now offering 10% off various ad-ons

sassyw

You can use obc for excursions that you book when you are actually on the ship...won't qualify for this 10% promo. If you pre-book an excursion you have to pay at the time of booking

It would have been great if you could. I'm hoping there will still be plenty of openings when I get on the ship.

Turtles06, Thanks for the link. I want to print a copy of the promo to take with me on the cruise. There is no mention of the promo on the order confirmation and the OBC is not supposed to show up until you board. Taking a copy of the promo, just in case.

The OBC doesn't show up till you board? I thought your invoice is supposed to show all of your OBC from Celebrity. I'd be taking the promo copy too!

Have a great cruise!

Offer is open to residents of US and Canada, so unfortunately us Brits miss out.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

I was just looking at my future X booking for June 2015 last night and couldn't see where to book the 5 nights specialty restaurants package (which seems to now have been withdrawn to us in the UK) so came to CC to see what was what. Thank you to the person that posted the link and to a fellow Fifer, looks like us Brits have missed out again! I'm sure there'll be deals when we get on the ship for the restaurants but I do like to have these things booked in advance and X would also have my cash 6 months in advance as well!

Edited by Lotus Girl

Well I hope that it actually worked for me. Just got off the phone with a rep that barely spoke English and after what seemed like forever on hold he came back on the line and stated there was no need to cancel and rebook, that he had submitted a request. We will see what happens once on board in Feb we already have significant amount of OBC from TA but one can never have enough OBC.:)

I called and was told the same and was also put on hold for a long time. I was told that since I booked with a travel agent I had to contact the agent and have them call celebrity to give them a code so Celebrity could post my OBC. After I went through the whole drill my TA told me ( and Celebrity) there was no such code and that my OBC would appear when I was aboard in our folio.

I too will carry that Email with me so if there are any issues when we get aboard there will be an audit trail.

I also called today and purchased Bev Pkgs for our TA next fall. I too was told the OBC would show up in our "folio" on the ship, not in an invoice today that I could print out as confirmation. Given Celebrity's less than stellar reputation for these sorts of things, I think this could be a recipe for disaster. (On our most recent cruise last month, an OBC that we had was not reflected in the ship's folio, but fortunately I had my invoice with me showing the OBC and Guest Relations was able to email Celebrity in Miami and get the OBC added to our account on the ship.)

I told the rep today that I thought it important for guests to be able to have a written confirmation of the OBC from this purchase, as proof of our entitlement to the OBC. She said we could call back after Dec. 15 (when the promo ends), and the OBC should be reflected in our invoice. Not holding my breath here, as she initially told me this won't be on any invoice but will be added on the ship.

I have printed out the promo itself from Celebrity's web site as well as the email confirmation of my purchases today (showing they were made within the promotional period), and will be sure to take these with me. I would encourage others to do the same.

I wonder why Celebrity doesn't send these email to everyone, especially their Captains Club members.

Marion

I did not get said email either, but called Celebrity today to take advantage of offer and spoke to a very pleasant representative. Like previous poster, I was first told OBC will show up on the ship, then was told I could check back after promo ends on the 15th and they have finished calculating all of my enhancements that qualify for the extra 10% OBC.

I already prebooked and purchased for the two of us two sp dining rooms and one shore excursion. I just called up Celebrity was transfered to ship extras dept- and after being on hold for about 10 minutes a very nice rep said they just added the 10% so no need to cancel and rebook- In my case the OBC is just $25.27 but that will cover the two of us in Bistro a couple of times- (We'll just be charged then just a few bucks).

Thanks again to the origional poster, as I never received news of this promo-

The information that we can all share is absolutely invaluable. The origional poster just saved me $25.00!

Doesn't the small print of the promo say it is only good for sailings through March 2015?

Nope. It says this: "Offer applies to Caribbean sailings departing Jan. 1 – Mar. 31, 2015, and all other sailings departing Mar. 31 – Dec. 17, 2015." :)

Hi all: We booked on Nov 28th for two Jan 2015, B2B's on Reflection inside their window for this offer. (We are from Ontario) After reading the thread here for the OBC I decided to call and enquire about it. On Thursday Dec 4th at 0800 I called Celeb Vac planners and "Freddie" (one of the reps) was not sure about it. I emailed him the celeb offer on the discount, so he knew exactly what I was referring to. He told me we "already had a discount on the beverage package since we booked online in advance as it costs more if done on the ship". Thus he said: "we do not qualify". Same for the shore excursion. I asked him to confirm and he advised he would speak to his boss "Kevin" and get back to me by mid morning. Mid morning came and went: No Freddie and No Kevin. I followed up with another email to Freddie on Friday Dec 5th... asking for a reply. Freddie is since MIA.... I called tonight... Dec. 8th and spoke with Phil. Phil and his coach (and even their resolution desk) are insistent that since we booked on Nov 28th for the cruise, we are outside of this promo event and their is no way they will offer the promo OBC as we do not qualify. I asked about cancelling the shore excursion and bev package and rebooking and Phil said: "Do what you think is best". HUMMMM. This will be #'s 5 and 6 for us on Celeb. We like the line, but an apparent difference between customer service as evidenced in this thread would suggest some reps respond differently. Can those who received the OBC by calling Celeb please confirm they too were outside of this special window when they booked but were in fact able to receive the OBC?

Thanks and happy sailing to all.

MY DH & I, and 2 friends, booked this cruise with a Travel agent. We received the 10% discount tonight when I called to purchase the beverage package.

Nanatravel - we were even on a 'group rate' and were bale to get the discount/10% OBC. Our friends were given the Classic pkg, by the TA, and were STIIL able to get this promotion on the upgrade purchase to the Deluxe pkg. Although the agent initially said they would not be eligible, I asked him to check and received the good news.

bobby4ireland - I'm not sure what special booking window you're referring to, but we only booked this cruise 2 weeks ago, and we still qualified.

Here is the "fine print" from the promo's website:

* Offer applies to Caribbean sailings departing Jan. 1 – Mar. 31, 2015, and all other sailings departing Mar. 31 – Dec. 17, 2015. Purchase a qualifying shore excursion, beverage package and/or specialty dining reservation (the "Reservations") from Dec. 2-15, 2014, and receive an onboard credit ("OBC") in the amount of 10% of the total Reservations cost. OBC is per person and will be applied to guest's folio on the first day of the cruise. Any cancellation or changes to the reservations will result in a prorated reduction of the OBC. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Celebrity Exclusives, Private Journeys, overnight tours, Shore Excursion packages, and other special tours.

Offer is open to residents of U.S. and Canada and new individual pre-cruise reservations. Offer is non-transferable and not combinable with any other discounts, not applicable to charters, incentive, meeting or contracted groups, which would normally be eligible for Shore Excursions Commissions. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and expires 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Reservations are subject to availability. Shore Excursion prices are per person and are subject to change without notice. Offer is subject to change without notice. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

For those who received the 10% on upgrade from classic to premium beverage pkg (classic given as perk through Celebrity) who did you speak to to get the perk? I spoke to cruise enhancement yesterday and was told "no" so if possible I'd like to try again. Thanks!

For those who received the 10% on upgrade from classic to premium beverage pkg (classic given as perk through Celebrity) who did you speak to to get the perk? I spoke to cruise enhancement yesterday and was told "no" so if possible I'd like to try again. Thanks!

I called twice, and both times I was told 'no'. However, when I politely asked, and quoted this board's posts, I was placed on hold to check. However, the representatives came back on the line to say we did qualify. I don't know if it has to do with the cabin category we booked, but nothing in the offer language I posted above says anything about that.

Call again and be clear that others have been given the discount, even on the beverage pkg. upgrade when the pkg. was a TA benefit.