booked a RCL cruise and then want to cancel and rebook to get a better advertised price RCL will not allow it. They will still charge the initial price you booked under. Unlike P&O where you can do it. Is this correct?

WE ARE THE CRUISELINGS :)

I have been told by my TA that once I have booked a RCL cruise and then want to cancel and rebook to get a better advertised price RCL will not allow it. They will still charge the initial price you booked under. Unlike P&O where you can do it. Is this correct?

.......this time I booked in my sister's name with an online TA so the booking doesn't show up in my Royal Caribbean "My Cruises" as I'm person number 2, so I thought that perhaps I'd be able to cancel the online TA booking (losing our deposit) and re-book with Royal direct under MY NAME if the price was worth it.

Of course, this may not be possible but I was prepared to give it a go!

Edited by gaechann

Yes, I was told the same by my TA re my upcoming cruise on the Voyager.

Good one Gae! I know many people have this issue, and even when we booked direct, we were unable to cancel and rebook.

The free for all bedlam is being reigned in, as it seemed that a lot of people were wasting a lot of the cruise lines' time with continual changes. While it seems unfair when you just want to get a sale price, the cruise company sets the terms and you have to feel comfortable with the price you first book at, as that may be the price you are stuck with. On the other hand, we have had some great prices in the WOW sales, and our trip in Feb 15 is going for twice the price we paid in Jan last year's sale. Friends of ours are interested in coming, and it will be interesting if the price actually comes down in the lead up to the cruise.

We look at the schedule when it comes out, and pick some cruises that suit our leave/holiday time frame and port preferences. We keep an eye out for when the sales are on as to how the prices are tracking. We have our ball park for price per night depending on the type of cabin and the location, and if we see what we perceive to be good value we put down a deposit.

There are often similar cruises at different times, so if you are able to change the dates you may be able to save by cancelling and booking another time?